strawberry crab

How to prevent camping (John Morse Suggestion)

Is this a good Idea?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like camping? Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes this a great idea and I only like camping when I do it!!!
    • No this a terrible Idea strawberry you already did this joke in a different suggestion

Posted  Edited by strawberry crab

Oh no! NTF/TRO/MTF is camping yet again! 689 or 1471 hasn't hasn't spawned in and you don't have a tank like 682, 106 or 610 To plow through that horde infont of you. If only there was a ranged scp unknowingly working with the mtf that could attempt legal mass rdm and save the admins a breath.

52267977_campingmtf.png.2503248630a66a7ea3e5c4537bc3cbc3.png.119e79993350da2e8eff36fc7279a6c6.png

Side note: Before this Suggestions gets buried under more suggestions for more cat scps Im just gonna post this idea here. Looking at this table here you probably know where this suggestion is gonna go. 
1646563625_ScreenShot2019-02-01at5_13_13PM.png.c681aa80aab01a02c2a66774d57957ab.png

Don't Worry There is a solution enter John Morse. 

That's right. John Morse is a double agent associated with serpent's hand. Unlike 939's disguise Morse's will be much harder to detect being able to blend in like a CI. With 035 being on the D boi team now. John Morse would be a great replacement for 035 that will either be a great asset to the scps being able to open both gates and doors or a large liability as killing him counts as an scp kill. The stats, pros and cons for this new class are listed below.

YOU ARE

TACTICAL RESPONSE OFFICER

You are [John Morse][SH agent] your goal is to help the SCPs escape and expose these anomalous objects to the public. Don't Let TRO know your undercover as you're either a great asset or liability to the scps.  

Stats: 

Health: 100

Inventory:  1 (stunstick) 2 (First Aid Kit) (O5, Facility Manager or Zone Manager keycard) not sure if it would considered unfair if given 05 4 (UMP-45 with 90 smg bullets in reserve for 90 or 120) tmp's lesser cousin 

Pros: 

Acts as a CI for SCPs

Would Be a great Idea to discourage camping and AFK

Can Open doors and possibly gates for SCPs

15% resistance to bullets

Cons: 

Takes up an SCP slot (possibly)

Is an Easy Kill for MTF or D class

Cant remove vest (moves at 85%) or pickup additional ammo like SH
Has no flashlight (possibly)

Note:

5% spawn chance to spawn in mtf spawn (no more than 1) 

Can't spawn if CI spy has spawned during the match. Inside the TRO spawn room. (possibly)

Does not spawn with SLAMs

possible regeneration +2 hp per second (if not John Morse)(Just SH agent)

limited ammo to prevent possible early lcz invasion

This suggestion is inspired by one of @Duc2000 s suggestions

Edited by strawberry crab

space.png

There is a massive issue with your suggestion, in that it is literally just CI spy except its on the SCP team(and stronger for some reason...).

Using your chart, there is issues with your comparisons as well.

-Maynard and 939 dont just infiltrate researchers, but mtf and ci as a whole. Plus they both do it in dramatically different ways. This is just a CI spy whos on the SCP team

-Serpent hands were added originally so 079 could have a way to escape. They were added as a normal spawn due to popular request and remained after 079 was removed. Its goal wasnt to give a scp team spawn and infact feels almost pointless or unfair at times as they have no point to exist except to shoot people.

Also, this worries me that it could be incredibly overpowered, as it would be incredibly easy for said spy to just sit back and do nothing except shoot d-class(if needed) and simply open gate-b for the other scps. The other guards would have no way of figuring out hes a SH spy.

3 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

There is a massive issue with your suggestion, in that it is literally just CI spy except its on the SCP team(and stronger for some reason...).

Using your chart, there is issues with your comparisons as well.

-Maynard and 939 dont just infiltrate researchers, but mtf and ci as a whole. Plus they both do it in dramatically different ways. This is just a CI spy whos on the SCP team

-Serpent hands were added originally so 079 could have a way to escape. They were added as a normal spawn due to popular request and remained after 079 was removed. Its goal wasnt to give a scp team spawn and infact feels almost pointless or unfair at times as they have no point to exist except to shoot people.

