Flops

current state of gfl ze post number 50

2 hours ago, gkuo88 said:

Maybe we should just make anyone that applies to be admin

ninja chris for admin

how stupid do you have to be to not see the massive issue with letting anyone become admin?

2 hours ago, gkuo88 said:

People push for higher standards such as bhop

can you go one post without somehow shoehorning in your hatred for bhopping?

2 hours ago, Malal said:

ninja chris for admin

how stupid do you have to be to not see the massive issue with letting anyone become admin?

At least I'd do a better job than the DTK admins. :feelsbadman:

2 hours ago, Ninja Chris said:

thats like gfl bragging about how at least theyre not as bad as dtk

9 hours ago, Malal said:

thats like gfl bragging about how at least theyre not as bad as dtk

12 hours ago, Ninja Chris said:

i think u guys are hilarious but lets be honest here - yall fucking make every post get locked. can you guys at least spare my post from the inevitable lock

18 hours ago, qtox said:

How sure are u about this one? I've seen 3 massive ZE communities die because of these reasons. Indeed if u don't address the issue GFL is gonna die (again). It won't seem like it but u will start to pull in less players on average and the regulars decide to leave.

im 100% sure gfl wont die, we r still number 1 comm server + have insanely high avg

the more i think about it, i really think we should revamp the admin system. I dont know what that would look like, but I think the current system is not creating the volume of qualified applicants we would like to alleviate some of the problems we are seeing right now in the server... and the general feeling is that the current public form/shaming system is discouraging applicants. 

I would love to see some thoughts, ideas, suggestions, or things you have seen work well in other servers?

Please dont take us down a rabbit hole that ends with an argument about who is a better defender, who is a better bhopper or who has the bigger e-bepis!!!!! 

4 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

the more i think about it, i really think we should revamp the admin system. I dont know what that would look like, but I think the current system is not creating the volume of qualified applicants we would like to alleviate some of the problems we are seeing right now in the server... and the general feeling is that the current public form/shaming system is discouraging applicants. 

I would love to see some thoughts, ideas, suggestions, or things you have seen work well in other servers?

Please dont take us down a rabbit hole that ends with an argument about who is a better defender, who is a better bhopper or who has the bigger e-bepis!!!!! 

I don't know what you mean by this? I feel like most of the current admin team on GFL is relatively active, and doing a good job for the most part. If you are addressing the issue of new applicants being scarce, I would say the solution is to do a better job reeling in newer players, and make them care about the game, something I think we fail to do very often. Revamping the admin system will most likely do nothing for a higher influx of applicants. People who have been on ze for awhile, know the type of player to make a good admin, should encourage newer players they see as good admin material to apply.

Posted  Edited by gkuo88
20 hours ago, Malal said:

Yea I was expecting people end up having a problem with that 

20 hours ago, Malal said:

can you go one post without somehow shoehorning in your hatred for bhopping?

Just because I hate it doesnt mean you can go about and deny the consequences of the mechanic and act as nothing has changed when it was implemented. Going about and blaming admins or other players accomplishes nothing because there is nothing you can do to control them. Going about and blaming the managers seems stupid too because they're already selectively choosing who's worthy of being admin. Factors which you can change are map selection and server settings. Map selection is already controlled by the community, and as history has shown, harder maps are avoided more often because they are dependent on teamwork of alot more players, which means less power to the individual player to control their own fate. Players begin to avoid these maps because they dislike the aspect that they can try their best, and victory will still depend on how well other players play.

Server settings are no different, implementing a mechanic that grants more power to zombies means less power to human players. In order to accomplish the same things as before, you now need more teamwork with more people defending. All of a sudden, people need to be told to prefire more often than before. All of a sudden we lose more rounds due to more instances of a zombie killing half the team. All of a sudden, items need to be used at specific times because victory is now dependent on that sort of stuff. Small mistakes like edging or losing an item need to be punished more because victory is dependent on human survival numbers. All of this leads to  people blaming admins for not controlling the situation. In short, I get to shoehorn this shit in because these are direct causes which can be manipulated.

