Hunting4r2d2

New Models (Including Tau-5)

Posted  Edited by Hunting4r2d2 - Edit Reason: Accidentally referred the Tactical Response Heavy as a Tactical Response Medic

Ever since Tau-5 was added and Ralsei mentioned that their models were pending, I decided to head into the ocean that is the Gmod workshop and fish out something that fits their description. However, while I was searching, I discovered a couple of other models that could be used, so I decided to branch this suggestion out to a few other MTF/TROs. None of these will provide any gameplay changes.

MTF Tau-5 "Samsara"

Armor Model:

20190122195609_1.thumb.png.ff33bfe867f76ed4c0f77dca55c50824.png

This model has a nice cybernetic look that I feel like would fit the Tau-5 well. Some may feel that it looks a little too futuristic, keep in mind that Samsara are suppose to use some of the most high-tech equipment that the SCP Foundation has to offer.

Link: (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425929092&insideModal=0&requirelogin=1, the model is specifically it is labeled as "FOX_SA")

Base Model:

20190122195633_1.thumb.png.138933714b4d2cd5a232f109dfd89eec.png

Continuing off the idea that Tau-5 are immortal cyborgs, I believe that they will need a unique base model as well. This one will be a great fit since it does not necessarily go overboard with the cybernetics.

(There is no link for this one as the model can be found in the base game labeled as "stripped")

MTF Epsilon-9 "Fire Eaters"

Armor Model:

20190122195330_1.thumb.png.2e8b10b809e8351c9443bb6fdc066c43.png

While I am aware that Epsilon-9 already have their own, but I think many of us agree that it does not really fit them. Whenever I see the pyro model the first thing to come to my mind is a psychopath stuck in his own world, not a MTF. I personally feel like this one is more appropriate.

Link: (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153110617)

Tactical Response Medic

Armor Model:

20190122195345_1.thumb.png.58816d9f94b4c66b416bbc175ad5adaa.png

While I do not think every specialized TRO needs its own unique model, I feel like the medic should be an exception due to his support role. Simply put, it will be much easier for injured foundation members to identify who the medic is if he/she was wearing some distinct looking armor.

Link: (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1442681959&searchtext=SCP+models, the model is specifically it is labeled as "MTF Medic")

Tactical Response Heavy

Armor Model:

20190122195409_1.thumb.png.550ccf850515948ca88a21e26e7124bd.png

As I mentioned above, I do not think that every specialized TRO needs a distinct model, but I am going to propose this final one since the Tactical Response Heavy shares his model with MTF Nu-7. This model is similar looking to the Hammer Down's armor, but its appearance is much akin to that of a security guard, whereas the Nu-7 one is more closely aligned to the armor of a soldier.

Link: (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1442681959&searchtext=SCP+models, the model is specifically it is labeled as "MTF Jaggernaunt_2")

I am going to apologize in advance if this suggestion seems a bit overcrowded.

Edited by Hunting4r2d2
Accidentally referred the Tactical Response Heavy as a Tactical Response Medic

Posted  Edited by Doomnack

Good seeing that I wasn't the only person who kept seeing Tau-5 as Seal Team 6 from Counter Strike and not as the futuristic cyborg task force they are meant to be. +1

Also you should add a model for the TRO Heavy, as it currently shares the same model with Nu-7.

Edited by Doomnack

9 hours ago, Doomnack said:

Good seeing that I wasn't the only person who kept seeing Tau-5 as Seal Team 6 from Counter Strike and not as the futuristic cyborg task force they are meant to be.

Who else remembers when that model was used for the Nine Tailed Fox's armor?