Also, this worries me that it could be incredibly overpowered, as it would be incredibly easy for said spy to just sit back and do nothing except shoot d-class(if needed) and simply open gate-b for the other scps. The other guards would have no way of figuring out hes a SH spy.

@Cpt.Haxray for the most part you'd be right in that its a ci for the scps. As for the being OP part that's why I opened it up both a level 3 to level 5 keycard I honestly don't expect for John Morse to spawn with an O5. I don't see issue with it being a ci for sh though. As for the shooting d class your not going to make a whole lot of progress with just a ump and 90 bullets tbh. morse is really suppose to be more of an expandable tool and a double edge sword

space.png

I'm mostly fine with it besides the bullet resistance, as I feel he should be a glass cannon SCP. As well as a good replacement for this upside could be that he regenerates hp, which could also be a way to find him out. Though I will acknowledge this could lead to "SCP checking" amongst MTF if someone is suspected to be one. However, this is unlikely as he only spawns 5% of the time, and would obviously be counted as RDM (and potentially treated much more seriously)

• Cassie locked and unlocked this topic
3 hours ago, Mythrl said:

I'm mostly fine with it besides the bullet resistance, as I feel he should be a glass cannon SCP. As well as a good replacement for this upside could be that he regenerates hp, which could also be a way to find him out. Though I will acknowledge this could lead to "SCP checking" amongst MTF if someone is suspected to be one. However, this is unlikely as he only spawns 5% of the time, and would obviously be counted as RDM (and potentially treated much more seriously)

to answer your concerns @Mythrl bullet resistance is because of the vest that all mtf carry it prevent 15% bullet resistance at 85% of speed. bullet resistance is not stacked. As for counting it as "rdm" it would be considered John Morse or SH agent in the logs thusly it wouldn't be rdm.

space.png

Yes but as you not knowing that person was John Moore it would be considered RDM using the same principles from TTT. Also thank you for clearing up the resistance

8 minutes ago, Mythrl said:

Yes but as you not knowing that person was John Moore it would be considered RDM using the same principles from TTT. Also thank you for clearing up the resistance

@Mythrl well if we are using the TTT principles then wouldn't death of a researcher/mtf by CI be considered rdm in the same sense just applied to a different team?

space.png

@Mythrl

I see what your saying and I can see the point of view your coming from though tbh now upon a reflecting upon it would just be better if 035 could work with both d class and scps like he originally did that would solve the issue of key carriers for scps tbh.

space.png

That would mostly just end up in 035 tricking D class and having the SCP's kill them. Id just give 682 heavy gate damage, around 3x normal as a mini buff as well as a way to help SCP's escape

@Mythrl

well 106, 610-B and 457 spread through 25,000 hp in just a minute I'm not sure making bringing it down to say 30-45 seconds with 682 by giving it x3 normal damage for gates is going to make much of difference. Not only in single time but also in terms of coincidence.

space.png

A lot of the time the SCP's dont work together on gates. When they do it's very rare. Giving this to 682 allows him to be an asset to the team by going to say Gate A or B, taking it down by himself, then going back to assist his fellow SCP's

43 minutes ago, Mythrl said:

A lot of the time the SCP's dont work together on gates. When they do it's very rare. Giving this to 682 allows him to be an asset to the team by going to say Gate A or B, taking it down by himself, then going back to assist his fellow SCP's

@Mythrl That could work just not really sure in terms of efficiency vs. a keycard

space.png

I like the idea of SCP's being more of a brute force role over an item searching role. It's a lot better if you know you'll be able to take the gate down instead of hoping you come across a keycard

20 minutes ago, Mythrl said:

I like the idea of SCP's being more of a brute force role over an item searching role. It's a lot better if you know you'll be able to take the gate down instead of hoping you come across a keycard

@Mythrl yeah that's why both exist brutes, tanks, and supports like 106, 173, 682 and 610 exist for the purpose of being bullet sponges where as 017, 049 and 689 are brutes rather  than tanks. with supports like 457 and 035 helping along that's why there's both brutes and supports rather than just one one type.

space.png