The1337Gh0st

SCP-1471 Rework

Posted  Edited by The1337Gh0st - Edit Reason: Feedback.

As it currently stands, SCP-1471 is considered to be among the weakest SCPs you can play as.
It has a decent attack and the ability to teleport to people infected by it, though it is limited by its walk speed and random teleport target.

How can it be improved?

All of SCP-1471's abilities share the same cooldown bar. Different abilities give it different cooldown periods. Cooldown must be at 0 to use abilities.

Press the reload key on an infected target that you are looking at to teleport to them. Gives a cooldown of 25 seconds. Can select a target from any distance.

Right click on a nearby target to only be visible to them and vice versa for 10 seconds. Gives speed boost for 5 seconds, stun for 1.25 seconds, and a cooldown of 35 seconds. 

Use suit zoom to open a GUI organized similarly to the MTF suit zoom menu that allows you to select an infected target to teleport to. Gives a 45 seconds cooldown.
On teleport:

• 0.75 seconds of stun.
  •  3 second speed boost.
  •  You can only see your target and vice versa for 5 seconds

Ability to break glass and damage gates.

Damage reduction to 25 per hit.

Display of the number of infected people and the cooldown bar would be kept. 

Overall, I would say this is a good suggestion since it gives SCP-1471 a better utility in teleportation and mobility so it can keep up with its targets.

Edited by The1337Gh0st
Feedback.

Achievements

This is great, but i feel like its HP could serve to be reduced, or its damage. Currently theres a bug where sometimes latency disables the stun period and it leads to scp-1471 mass murdering people before they can even react. 

19 minutes ago, The1337Gh0st said:

@Cpt.Haxray would it still work if it were frozen in place like SCP-689?

Thats how scp-1471's stun works, or is supposed to work from what i recall. If its not... then... yeah a 689 stun would work... but would also probably render it horrifically underpowered still.

SCP-1471 is one of those SCPs, so a rework, maybe a buff, is well expected in the future probably.

You know the shared cooldown bar is almost reminding me of gameplay as SCP-079 in SCPSL, just a small thought. It seems, u n i q u e . This wouldn't leave much of a negative impact on gameplay anyways.

The ability to manually teleport to yor victims is definitely the type of playstyle SCP-1471 deserved. Instead of being put in some shitty situation, whether you have a shotgun pointing at you or you literally TP'd to the pocket dimension, you can strategize on attacking your victims, coordinating attacks efficiently with any other SCPs too.

That's all just big fancy words for MANUAL TELEPORTATION GOOD.

3 hours ago, The1337Gh0st said:

Right click on a nearby target to only be visible to them and vice versa for 10 seconds. Gives speed boost for 5 seconds, stun for 1.25 seconds, and a cooldown of 35 seconds. 

Is it 10 seconds or 35 seconds tho, or are both the cooldowns two seperate things

2 minutes ago, The1337Gh0st said:

@Doomnack You are only visible to your target for 10 seconds along with the other effects, and using this gives a cooldown of 35 seconds.

Ah ok. If it's a change to 1471 I don't see why not now. +1