Doomnack

The Writer on the Walls (SCP Suggestion based on SCP-1730)

Posted  Edited by Doomnack

image.png.7dded97d8975580fe6aa8ca17455ff4a.png

Here's another generic suggestion, for an SCP that can be taken in two different approaches.

• Site-13 Exlusive SCP, because it better suits the theme. (Lure for people to vote for new maps <3)
  • As an SCP that appears on virtually all maps, like how 2845 was originally designed for Site-13 but it was thrown into most other maps because deers are cool.

You could potentially bum some people out by making it map exclusive, but in a way it could add better interest into voting for other maps, and would make Site-13 more interesting.

Anyways, as one of the most prominent SCPs in SCP-1730's article, I decided to come up with an idea to allow a way for this guy to be introduced, whatever his name is. If someone knows what his actual name is please let me know, but a lot of people seem to call him exactly what I named this post, so whatever.

Leave what you think about this in the comments, don't forget to subscribe and hit that notifcation bell too.

You are the Writer on the Walls

You are a "vaguely humanoid entity", who is capable of producing lethal cognitohazards on surfaces.

You can "open your eye", making you dangerous to view for a few moments.

Kill everyone and escape the facility.

Spawn Location, Site-13: HCZ Electrical Center

This room doesn't affect the tesla gates or gate functions or anything like that. It's purely aesthethic, and there's no harm putting it in here.

image.png.e3c468481939e8df6efe58b19b34d386.png

(this place)

Spawn Location, Site-19: 012's CC

The cell is currently vacated anyways. Wouldn't hurt to put it there if you this is implemented on other maps.

image.png.3f92996937576517fd8139cdef1844b1.png

(The cognitohazard looks like this.)

Gameplay Mechanics:

Controls:

Primary (LMB) - Write

Special (RMB) - Open Eye

-Special takes two seconds to trigger.

-Any type of grenade explosion erases written cognitohazards.

Stats:

Health: 1730

Primary Cool Down: 12 seconds

Special Cool Down: 24 secs

Speed: Breach Human Walking Speed

Achievements + Points:

Like most other SCPs, The Writer earns points by killing people.

No achievements are related to this SCP.

Description:

The writer is defenseless with the lack of a melee attack, and as such it relies heavily on its cognitohazards and high health for survival.

On primary, it prints a cognitohazard on the wall (puts a decal and invisible entity).

Any players who view the cognitohazard are engulfed in flames, and this effect continues for two seconds after viewing as stopped.

In the event that The writer is utterly surrounded by enemies, it can effectively "flashbang" all enemies nearby, using his special.

It takes two seconds to deploy, but all viewers are instantly engulfed in flames for 10 seconds.

Cognitohazards can be "mopped off" the walls by grenades. Don't ask how, it's a Foundation thing.

That's basically it. A big scary robot dude, that draws dangerous stuff on the walls. Players playing as the SCP can utilize common spots where players pass through, using its abilities to place "traps" around the facility.

Here's the resource by the way. It's appropriate for the overall look of the Writer, albeit more mechanical than ever.

Resources:

The Writer: (right here)

This is the part where I stop.

Edited by Doomnack

43 minutes ago, Doomnack said:

Cognitohazards can be "mopped off" the walls by grenades. Don't ask how, it's a Foundation thing.

+1 unique from other scps. Maybe janitors can be added along with this to mop it up

Posted  Edited by Maximino007

Imagine this standing beside 173.

I like the idea of an SCP that's mean purpose is to distract enemies by making their vision worse and supporting the SCP Team. It can also be a way to stop campers since they have to look at the cognitohazard to shoot at the SCPs but it would burn them.

(Seriously though the flames are annoying to your vision)

+1

Edited by Maximino007

Seem more like an annoyance than anything, could use a tiny bit of a primary-recharge rework. As well as shooting them should remove them, so you aren't left defenseless without any grenades

Until rework: -1

12 minutes ago, Mythrl said:

Seem more like an annoyance than anything, could use a tiny bit of a primary-recharge rework. As well as shooting them should remove them, so you aren't left defenseless without any grenades

Until rework: -1

No, why would shooting them to remove them make sense? Just look away from them, it only lasts 2 seconds after you stop looking.

I like this idea, I hope people enjoy playing them though as I fear some of our population play breach to get to just kill people and this isn't that kind of SCP, really.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

This is my favorite creature from SCP-1730

its unique in a gameplay sense

and can be fun to play.

plus its not a

"I LEFT CLICK TO KILL AND HAVE HIGH HP HURR DURR DURR"

+1

817658739_FlowerZ.thumb.png.5bf77aa140b61b74c725a98d32be45f8.png

image.png.47609d048ef327e928a296b5149734fb.png

I like it, but as a small suggestion

Maybe make it so looking at one of the congintohazards for 5 seconds causes you to explode and die(Dealing damage around you in an AOE). Seeing as that would allow his traps to be even more deadly if placed right, as well as being 'kinda' close to the original creature(In the original looking at the hazards at all would randomly cause you to start having fire coming out of your ears then fucking explode the next time someone made noise near you).

Also, ingame name for scoreboard/info should probally just be scp-1730-2 or something. 

On 2/24/2019 at 6:12 PM, Doomnack said:

Any players who view the cognitohazard are engulfed in flames, and this effect continues for two seconds after viewing as stopped.

Imported a few of the field code symbols into GIMP as symbols to represent the cognitohazard. Each one has it's own meaning, so I'm debating between this and having a slightly different implementation:

• Each hazard has its own special effect
  • Each hazard has its own method of avoiding / reducing severity of effects
  • Each hazard may only be activated by a given player once
  • An effect is despawned if 3 people are effected by it or 1 - 2 minutes pass

For example:

haz3.png

(Final image will be more smoothed, WIP)

Do not look away: If this cognitohazard is activated by the player, they must maintain eye contact for a given amount of seconds (maybe 10), failure to do so will result in damage and burning (proportional to how many seconds you had left, so 1 second remaining would only do a little bit of damage while 10 seconds left might kill the player)

haz2.png

Unsafe place

Player must get a sufficient distance away from the hazard upon activating it to avoid its effects.

haz5.png

(White lines will be removed, WIP)

Do not make physical contact

Player affected by this will explode if they come into contact with another player. This kills the player and does a small (not enough to kill usually) amount of splash damage.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Posted  Edited by Doomnack
14 hours ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

Xy's one is better. Sorry Doomnack.

Was scared for a moment that Xy would read my suggestion word for word and add it. Obviously needs tweaking as said by the other people, so a rewrite was needed. Happy the concept could be revived. :3

Edited by Doomnack

Posted  Edited by strawberry crab

Was gonna make a 579 suggestion but ralesi's idea sounds phenomenal. though credit to @Doomnack for the original idea. this has the potential to be a great anti-camping scp.

Edited by strawberry crab

space.png

• 1 month later...

strategy scps are always good, +1

however, @Xy_, if you do this, please make the symbols different colors or something so that they're easily distinguishable.  I don't want to have to look at these things any longer than I have to.

• 1 year later...