Quint

Old Times

Since the regulars are mostly returning, I thought everybody would want to share their favorite memories of OG Purge. Those were some good times. Among my personal favorites:

1.) During Purge, when three guys and I decided to infiltrate and murder the Mayor. It was like the raid on the compound in Zero Dark Thirty, perfectly done and executed nicely. Best part was as we left, the guy playing as the Mayor (now a civilian) was waiting for us at our base applauding us for a job well done.

2.) When a glitch caused me to, unexpectedly, become immortal from gunfire. The Admins tried to figure out how to fix it but couldn't, so they suggested I log out and log back in. Instead, I had fun with it. I switched my job title to God and as Mayor, made some pretty insane Commandments instead of Laws (Thou Shalt Not Be Salty). It created sort of a Crusade where some people were loyal to me, others decided I was a False Prophet and the rest thinking it was really stupid (in hindsight, it really was). Finally somebody succeeded in actually killing me, the glitch wore off and everything returned to normal.

3.) I went UC with a guy I suspected of having drugs. He welcomed me in and it took a while for us to get acquainted. Eventually, I got word from the Mayor that the PD was raiding. When it happened, the guy got upset and in the jail, demanded to know how they got a warrant. I walked in just at that moment, and he was so thrown off by it, he could only get out "You bastard..." and rage quit.

4.) Lastly, Naggeg and I worked together on a lot of stuff but the best thing we worked together on was in a warehouse where we set up oil and drugs everywhere, and invited two other guys to join us. A SWAT guy parked his SWAT van outside and went into a building to talk to somebody. I was watching and realized the opportunity that presented itself. I ran out, adverted "Carjack" as I broke into the van, got in and drove it into our warehouse. We held it for ransom and got paid very nicely for it. It was there that we realized we had a new moneymaking scheme. It was such a fruitful day, that we took pictures to celebrate. It was kind of bittersweet since Purge reset and shut down not long after, but was an excellent demonstration of where it can work.

• Like 4

1) When I used to base with my buddies Jarm, Gamer4life, Noobinator, and some other older players.

2) (Not that OG) but when Mary, Clit Puncher, Salad, GLiTCh and a few others started a school.

3) When I divorced RumpleForeskin and REv

4) Probably getting banned by the one and only Violater (miss you dad) even though I called the sit. So Zebra had to unban me. :whatareyou:

Edited by DaLaw
  • Haha 1

Achievements

1 hour ago, DaLaw said:

2) (Not that OG) but when Mary, Clit Puncher, Salad, and a few others started a school.

Ouch, not even mentioned :( 

Just now, DaLaw said:

BBY I COULDNT REMEMBER IF YOU WERE THERE

I was always there, in your heart ❤️ #fullhomo?

I remember when me and @weeaboo41 (AKA GHOST THE GAMER) would do stupid shit all the time.

1.) We had started a gunshop and I was the gun dealer and he was a thief. So when my customer would buy my gun he would kidnap them and kill them. (Obviously breaking the rules but who cares) 

2.) I remember ghost played female Brazilian genital waxing in the movie theater and framed @DaLaw for it. That was fucking hilarious. (Sorry dalaw ;-;) 

3.) Me and my close friend @OmniVortex would build huge weed and oil bases in the warehouses and while grinding he would build crazy shit. He built a ventilation shaft escape room with an elevator in the warehouse. 

That's just the memories I can recall, there are a shit ton of events that have happened in purge. I am hoping with the re-release and within beta, I can make more memories. 

40 minutes ago, TheJitFace said:

3.) Me and my close friend @OmniVortex would build huge weed and oil bases in the warehouses and while grinding he would build crazy shit. He built a ventilation shaft escape room with an elevator in the warehouse. 

Man, that had to be awesome.

F339FE195D0949B68FA315F3F628E347088352BF

If you don't remember this than you were never a real player.

@Zebra @GLiTCh 

Just going to drop this here: 

20160515031240_1.thumb.jpg.450923ee26f96aa4e0fe61befce51229.jpg1217.thumb.PNG.4412ca3d1a755ac38106826f0e263b5e.PNG

I'll post more if I can find them.

Edit: I found one more. So, @Lunar made this thing that would paint whatever the camera is looking at. Thus, he painted the fountain.

20170415172257_1.thumb.jpg.a571f0931fbfa6fa9606aaa690007b7e.jpg

Edit 2: I found the motherload :)

307676C958A1555F58F02E00068C235085A179A7

44769835AB07B31340DD6DA7DBA73DF7AD309DB3

23C7C323DEFD8E9303344CF80FDE98F77E24793D

32A38D75E30558D6D9A3E9CEAE18E0614CFFBD49

4854E0EE7B8B7769CA69EC39FCC99BCE97AB98A7

0DB048E3C6041F600D6DA3B3E5966677467F3D44

07768CAD3AA039D4EDD7D60F6C7BB40A59AF9589

AC5364C579975925F2A77EEBDBA07F0E49D21005

There are many more. Going to just stop here though :) 

Okay find just one more:

B81352BFFA9E04A8DFE2A45FAEF416EA55F7258A

Edited by Skittlez
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Jesus Skittlez...that's pretty major.

One with me and a younger player I was showing the ropes to. I showed him how to raid while a friend was out of his base. I adverted raid and instructed him to do the same. He did, and we went into my friend's base. My friend said "Stay safe during the raid, guys!" I said "Thanks" and we collected his stuff, me telling him what to do during a Raid and such, him following my example. We destroyed his oil, drugs and such and EVAC'd adverting Raid Over. As we went down the street and turned a corner, my friend saw us and said "Good, you guys made it." He went down the street into his base and his words were (and I quote) "You know Quint, it's nice that you help players ou...WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY BASE!? WHO....QUINT, WHY!?" I cracked up and returned back to his base, returning his stuff and apologizing. My friend was torn between angry and laughing, going "You couldn't do this to somebody else's base?! What's wrong with Koss's base!?"

