Cpt.Haxray

Flamethrower Changes

This title is clickbait, because i only wish for one change to be done to the flamethrower.

Please remove the speed decrease related to the flamethrower. The flamethrower already has a small hitbox on the actual flame, as well as making it harder to see, eating through ammo fast, and having a short range. The speed decrease you passively have while equipping the flamethrower effectively kills the weapon. It makes it nearly worthless against scps, and its already of questionable usage against normal players(due to its lack of range).

22 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

This title is clickbait

absolute mad lad

Since, of course, it's a flamethrower it needs you to be pasted right on top of your target, so removing the speed decrease would especially help the fireeaters.

I like the idea of this change, but I feel this won't be enough if you want to make flamethrowers really dangerous and force players to do something besides run straight at them you need to make them able to do a lot more potential damage. I've got two simple ideas and starting with my favorite is just increase its damage output. Now the reason I like this is cause I'm a fuckin flamethrower enthusiast but some others can see this as a bit overpowered at times, and I understand that. So for my second suggestion, you could simply give them an extra tank-worth of gas. Criticism and suggestions welcome 

1 hour ago, Mythrl said:

I like the idea of this change, but I feel this won't be enough if you want to make flamethrowers really dangerous and force players to do something besides run straight at them you need to make them able to do a lot more potential damage. I've got two simple ideas and starting with my favorite is just increase its damage output. Now the reason I like this is cause I'm a fuckin flamethrower enthusiast but some others can see this as a bit overpowered at times, and I understand that. So for my second suggestion, you could simply give them an extra tank-worth of gas. Criticism and suggestions welcome 

The flamethrowers damage output and ammo is fine. It chews through the few scps the person with the flamethower can actually outrun(610 and 610-b, basically). The speed is the real issue.

Yeah but with no way to refuel, you really can only take on 2 scp's which them being only 610 they wouldve died on their own anyway. Im more concerned about taking too long to kill a specific scp to where it's been 2 minutes and another shows up

1 hour ago, Mythrl said:

Yeah but with no way to refuel, you really can only take on 2 scp's which them being only 610 they wouldve died on their own anyway. Im more concerned about taking too long to kill a specific scp to where it's been 2 minutes and another shows up

A. Flamethrowers use rifle ammo. I know that makes no sense, but they do, so yes, they can infact 'refill'.

B. They get a LOT of ammo, to be fair.