At the same time there are always other possibilities too. Like I said, bhop is a mechanic that benefits the zombies which leads to less individual power for the humans. All one has to do is increase individual power for humans so maps arent so dependent on teammates not fucking up. Maybe increase the number of bullets per mag. Anti-edge? Hide plugin? More nade rebuys? Heck lol, though I doubt even most of these will end up making up for the destructive factors of stuff like bhop.

20 hours ago, Citizen said:

Wrong.

Ok, how about "Casual/shit maps dont need as much admin regulation compared to harder maps."

On 1/23/2019 at 9:50 PM, 1mpact said:

skyrim, fapescape and rizomata

Just wanted to point out fap and rizomata have their own cancerous bullshit built in map design so even pushing for these maps isn't necessarily going to make people like them.

Edited by gkuo88

5 hours ago, hotEvercLear said:

What ideas? After all these posts no one really posts ideas because nothing much can be fixed. Theres a limited number of people who apply for admin, theres a selection process, and those who become admin moderate whenever they can. Should mods increase the number of admins by being more lenient on the judging process? Should admins have a set number of hours they need to moderate each week? (note that too much work for admins can just end up with them resigning) Start paying admins to do their job more often, or give them bigger benefits? How about a notification system showing who boosted zombies or just remove the ability to boost all together. An anti-edge system? A plugin noting repeat offenders? A community vote system to eban or mute? Oh shit I know, focking add anime skins already for fucks sake and give that to admins. Holy shit what the fuck are you waiting for, who doesnt want to play as a big titty anime girl in strippu pantsu. Animuy grills are pleasent to look at because they are very kawaii. I cant wait to see 2b surrounded by hunky master cheifs desu. WOOOOPwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Posted  Edited by Citizen
31 minutes ago, gkuo88 said:

Ok, how about "Casual/shit maps dont need as much admin regulation compared to harder maps."

Casual maps = winning is less rewarding = less tryharding = more cancer players (alternatively, some tryhard players may also join in on the cancer) = more cancer.

But instead of writing an essay that no one's gonna read, allow me to entertain you with some videos.

Here's one I recorded myself a few months ago, when admins were either afk or not even in game:

Edited by Citizen

I'm backk.

Yea that was great stuff. Fucking hilarious. Don't really get your point though.

First 2 videos

- no one really attempting to lead

- during that time period, people never really lead on chicken lords, 30 seconds, rooftop runaway

- everyone was still playing normally

- during that time period people lost on chicken lords, 30 seconds, rooftop runaway alot anyways

- you can compare it to sessions where there wasn't that level of micspamming or leading, and the results were pretty much the same

- also during a time period where there wasn't f2p players

Pizzatime

- no one really attempting to lead

- even with no micspamming and no leading you guys clearly weren't going to win

- people still proceeded to play as normal

- luff autism map design 1 aka people die by map trolling x 40

- luff literally designed an autistic theme map, people start acting autistic (who knew?)

- hard maps with no leaders tend to be rtved anyway, cause any smart player know what situation is clearly hopeless, and time is a valuable commodity and should not be wasted

also in this day and age admins mute that stuff anyways and sometimes admins just aren't on the server

may seem off handed but what about reducing the turnover time on admin apps. The time between an app being posted and an app being accepted seems to be somehwere between a few weeks and 2 months in this most recent set of admin apps. I am not saying do it in like a week but maybe a 2-3 week period of observation on applications would help speed the process of getting new admins along. Noone wants to wait in limbo for what feels likes eternity, plus if u look at alot of the apps that have mostly neutrals at the start its jsut people who have so so activity but then beef it up during their application period/ change how they convey themselves.

With how often the server is 64/64 and also exhibiting severe signs of autism, and how few admins there are comparative to the population maybe a broad stroked brush wouldnt be such a terrible idea until it can be wittled down to the ones that will st ick with it. 

24 minutes ago, gkuo88 said:

Don't really get your point though.

24 minutes ago, gkuo88 said:

also in this day and age admins mute that stuff anyways and sometimes admins just aren't on the server

3 hours ago, gkuo88 said:

"Casual/shit maps dont need as much admin regulation compared to harder maps."

Are you seriously that thick that you don't understand that mic cancer happens on casual maps, moreso than tryhard maps?

I'm backk.

yes and? micspam goes on more often on causal maps than on tryhard maps ok yea. Doesn't mean that regulation is needed. For a server that has 24/7 activity there's no way to get an admin on all the time. For a server that runs 24/7, the vast majority of time you're dealing with casual maps.

