k2nod

5 Year Membership Badge

I believe it would be a great idea to create a 5 Year Membership badge. This badge would be given to members who have been in GFL for at least 5 years. So members who have been in GFL since 2014. @Ralsei seemed to like this idea, let me know in the comments what you think.

Happy 8th birthday GFL !!!

(Private: k2nod) Russell Crowe: are you using hyperscrolll

Achievements

Hey, only problem I see with it is that our forums were re-set on 2016. Unless we do manual labor and try to find everyone who was member in 2014 I don't think it will work.

Maybe do one for after 2016?

76561198048327544.png

@Ash-'s opinion on gmod: 

4smalUvk.png
image.png.c3ced03940ca3f9bff0b8c6b1b425d4f.png

Just now, Korowa said:

What about older members

Well I think it's better to not make a badge for each year, 5 year is reasonable and in 2 years we could create a 10 year badge although probably only 2/3 person would have it lol.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Astro

I was 9 5 years ago this is not fair I am calling a recount see y’all in the Supreme Court

(idk could be cool but it’s not necessary)

Edited by Astro

VIOLATORSAIDSO.png

thanks @Violator

Seems reasonable but like others said previously.

It would be a hassle to find out if the players were on the old forum.

GFL Ranks

[Former] Manager for Purge/DarkRP.                 

[Former] Manager for AWP 24/7

[Former] Senior Badmin for the old Purge.

[Former] Senior Badmin for the new Purge.             

[Former] Senior Admin for Hightower. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort. 

[Former] Server Admin for 2Fort 2

[Former] Human Resources.  

[Bans] Old Purge - 400+

[Joined] 2012-2013.

Achievements

1Year.png.6adb0174c1cd14fb37accb8b1625c422.png2Year.png.2050607f5d033fe03029796427230ade.png3Year.png.d7171cd19f163db91077cd298911f86c.png4Year.png.6dc66c37471adbdf4bc57b62b47d3f63.png1822631143_5YearAlt.png.9ce4bd1acab5a8a14e6dda671c9f8489.png

I made these over two years ago and they have yet to be used. I think they are a good idea. All that would need to happen is the badge is automatically given to everyone based on their forum account age. Anyone who was a part of GFL beforehand with proof/a witness can request the correct badge be manually given to them. As an example, I would not have a badge on this account, so I would request a 4 years badge since I joined when the original Purge server came about in September 2014.

Discord_qoN8aT2ZDX.png.f28687352471a3aed92f034cf759e7d1.png

5 hours ago, eueuq said:

All that would need to happen is the badge is automatically given to everyone based on their forum account age.

I still think 1 badge for now would be enough because if there's one for each year just too many people would have badges. 

Achievements

The problem with the badge is that you don’t know if people played on servers and never joined forums. I played on the purge server before the new forums was even created. I just never bothered to join forums.

jitticus

15 hours ago, k2nod said:

I still think 1 badge for now would be enough because if there's one for each year just too many people would have badges. 

What is the threshold of "too many people with badges"? What is the issue with utilizing badges more and allowing more people to have them? I understand not wanting to dilute the awards section, but not the badge section.

9 hours ago, Syntax said:

@queue A black 'Veteran' badge would look imo, to be rewarded to anyone from pre-new forums era. I think that's a good start. Because giving badges manually would be hard and almost impossible. I think that would be a great start.

How would you give badges to pre-new forums users without giving them manually? Also, it would not be hard or impossible to do. It takes three seconds to give the badge and it would only be done on a requested basis (not going out of their way to find people who require the badge). While I like the idea, I would rather it be based on years in GFL since most of the community is from the pre-new forums era.

9 hours ago, TheJitFace said:

The problem with the badge is that you don’t know if people played on servers and never joined forums. I played on the purge server before the new forums was even created. I just never bothered to join forums.

It would depend on what criteria the Directors want. I personally think it should be based on whenever you made your first forum account (in your case, it would be whatever time you made your current account).

Discord_qoN8aT2ZDX.png.f28687352471a3aed92f034cf759e7d1.png

Because 5 years is a lot being in 1 community, and having 1 badge for each year makes it look less "prestigious". I don't know how to explain it haha but yeah.

Achievements