Flops

current state of gfl ze post number 50

Posted  Edited by Flops

This post is just pointing out some issues that I've come to notice :)

issue 1 - current admins

no one really needs to say this but alot of the admins are inactive (not even blaming u guys anymore, who tf wants to play) and MANY members of the current admin team are considering resigning/will resign in the near future ( :c )

issue 2 - admin applicants

due to a lack of active admins i feel like the team is becoming desperate (ish) for new admin applicants, leading to the trend of randoms having chances at getting admin from just playing a lot. This also stems from community members pushing the admin team to get new admins because they feel (maybe fairly so, maybe not) that the current admin team sucks. Many of these "randoms" have proven us wrong multiple times (sneaky weazel, bb_iu are great examples of people who were relatively unknown but ended up to be ok/great admins), but as a whole they arent a great lot. They play a lot the month of their application, they become toxic, they become inactive, and they resign.

issue 3 - server as a whole

many people are kinda just fed up with the server. Obviously, it is not dying by any means and people are still flooding into play but the people we should really care about, the regulars, get really fed up just playing the server. Stale gameplay, bad players, and controversial maps just trigger both sides of the community.

No, our server or community isn't gonna die. But really, these are pretty big issues that should be addressed.

yes its my opinion and no im not trying to hate on anyone dont be retarded

Edited by Flops

snowy brought up a really good point in discord - community members are responsible for stopping people who want admin from applying

if we want good admins, we should also stop making it out to be so bad and encourage good candidates to apply

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel
37 minutes ago, Flops said:

issue 3 - server as a whole

many people are kinda just fed up with the server. Obviously, it is not dying by any means and people are still flooding into play but the people we should really care about, the regulars, get really fed up just playing the server. Stale gameplay, bad players, and controversial maps just trigger both sides of the community.

This is ZE, It will become stale at one point, you can't play it forever 24/7. ZE has already "evolved" to the point where its more of a MG gamemode with all this laser maps being produced everywhere. Day and day, people play the same maps over and over just for the screenshots (for what purpose do those screenshots really mean? Internet penis points?). It's fine to have a variety of both, and we try to balance things out, but there's only so much we can do. 

If you go to other servers, what's the difference? Its still the same ZE/MG? Same maps being nominated and played? Same group of players that are full of themselves. Each server have their different kind of autism and we suffer most since we're "#1"

And as for the admin issues, I've already brought it up in discord. Fetty also mentioned it here with his latest comment. 

For those that don't know: Stop fucking discouraging people from applying just because you don't know them. You guys are making it seem like being an admin is the one bad achievement you can get??? You guys want Admins? Then why don't you suggest some good candidates instead of just continously pressuring us for Admins? 

Especially to those same assholes out there that want us to suffer but then complain when there are no admins

Edited by xSnowyAngel

1 minute ago, xSnowyAngel said:

This is ZE, It will become stale at one point, you can't play it forever 24/7. ZE has already "evolved" to the point where its more of a MG gamemode with all this laser maps being produced everywhere. Day and day, people play the same maps over and over just for the screenshots (for what purpose do those screenshots really mean? Internet penis points?). It's fine to have a variety of both, and we try to balance things out, but there's only so much we can do. 

If you go to other servers, what's the difference? Its still the same ZE/MG? Same maps being nominated and played? Same group of players that are full of themselves. 

idk perhaps we could come up with new ways to "freshen" up the ze experience - my idea is maybe letting people who have played more express/differentiate themselves via a skin or something

17 minutes ago, xSnowyAngel said:

And as for the admin issues, I've already brought it up in discord. Fetty also mentioned it here with his latest comment. 

For those that don't know: Stop fucking discouraging people from applying just because you don't know them. You guys are making it seem like being an admin is the one bad achievement you can get??? You guys want Admins? Then why don't you suggest some good candidates instead of just continously pressuring us for Admins? 

