Roy

GFL's Great Accomplishments

Just now, SwegBuster said:

I just want to mention GFL's CS:GO Zombie escape server has been in the #1 spot for at least a 11 months if not more. That is a major accomplishment.

That is another big accomplishment. Sadly, there was no way to prove it since GameTracker images don't go over one month. That said, I honestly think we have been #1 for more than a year straight.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, SwegBuster said:

CS:GO EU ZM has reached under the 300th rank on gametracker more than once.

Trust me, it is a lot of work to do to even get to the 300th spot.

I do consider that an accomplishment considering how difficult it is to populate a CS:GO server now-a-days. Especially when you have a majority of the servers with high traffic using banned plugins, server browser being broken, and generally low support by Valve (e.g. community servers doesn't receive XP, even servers running default maps).

Thanks.

Hidden

I think it's a great idea to document accomplishments.  Nice!

What would make this thread even better and more effective is annotating them ie. who was the Server Manager/DL and any significant events that may have contributed to this success; this way - if we may ever need to - we can refer back and see what mechanisms led to our achievement and how we might be able to repeat or even beat yesterday's numbers.  It might be too late to do this now for past achievements, but we can at least begin this for future achievements.

I also feel it would give current and future leaders something to strive for should they be lagging a little... getting your name on that Hall of Fame or understanding your own performance relative to others.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Hidden

If FFA DM end up getting at great start, there's a big possibly that it may reach to more ranks. 

Yeah, these stuff have big achievements and I hope we get more on the way in future. 

76561198043643390.png

43 minutes ago, Joshy said:

I think it's a great idea to document accomplishments.  Nice!

What would make this thread even better and more effective is annotating them ie. who was the Server Manager/DL and any significant events that may have contributed to this success; this way - if we may ever need to - we can refer back and see what mechanisms led to our achievement and how we might be able to repeat or even beat yesterday's numbers.  It might be too late to do this now for past achievements, but we can at least begin this for future achievements.

I also feel it would give current and future leaders something to strive for should they be lagging a little... getting your name on that Hall of Fame or understanding your own performance relative to others.

I would love to credit players, but sadly, I don't remember how some of the servers populated. Servers like BF3, RO2, Chivalry: MW, etc are due to luck and hosting a high-performance server.

I really like the HoF idea. However, this would be dedicated to true Hall of Fame players .

P.S. I added more images of accomplishments!

Thanks.

Hidden
58 minutes ago, denros said:

e1ef50b8d9602ee2f65e8940444a7fe1.png

That an accomplishment for a new server.

Denros has done an amazing job on jb and im having a lot of fun managing it. Its a great accomplishment! lets make it full all the time :klappa:

Image result for roo emotes

Achievements

Hidden

Speaking of accomplishments.

ZS has been getting a lot more people these last 2 days. If it keeps it up then we might see a large increase in its base population. It's currently rank 229. Let's see if it increases. 

"Be good people"

Hidden

Are you sure those images with Orange X3 and their dates are correct? I've been here since last February and not once since then has Orange X3 been at that many players. Are you sure you don't mean 2014?

11f4263ab6c30a3489f8db3145340861.png

So everyone is listing their former stuff so I'll just be cool and list mine :3

Former @HackingPotato's White Knight and Boss Former Director Former TF2 Division Leader Former Community Advisor Former TF2 Technical Administrator Former TF2 Server Manager Former TF2 Trial Manager Former TF2 Admin Former TF2 Revivalist Former TF2 Player Former TF2 God Former Media Leaderish Former somewhat Media team person Former VIP Former Supporter Former Member Former TF2 Player Former Player

So after looking at this thread again, I realized I didn't have any TF2 accomplishments listed. For those that don't know, we had a very successful TF2 division in the past back in 2011 - 2013. In fact, my second set of servers that I got in GFL included TF2 Orange X3, Mario Kart, and TF2Ware. These servers were all very populated. We also had a very successful Dustbowl and Balloon Race server later on. Our Dustbowl server reached 10th on GameTracker before Valve destroyed the game for community servers.

I believe I have a screenshot of Dustbowl reaching 10th on GameTracker somewhere on my computer, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I will dig deeper soon. Anyways, I found two screenshots. One of Balloon Race being on the top of the GameTracker list when sorted by players and the other showing Orange X3 reaching 8th in the world! Like I said, we had other servers such as Dustbowl, Mario Kart, and TF2Ware that got into the <50 GameTracker rank range and filled up for most of the day.

I do miss this division and I even put another Dustbowl server up behind-the-scenes and tried idling on it to see if it would get anyone. Unfortunately, Valve ruined this game for community servers back in 2013 which resulted in most of our servers slowly dying (though, our Dustbowl server immediately suffered since we relied on QuickPlay).

P.S. I also found a screenshot of our Killing Floor 1 server that was very successful for a few months back in the Summer of 2013.

EDIT

Not a GameTracker screenshot, but here's a screenshot showing our TF2 Orange X3, Dustbowl, Mario Kart, and TF2Ware servers doing well in HLSW:

2138812143d3c0.png

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Joshy said:

It's nice to reminisce on old accomplishments; it's more nice to make some new ones.

Agreed. Though, I'm only listing the older accomplishments in this thread.

We have made some more recent accomplishments including expansions into Call of Duty 4 and Battlefield 4 + servers in some other games (e.g. Garry's Mod Breach).

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
Hidden

Great Accomplishments you say? GFL Breach Server prank calling the same pizza place. That's a great accomplishment right there. I don't got proof, but I watched it unfold.

Number 15. Infinity War Spoilers. The last thing you want is Infinity War Spoilers, but that's what you might get.

• Joshy locked and unpinned this topic