The videos ya showed had no admin regulation, yet the server went on just as usual, people proceeded to play those casual maps, and the same outcome came about just like usual. An admin can be on, and they can mute all the micspammers, and nothing much would change. Also casual maps usually doesn't have leading, which even lowers the need for regulation.

That compared to harder maps, where trolling and screwing around require more regulation because harder maps allow less room for error. Also harder maps are where most of the leading takes place, thus prompting for admins to put in regulation. Purposely screwing with an item could call for an eban. Boosting zombies forward to ruin a round may result in kick. Anything that can ruin an entire round is taken more seriously because the admins know the level of stress it places on the players. On casual map, if these things happen, people could care less cause, less tryharding.

Seriously this isn't hard to figure out, during tryhard sessions, which usually occur on harder maps, you tend to see admins take action. On casual sessions, which usually occur on casual maps, you barely see admins take action.

Posted  Edited by Citizen

Racism, soundboarding, and micspamming are LITERALLY against the rules, how much you think it affects gameplay is completely irrelevant.

Fuck this, I'm just talking to a wall at this point.

Edited by Citizen

I'm backk.

Posted  Edited by hotEvercLear

by admin system, I should say admin application system. my first thought is make it private and  it a publicly viewed forum. I have seen member post responses of people getting denied on admin apps in discord as a way to mock those members who were denied to try and hurt their feelings. I think that certainly discourages others from applying and could be scaring off or discouraging other possible good future admins from applying. perhaps make the whole application process private so the rest of the community cannot see the feedback, or just do it another way. 

Edited by hotEvercLear

11 hours ago, gkuo88 said:

Just because I hate it doesnt mean you can go about and deny the consequences of the mechanic and act as nothing has changed when it was implemented.

i wasnt even arguing whether its good or bad, i was talking about how you shoe horn into it into irrelevant discussions

Going about and blaming admins or other players accomplishes nothing because there is nothing you can do to control them

You can control players and admins, it's called hierarchy and punishment.

and as history has shown, harder maps are avoided more often because they are dependent on teamwork of alot more players, which means less power to the individual player to control their own fate

Depends, some people/servers like these harder team work maps because they are more rewarding.

Server settings are no different, implementing a mechanic that grants more power to zombies means less power to human players

bhopping can help humans more than zombies sometimes, a fast ct bhopper means a faster trigger and less time defending

I get to shoehorn this shit in because these are direct causes which can be manipulated.

csgo bhopping has nothing to do with this, RSS has uncapped bhop and doesnt suffer from this problem

Heck lol, though I doubt even most of these will end up making up for the destructive factors of stuff like bhop. 

you speak about bhop like it murdered your mother

or just remove the ability to boost all together.

yes remove knockback brilliant idea

lets go back to 2014 csgo ZE without knockback

19 minutes ago, Malal said:

i wasnt even arguing whether its good or bad, i was talking about how you shoe horn into it into irrelevant discussions

Guy complains about server needing more regulation, I suggest just remove the need for extra regulation by simplifying settings, that way people don't get frustrated and call for admin control all the freaking time.

25 minutes ago, Malal said:

You can control players and admins, it's called hierarchy and punishment.

If you're arguing about punishment along the lines of stopping troublemaking thats a given. If you put in things like leadership, that gives you a few more points of control. But these things are a given, that at most sets a min skill value, not the max. The same reason why people lose all the time is because you cannot control the players even though they are following all the rules. You can't stop some players from not listening to commands, you can't stop players from using certain weapons or doorhugging, you can't force admins to be on the server at specific times. If you have a better manner in which to control the players and admins, it will be your job to suggest it. Seriously I'm getting tired to doing all the work and you just bitching about how everything is stupid.

43 minutes ago, Malal said:

Depends, some people/servers like these harder team work maps because they are more rewarding.

On the grand scale its no different. Some server may have a more skillful community thus certain maps are more winnable on some server compared to other servers. But the concept of harder maps remains the same on all servers. There will always be certain maps on every server where they loose enough, the community will avoid playing those maps, or play these maps much less than often.

