Vanya

Event #117 -- "Made in China" Map Combo

Event Overview:

Hello everyone!

For this week we're taking a trip to the far lands of Asia, as we play maps that have been created by Asian mappers, all of these have a thing in common, and that's the REAL hard difficulty that comes with all these, so this will be a hard event that's sure to keep us on the edge of our seats.

For this event we'll be playing:

• ze_otakuroom_v5_6fs
  • ze_evernight_a3_4_css2
  • ze_S_A_M_v1_3_css
  • ze_FFXIV_Wanderers_Palace_v5_2f

Time for the event:

• Saturday February 23rd 11pm GMT-0
To check at which time the event is for you, check this website to give you an idea.
Eventually the times will be posted in our Steam group for your convenience so make sure to join it so you can see the exact time at which it starts for you!
Special Kickers:
  • Otakuroom will be played with pF settings and 900 ammo, if this proves too little we'll boost it up to 2000.
VIP Rewards:
  • Winning 3 out of 4 maps will give you a week of V.I.P.!
Duration of the event:
  • Otakuroom will be played for an hour at max
  • Every other map will be played for maximum two hours
Rules:
  • Tryhard will be enforced for this event, hold onto your seats until event is done.
  • Regular server rules will apply for this event as usual
  • Sitting in spec unless you're a spectating admin is not allowed.
Leaders:
  • Anyone is free to lead
See you on the weekend!
:nepsmug:

NOTE:

We have the winners for the last three events.

Sadly (or fortunately, maybe), we're looking for a way of making it so that the V.I.P. that you earn from these events can only be usable in the ZE server.

As it is right now, if we were to give the V.I.P. rewards then players would be running around with 3 (4 if they win this event) weeks of V.I.P. to use in all the servers GFLClan.com as a whole has.

After talking to the directors and higher staff from the community we agreed to not reward players yet until a solution or a workaround so that V.I.P. is only applicable in our ZE server is found (or something that's far more convenient than what we planned to do comes up).

Sorry for the inconvenience, but no, we have not forgotten about the rewards, please bear with us.

12 minutes ago, Vanya said:

players would be running around with 3 (4 if they win this event) weeks of V.I.P. to use in all the servers GFLClan.com as a whole has

gfl has more than 1 server?

people play on more than 1 server???

we still get vip for winning events?????

tortilla soup best soup don't kid yourself.

14 hours ago, Vanya said:

NOTE:

We have the winners for the last three events.

Sadly (or fortunately, maybe), we're looking for a way of making it so that the V.I.P. that you earn from these events can only be usable in the ZE server.

As it is right now, if we were to give the V.I.P. rewards then players would be running around with 3 (4 if they win this event) weeks of V.I.P. to use in all the servers GFLClan.com as a whole has.

After talking to the directors and higher staff from the community we agreed to not reward players yet until a solution or a workaround so that V.I.P. is only applicable in our ZE server is found (or something that's far more convenient than what we planned to do comes up).

Sorry for the inconvenience, but no, we have not forgotten about the rewards, please bear with us.

by ZE server im assuming you mean only css gfl ze

Great event yo!!!! 

We spent a surprisingly long amount of time on Otakuroom and despite that almost beat all maps. Very close on wanderers :C 

That said, one issue we encountered was event managers not having access to some crucial commands and head admins not being on the server to execute them. For instance during SAM, at one point zombies can bhop into the bossfight while there are not supposed to be able to. And there is nobody with access to disable bhop. Luckily, the admins used some other tricks to keep the zombies away. Point is, maybe there should be some evaluation on which flags/commands the event admins should have so that they can be manage the events independently from a head admin. 

Uɳʅσȥҽ ʂρყ