Hunting4r2d2

A Rather Extensive List of Concepts and Ideas for SCP-079

Would you like to see these implemented into SCP-079?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see these implemented into SCP-079?

• Yes
    • No

Posted  Edited by Hunting4r2d2 - Edit Reason: Removed the Gate Lockdown ability

Welp, it is happening. SCP-079 is finally making his grand return to Breach, and because he was my favorite SCP to play as, I decided to come up with an extensive list of abilities and traps for him to utilize. Some of these ideas were influenced or suggested by other members, and as a result, will be credited for them. It should also be mentioned that this list will be rather extensive and I am not expecting most (if any) of these to be implemented. This intended to post containing potential abilities for SCP-079 that Ralsei can choose from, based on which ones will be most beneficial for Breach. Without further due, let's get into this suggestion:

Scanners

City_Scanner_model.jpg.6d49352f7ddf13cef81fde1523c3d7cc.jpg

Description: Simply put, this trap allows SCP-079 to spawn in city scanners (from Half-Life 2) throughout the facility, similar to how he spawns in manhacks. While they are incapable of causing any direct damage, they can briefly blind players, making them an excellent method for SCP-079 to support his fellow SCPs (which is his primary role anyway).

Initial Activation: Start of round

Ceiling Turrets

Ceiling_turret.jpg.43fcb6a1480c4e16f2f343af3e558066.jpg

Description: The stronger brother of the regular turret, ceiling turrets will only be able to be spawned in SCP-079's chamber. They are intended the provide a more effective form of defense that SCP-079 so desperately needs. Should have a 90-second cooldown.

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1413141091&searchtext=combine+turret

Hopper Mines

Hopper1.jpg.925814793593f988530cdbb28350af80.jpg

Description: Deadly and jumpy explosives, hoppers could serve as another offensive trap in SCP-079's arsenal. SCP-079 would be able to spawn these in throughout the facility.

Initial Activation: Depends on location

SCP-1162

Description: SCP-079 should be allowed to open the door to SCP-1162 to allow other SCPs to attack any Class-Ds or researchers hiding there as well as free any SCPs that may have gotten trapped in that room.

Credit: Maximino007

Spawning in SCP-681 and SCP-966

Description: SCP-079 will be able to choose a weaker SCP-681 and SCP-966 in place of SCP-939. Both SCP-681 and SCP-966 have multiple instances just like SCP-939, so it will not be out of place to have more than one of them in the same round. Keep in mind that SCP-079 will still be able to spawn in only one SCP per each round, he now just has a choice on which one.

Initial Activation: Same as before

Credit: Someone else, I just can not remember who

Scp-008 Gas

Description: SCP-079 will be able to dispel SCP-008 as a green gas somewhere in the facility. Anyone who touches this gas will be transformed into an instance of SCP-008. SCP-008 will function the same as SCP-049-2, except it will only have 250 hp, but a faster movement speed. This trap should only exist in one location and be able to be used once per each round.

Initial Activation: 8:00

SCP-019

Description: SCP-019 is an ancient pot that spawns somewhere within HCZ. Through this pot, SCP-079 will be able to spawn in instances of SCP-019-2, which only have 50 hp but move at a quick speed (around SCP-076-2's speed) and would use a modified version of the fast headcrab swep from Zombie Survival gamemode. The pot itself will have 1250 HP, and can be destroyed to prevent any more instances of SCP-019-2 from spawning; however SCP-079, will be able to guard it with a gas trap.

Initial Activation: At the 10:00-minute marker

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=491054640&searchtext=Pot (Pot prop could be used for SCP-019)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105462463&searchtext=Zombie+Survival (Model and Weapon for SCP-019-2)

Credit: Cpt.Haxray and Boomer

Closing Doors

Description: SCP-079 would be able to close some of the open doors to help his fellow SCPs catch up to fleeing player, or shield them from gunfire.

Initial Activation: At the start of the round

(Note: I did not include cooldowns for most of these since that will depend on the location of many of these traps.)

Edited by Hunting4r2d2
Removed the Gate Lockdown ability

Posted  Edited by Doomnack

Some of the stuff here are kinda' meh, but I really like the use of hl2 elements at the disposal of SCP-079. Though, I think city scanners have a weird navigational system, and will likely act as dumb as manhacks do usually.

The hoppers are definitely a yes, due to their challenge in crossing them without the gravity gun. Ceiling turrets are very effective due to immensely high DPS, which would probably encourage the player to take cover when confronting SCP-079.

1162's mechanic goes under door control, which is essential to making 079 a full-on support SCP.

Gate control might be unnecessary, since normally when you spend enough effort to get an O5 and a gun you would not want to delay the immediate combat between you and 079. Sure, it protects 079, but it expires it 30 seconds anyways and does nothing but slow the fast-packed gameplay breach is designed for, which is why we have 12 minutes and SCPSL rounds go on for quite long.

If you meant the gate control to be a preparation time for an attack, you should just make an alert thing for 079 that his cell is being breached.

I don't think 079 should control 019, just seems weird. And the ability to spawn in 966 is definitely a no. Though right now it seems that nobody can really decide if 681 is op or not, I think it would do fine as a 079 spawn. the SCP-008 gas trap seems fine, though slightly improper because SCP-008 is known for its infectious nature.

Overall, not bad. +1

Edited by Doomnack

I like the idea of SCP-079 being able to defend itself more since people can easily kill 079 since the manhacks can be easily destroyed and the roller mines are slightly annoying but they don't do too much to protect SCP-079. But I personally think SCP-079 should definitely be able to have some sort of trap inside that room with the windows beside SCP-079's chamber. Maybe those ceiling turrents?

+1 

love it! quick little ediT: i think giving 079 control over the ceiling turret would give him his needed attack method. also. +1

7 hours ago, Supreme leader 049 said:
8 hours ago, Doomnack said:

the SCP-008 gas trap seems fine, though slightly improper because SCP-008 is known for its infectious nature.

This would be a good way to extend 079's arsenal, if he ever returns... anyways +1

Ralsei already confirmed that SCP-079 is currently in the works.

Some of the stuff here are kinda' meh, but I really like the use of hl2 elements at the disposal of SCP-079. Though, I think city scanners have a weird navigational system, and will likely act as dumb as manhacks do usually.

I think they will suffer from these same navigational issues as well; however, they will not be hindered as much due to their flash mechanic being ranged.

Gate control might be unnecessary, since normally when you spend enough effort to get an O5 and a gun you would not want to delay the immediate combat between you and 079. Sure, it protects 079, but it expires it 30 seconds anyways and does nothing but slow the fast-packed gameplay breach is designed for, which is why we have 12 minutes and SCPSL rounds go on for quite long.

After reading what you said, I agree. I will edit the old suggestion.

the SCP-008 gas trap seems fine, though slightly improper because SCP-008 is known for its infectious nature.

Unfortunately, there is really no way to implement SCP-008's infectious capabilities effectively. There used to be an SCP-008 special round, but uh... well there were a lot of bugs involved. Both SCP-008 and SCP-019 were intended as a method for SCP-079 to provide support through less powerful SCPs.

Anyways, the feedback is appreciated as always.