Vidmar

A Weekly GFL Podcast

Would you listen to the podcast?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you listen to the podcast?

A weekly podcast. Each week, there should be a 5 to 10 minute podcast to summarize the previous week. This to further improve GFL's communication to all of its members. The podcaster(s) should be member of GFL staff and have voice that does not annoy people. Each week there can be a special guest that can tell us their experience within GFL and/or a staff member shedding light on a project being worked upon behind the curtains. Members can also submit questions or topics to the podcaster(s) that they can further elaborate on and discuss. The podcast should be easily accessed on all platsforms and sent out to all of GFL's members.

If I'm not wrong, I think this was already implemented but more like it was toward YouTube or the interview team or whatever team it was when PR handle social media last year. But... If you're saying as a whole or in general, I don't think it's necessary

If you are directing this to staff only, read spoiler. There was this comment since in your thread mentioned that it should be only staff. But then you later said everyone, so it's confusing as to who you're directing to.

and I don't think having a voice from a staff over a member of our community is more important. Sure they're our staff but the players of this community is way more important and can give a voice or text. I understand podcast is voice only but it shouldn't just be handle or voiced by a staff only. If you want communication then it has to be anyone, whether their voice is annoying or not. Just because someone sound like a "haven't dropped my balls yet" voice doesn't mean shit. You can always make them keep on topic or make it funny. Not too serious, ya know?

I do know that there was supposed to be a podcast about Overwatch division which is lead by Darkling and Shuruia. I remember asking them to let us talk to them. Whether or not if they ever did it is something I'm unsure of 

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Nick

This is an interesting idea. If regular meetings get implemented on a larger scale (I know some regular meetings have popped up in GFL recently; bless you guys for doing it <3), this would be a nice way of doing a recap of what has happened for GFL as a whole.

However, I believe we should prioritize getting regular meetings up and running first. Then we can "easily" make a recap in some alternative media format such as a podcast.

EDIT: I would not make it a weekly podcast since I would like each podcast to match a community meeting (big nay to weekly community meetings :P ).

Edited by Nick

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by TheJitFace

I had actually tried to work on this a while back. If I can get some other people to work with on the PR team, I will definitely start doing this. There is one issue, this may be delayed to late June if we are actually going to do it because currently, I do not have time to do a weekly podcast. If I can get some help, I will most likely start doing it in the summer. I can do the voice, or I can get someone with a sexy voice like @Darkling lmao. 

Edited by TheJitFace

jitticus

I actually did try this with a couple of people, we had many ideas of what could be in it but sadly we were all on at different times (the people doing the podcast) and it didn’t work well, but maybe if we have dedicated people and a lot of people working on it, it’ll be fun and good

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

40 minutes ago, TheJitFace said:

I had actually tried to work on this a while back. If I can get some other people to work with on the PR team, I will definitely start doing this. There is one issue, this may be delayed to late June if we are actually going to do it because currently, I do not have time to do a weekly podcast. If I can get some help, I will most likely start doing it in the summer. I can do the voice, or I can get someone with a sexy voice like @Darkling lmao. 

I’m not apart of PR but I would be willing to help because I love doing podcast as long as it’s more comedy based.

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

I honestly don't see this gaining traction, but it's worth a shot as long as there are some people willing to try it. The first place to source such people would be the PR team, so @Le Quack might be able to comment. It'd give GFX artists and video editors something to regularly work on as well.

The reason I don't see this working out is because a traditional podcast format actually isn't very reliable in relaying information. There's a lot of casual quips and sidetracking in a podcast, so some focus on the original topic is lost. There's nothing inherently wrong with the format, but with the kind of audience that GFL garners, the information that you want to disseminate (e.g. staff projects) should be as concise as possible.

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

36 minutes ago, Shuruia said:

I honestly don't see this gaining traction, but it's worth a shot as long as there are some people willing to try it. The first place to source such people would be the PR team, so @Le Quack might be able to comment. It'd give GFX artists and video editors something to regularly work on as well.

The reason I don't see this working out is because a traditional podcast format actually isn't very reliable in relaying information. There's a lot of casual quips and sidetracking in a podcast, so some focus on the original topic is lost. There's nothing inherently wrong with the format, but with the kind of audience that GFL garners, the information that you want to disseminate (e.g. staff projects) should be as concise as possible.

Actually, I think some commentary and side tracking makes it feel a bit less like a formal news program and more like an actual chat between some important members of the community. I'm by no means a podcast kind of guy, but I would rather get my info in a more casual way than just getting it straight.

If the project were to get greenlit, our writers could probably write up a schedule or plan of sorts that can organize topics and allow leeway for commentary, and our streamers could probably be the hosts. Thus it would be professional but casual.

This does seem like a good idea though, but maybe not as often - probably like how @Nick suggested for it to be every community meeting. Then there would be more time instead of 5-10 minutes.

Philosophy's nice, but it's also a bit terrifying if you dip your toes in too deep.

I still like learning, though.

also i need an nsfw approval for my potential aura x rogue thing MAKE IT HAPPEN

When I was leading PR, I had began to look into a podcast, however I wasn't able to finish planning them before my departure. The biggest issue would be to find a group that works well together naturally so that it doesn't seem forced, there's no talking over each other, etc. 

I'd love to see this come to fruition, and I would like to assist Quack in the process. 

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

9 hours ago, Shuruia said:

It'd give GFX artists and video editors something to regularly work on as well.

I like this idea, although I don't have experience in the GFX field, if our artists have interest in putting time into it then this would be something that potentially could have a great turn out!  So i'm on board with the idea.  @WigglesWorth and I can discuss some type of plan and go from there.

1869790287_thorgiphy.gif.a5585d3368c586a7d7f25bad5ff4bc7a.gif

Current: TTT Admin

Public Relations

• 1 month later...