• Haha 1

My only favorite old time on purge would have to be when @Newpro and I would mic spam non-stop while a former super-admin (forgot his name, he was one of those former senior admins that was from the DarkRP reign) watching us like a bunch of retards; while listening on @BeatBoxBattleMe and someone talking about blowjobs in the background (though they were also playing purge). Pretty much we just sit in spawn and cause cancer and that cancer develop more cancer which got everyone to start mic spamming. Erm.. that's about it for me. I mean I do have other memories of Purge but most of my enjoyable moments were during Cypher/Floopy's reign. 

Edited by Bae

Achievements

@Skittlez love it how you find one of me permabanning someone, love the good old times. Got so many pictures on my steam profile saved from that server.

Pretty spot on with the OG's returning ;)

If we want to talk about favorite times man there is a lot. However, there was this one moment I will never forget. It was Christmas day in 2015, and Purge was around for a bit or it might have been Darkrp at that point. Anyways, there was this clown laughing in the background and everyone could hear it. Then grenades would be spawned and kill everyone. After that, they kept targeting all the admins and players close to admins. After doing a huge ass investigation in TS talking about who the hacker could be and ect we finally figured it out after like 3 hours. That infamous shitshow became known as the "X-Mas" hacker. I'll never forget that. 

Edited by BeatBoxBattleMe
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1

I think the best moment I had on the server was probably when I built a mega base. It used to be on the forums, and I'm sure there are pictures somewhere around here. (Lost the pictures because my laptop I played on broke down). later, me, Quint, Naggeg, and some other guy all paired up inside the base. There had to be at least 10-20 shipments of guns, and a lot of oil. Sadly, this was one of the last times I was on the server, as it shut down about a month - two months later.

• Winner 1

On 2/5/2019 at 4:42 PM, DaLaw said:

1) When I used to base with my buddies Jarm, Gamer4life, Noobinator, and some other older players.

2) (Not that OG) but when Mary, Clit Puncher, Salad, GLiTCh and a few others started a school.

On 2/5/2019 at 5:58 PM, GLiTCh said:

Ouch, not even mentioned :( 

Seems like I am now the official ghost of GFL Purge past... :(

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Chopchop2818 said:

I think the best moment I had on the server was probably when I built a mega base. It used to be on the forums, and I'm sure there are pictures somewhere around here. (Lost the pictures because my laptop I played on broke down). later, me, Quint, Naggeg, and some other guy all paired up inside the base. There had to be at least 10-20 shipments of guns, and a lot of oil. Sadly, this was one of the last times I was on the server, as it shut down about a month - two months later.

It was so awesome. We had that car ring and racked up a ton of cash.

Edited by Quint

HOBO KING BEST KING

best shit I've done in years on that server

• Like 1

Three excellent ones I just remembered.

1.) Once me and a guy were building a base as Purge started, with most of the action directed towards the PD. A PD raid started and we realized with the PD busy being attacked, Purgers wouldn't notice if we raided the bank. We headed over there and got fortified, began robbing it. We waited the time, which was as long as Purge was and to our surprise, nobody stopped us. We got away Scott free with it. We couldn't believe how lucky we were, but it happened.

2.) A Mob Boss was organizing people and asked me to change into a Mob Soldier. I did and went to the Mob Base. In the lower level, he had armor and several weapons spread out. He explained to us that we were going to raid a base in the suburbs he suspected had lots of oil and drugs, which would make an excellent payday. He authorized two of us to provide cover fire, including me; one hacks the base while he and two others move in to take out anybody in there. We suited up, got our weapons and moved out in two vans. We pulled up and it was very quiet, interestingly enough. We adverted Raid and took our positions. Without warning, out of the house next to us, the PD swarmed out and began arresting us all, shooting others. The whole raid was a sting, a bust. I was arrested and I think the only one that survived. To this day, I have no idea how they knew we were coming but if I had to guess, somebody on the inside tipped them off.

3.) This one involved Naggeg and was probably the boldest thing I have ever done in a RP setting. Nag and I took up residence in a warehouse behind the PD (in the district that had three warehouses, one with a large open space in the back through a small hallway). We brought in another player, I forgot his name but he had become a regular. Eventually the other guy pointed out that the base near the fountain (with the hidden room) was better for us since we could spread out more evenly and put up a better defense. We agreed but reckoned that with all of our oil and drugs, it would be almost impossible to move the stuff out. At the same time, an older player (who I don't remember) knocked on the door asking if he could join us. We told him what we were doing and the risks involved, so he suggested we move it using pick-ups. We agreed and moved in three of them, including my Buick. We loaded up the oil drums in the loading bay's of the trucks and guns in my trunk. Then, once we were sure  we were ready, we gave the green light and moved extremely carefully knowing anybody (including the PD out on patrol) could see us. We moved very carefully and quietly, so carefully we never went over 5 mph. Fortunately we made it without incident and as soon as we stopped in front of the base, we moved everything in, buying all the doors and everything we could. There was a brief panic when I got locked out carrying an oil drum and a new player saw me. Nag opened the door, I ran in and he slammed it shut, locking it. Other than that, to our utter amazement, we did it. We pulled it off right under everybody's noses. We got right to work right there, all four of us and knew we couldn't tell anybody. I just remembered it last night eating dinner thinking of things to post.

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.