TheLegeend27

Underrated Movies.

Just giving one: Source Code (2011) starring Jake Gyllenhall. I hadn’t watched this movie until recently, and was surprised by how good it was. Excellent acting, plot, filmography, interesting concepts, emotional scenes. Made me tear up a bit.

Steven Spielberg's War Of The Worlds is the Patron Saint (for me) of underrated movies. The son surviving is a cop-out but other than that, it's probably the best modern day alien invasion film in that it takes the opposite approach that Independence Day took; instead of bringing people together, it's every man for himself and takes a very cynical look at human nature. The suspense is still pretty palpable, the vfx hold up well and the performances are across the board are pretty great (yes, including Dakota Fanning). Not perfect by any means, but a still very tense, bleak and genuinely disturbing ride.

2 hours ago, Quint said:

Steven Spielberg's War Of The Worlds is the Patron Saint (for me) of underrated movies. The son surviving is a cop-out but other than that, it's probably the best modern day alien invasion film in that it takes the opposite approach that Independence Day took; instead of bringing people together, it's every man for himself and takes a very cynical look at human nature. The suspense is still pretty palpable, the vfx hold up well and the performances are across the board are pretty great (yes, including Dakota Fanning). Not perfect by any means, but a still very tense, bleak and genuinely disturbing ride.

I love Tom Cruise movies.