Image result for reggie fils aime shrug

We’ve released a new plugin (Map Mod) to change up casual maps recently, Vauff has been pretty much tasked to testing the unrelenting stream of new maps being suggested every week. We have so many new maps. CSGO ZE has reached a point where almost every week, there’s a new map or new update for a map. ZE gameplay is only so much. We can attempt to manipulate as much as we can to spice up gameplay but the main focus of Zombie Escape is literally in the name. If you come on ZE with the intent to solo maps, than I’m sorry but I think you found the wrong gamemode.

The community needs to encourage the new players to play casual maps and tryhard maps that don't focus on lasers like skyrim, fapescape and rizomata since ff maps and deadcore etc. are really challenging to new ze players and especially f2p players. A fair amount gfl "regulars" now are just laser fags and will eventually get bored of their daily mako, wester and deadcore, the regulars that don't like these maps get bored even quicker. The server has so many maps that hardly get played which makes ze seem very stale to new players as a fraction of the nomlist gets played often, this also takes an eventual toll on regulars. So all in all feel free to nominate maps you haven't played for a while, sepiroth will still be there waiting, don't worry. 

bring back all spartan colours being free for members

Posted  Edited by mikasa

this is time for [GFL Admin] Fetty to rise and shine on (ง >_<)ง

7 hours ago, 1mpact said:

The community needs to encourage the new players to play casual maps and tryhard maps that don't focus on lasers like skyrim, fapescape and rizomata 

bring back all spartan colours being free for members

unfortunately we have to wait for new rizomata due to csgo update fkd up the particles :(

Edited by mikasa

93896602_p0.jpg

It is obvious that letting players nominate maps is an advantage of the server, but at the same time a drawback
The advantage is that there will be good maps nominated, the downside is that it will be very boring
I think it is possible to leave 5 maps of nominated players, along with 2-3 randomly nominated server maps?
in fact I think maybe only half of the map in the map list is used (maybe even less)

I mean imo the admin team right now is good. Solid players who have knowledge about the game. Only problem is that there aren't so many. All the shit admins resigned so don't know why you talking shit on the admins. They may look inactive. But they propably just skipping out on the cancerhour (also reason why some resgined). I don't blame them tbh it's a hassle to get on the server and having to mute 20 fking NA retards. Wanna make server good? Not gonna happen lol. It's an NA server. Only reason this server has the most tryhards players is cause it has the best settings. Only fking reason. There always gonna be a battle between casuals and tryhards. What you expect the managers to do lol

It's pretty logical tbh. GFL accept f2p --> server gets more players --> mix between tryhards and shitters is out of balance --> more casual/shit maps get played --> admins don't wanna play this maps 

--> less admins on the server.

Posted  Edited by hotEvercLear

please dont go toxic with this  

To fetty's point and Fury's too. I dont think the current admin team is shit, i think it is understaffed and needs more in server coverage. There are some good people on the admin team, Val, Block, Sky, Vauffoot, RC, Sneaky, Chewtoy (even though he is #1 racist admin), etc (dont ban me if I left you out, i cannot think of all of you off the top of my head). We cannot expect 6-7 (I dont even know how many active admins we have) to be on 24/7 since this is a game and we all have stuff IRL to do. That said, we do need more admins in server to help regulate the F2P cancer and the normal regular cancer. 

Perhaps it is the admin system that need to be changed? Perhaps the current method of publicly telling people you like them or dont like them for all the community to see is not the best method. Perhaps it could be private, and more a phased/trial approach. Maybe more tiers... or a mentor system where you are pared with 1 T2+ Admin, and they coach guide you and you have limited powers in the server (temp mutes only, able to give Leader) while you are on a trial basis... idk, perhaps a better system for getting and developing more good admins is what we need (I sure think so). 