48 minutes ago, Malal said:

you speak about bhop like it murdered your mother

Dude I've already came to accept I don't like bhop. It doesn't change the validity of my arguments. Have you considered the possibility that you might be biased for bhop, considering that it seems that you're desperate to defend it?

57 minutes ago, Malal said:

bhopping can help humans more than zombies sometimes, a fast ct bhopper means a faster trigger and less time defending

Great you save 2 seconds of defending in certain situations compared to a constant increase of work on a 24/7 basis, and somehow you think it justifies the larger mess that is created by the mechanic. Actually, the situation is even worse than before lol. Humans are able to trigger more early, and zombies are able to catch up to humans more early, and the amount of defending probably increases because only one human is needed to trigger in most cases verses having to defend against more than one bhopping zombies.

1 hour ago, Malal said:

csgo bhopping has nothing to do with this, RSS has uncapped bhop and doesnt suffer from this problem

Great another goalpost proving nothing. As long as RSS has people on it on some days, you might as well make the claim that bhop was a success there. RSS doesnt have the population as GFL, also RSS cant even go full capacity on some days either. Heck I even fear the same shit that killed the css server is now killing the RSS server. The css sever also had a fuckton of bhop, and now its pretty dead most of the time. Heck none of these goalposts prove anything, it will just be easier to explain the effects.

On css, bhop fucking destroyed a good deal of casual maps. Thats because a good deal of casual maps didn't require much defending and usually lots of running. Because of this the pro bhoppers can doorhug all day long while it be left to the non-bhoppers to defend, because the lack of defending by map design made it so even if most of their team dies, they can still win the map. Triggers were also activated early making it even harder for those who can't bhop to catch up. In the end of it, the bhoppers ruled the map, while those who couldn't bhop took the shit end of the stick. Non-bhoppers got tired of dealing with that shit, so they stopped playing on those maps.

So what do you think happens when casual players dont want to play casual maps on a server? One could argue that they move onto harder maps, but those maps now required more leading than before with bhop implemented. The same retarded situation occurs where the non-bhoppers are usually the ones to get slaughtered first, but this time pro bhoppers cant win either because some defense are number based, requiring a certain number of players to hold. Bhop increase zombie power, but doesnt increase human defending power, and now the playerbase avoided a good deal of those maps too.

So what happens in the end? Most of the players began selectively choosing which sessions to go to. They stopped coming onto the server and playing naturally because they knew they were going to have a bad time without leading, whether it be on casual or tryhard maps. With the playerbase off the server most the time but waiting for a opportunity of a good get together, players congregating on the server occurred less and less often. One could argue that it be the pro-hoppers fault for not overdefending and covering for the weakness of the newer players, but that was more work for them, and so they clearly didn't do it. Then again a combination of decreased knockback, boosting nades, a weakened rebuy system added into it too.

What do ya expect, harder settings means more work. You asked for the mechanic, its your duty to do that extra work on a constant everyday basis. You don't want to do that extra work, you shouldn't expect anyone else to want to do it either. If things go to shit, you dont have the right to blame others, you have to first blame yourself for making more work in the first place.

1 hour ago, Malal said:

yes remove knockback brilliant idea

Never asked for this. Stop twisting shit up.

Posted  Edited by Black

1 hour ago, gkuo88 said:

Blah Blah Blah I'm an autistic sperg read my retarded essays about how I hate bhoping 👨‍🎓

I think you might be on to something to be honest

Edited by Black

Did you just disrespect me on this server? You dun fucked up faggot. Ill have you know that I am friends with 9 GFL Admins, 6 community managers, 27 server owners, 420 trial admins and 69 board of directors. You think you can just talk shit to me in game without having any sort of consequences or repercussions? You are sorely mistaken you chap fucking cunt. In just one private message, not only I will get you ban from all GFL servers, but I will get you ban from heaven, hell, purgatory, basically all of existence.  There won't be a cosmic plane alive that will accept your dumb mongoloid soft-serve ice cream bitch made looking ass. Prepare to have your spaghetti sliced up by a machete pal. Enjoy whatever fickle time you have left before an admin comes in and bombastically shitfucks you into oblivion for being an arrogant cum shitting cuck you are.  If you only you had an iota of fucking intelligence you would've known that tangling with someone with connections like mine would lead to your inevitable demise.

I'll see you on the forums kidd0.