Edited by hotEvercLear

14 hours ago, FzFuRy said:

But they propably just skipping out on the cancerhour

an admin shouldnt skip the cancerhour, they should try and join in the cancerhour to stop it from being the cancerhour

It's an NA server

we get it youre european which makes you so much better than NA

As if EU CSGO ZE servers are any better, all of them are either dead or have brokensettings and have worse players than GFL yet you bash on NA despite the fact you play NA servers because EU servers suck

Only reason this server has the most tryhards players is cause it has the best settings

If laserfags are try hards sure GFL has the most tryhards, but it's obvious that PSE/RSS have the best players they clear maps very quickly, they listen, defend and don't doorhug/laserfag/mapfag

And the settings part is subjective and debatable

What you expect the managers to do lol

List of things other servers have done to deal with laserfag/mapfagging

restricting nominations for overplayed maps, only letting lasermaps/minigame maps be able to played in the weekend, unable to nominate laserfag maps, unable to nominate once the server has 40+ players, limiting nominate to VIPs (not the best idea tbh), removing maps that are solely laserfag maps, having a shared cool down for similar maps (eg ff)

It's pretty logical tbh. GFL accept f2p --> server gets more players --> mix between tryhards and shitters is out of balance --> more casual/shit maps get played --> admins don't wanna play this maps 

Except the server has had this problem before F2P became a thing

23 hours ago, Flops said:

No, our server or community isn't gonna die. But really, these are pretty big issues that should be addressed.

How sure are u about this one? I've seen 3 massive ZE communities die because of these reasons. Indeed if u don't address the issue GFL is gonna die (again). It won't seem like it but u will start to pull in less players on average and the regulars decide to leave.

What is there a limit to the number of admins? Until they actually become admin, ya cant really judge their performance as admin. And if they slouch off after a month and resign, what can really be done anyways? Seriously this seems be be a bunch of complaints on shit no one can really do anything much about.

Seriously what should be done? Maybe we should just make anyone that applies to be admin and then slowly remove admins that fuck up. And then all of you guys should be satisfied because we now have the maximum possible admin control. Or maybe we should uphold all admins to certain standards. Those who wish to work extra hard will retain their admin status and those who don't will have admin power removed. And then we'll end up with even less control than before because no one wishes to have admin power just so they can babysit everyone for several hours a day. 

17 hours ago, FzFuRy said:

Casual shit maps literally take up over 50% of the playtime on the server to begin with before and after f2p.  If admins were to pop onto the server, chances were that they were going to end up in a casual map to begin with. So if admins wished to not play certain maps, then they never really came onto the server naturally, rather they came on selectively, which means the problem persisted before f2p players came in anyways. Also you don't get to decide what maps admins wish to play.

Casual/shit maps dont really need admin regulation to begin with either. If admins do wish to play tryhard maps, they would also have to monitor the situation, which means they take on a bigger burden compared to the other players. Do you really think they want to do this constantly for several maps every single day?

This is just the same bullshit like always. WORK IS WORK. People push for higher standards such as bhop, and it comes with more work, then they run with the same expectations that they can play as naturally as they did before and still win just as much. Nobody does the extra work, and thus naturally more losses come about. The same players don't want to give up anything while still getting everything, so they become toxic. They blame it on the team, even though the standards they argued for required more work from the team. They blame in on the admins, even though the standards made it so admins need to regulate more sessions.

14 minutes ago, qtox said:

I've seen 3 massive ZE communities die because of these reasons.

Pls no just stop. When a server dies its like anyone can claim whatever bullshit caused it to die. I have been to many communities which are now dead, and at most, one I can argue a theory, one I know for certain because everyone knew the story, and one I personally know for certain what caused it to die, because I was heavily invested in that community. That community attempted to spice shit up and instead it screwed shit over because everyone rather listened to wildass theories rather than face the unpleasant truth. All of a sudden, everyone began to "realize" the server was dying and everyone "knew" what the cause of it was. Turns out the "cause" was the server wasn't pandering to what they specifically wanted, woooow.