Doomnack

SCP-217: "The Clockwork Virus"

Posted  Edited by Doomnack

Well, since Area-02 has been finished, I feel like the great suggestion depression has concluded, so I might make some more posts soon.

You can keep this suggestion in the back of your head, dev, since I'm pretty sure you're kinda' busy with SCP-1730-2, and both of Haxray's suggestions if you are working on them. That's kinda' a big deal of work in itself, but Area-02 was probably one of the biggest chunk of work that you had to deal with. Now that it's done, I'm no longer hesitant to make some more suggestions.

Anyways, here goes.

You are SCP-217-1

Due to previous tests, you have been infected with SCP-217 accidentally.

You are a Class-D, but in a few minutes your appearance will change drastically.

You can infect people, turning them into weaker variants of SCP-217.

Spawn Location:

SCP-217 spawns among the D-Class, which due to the way 217's infection mechanic reveals itself, allows for temporary stealth.

During that time, SCP-217 is seen as FRIENDLY by other players, but can damage other players if he manages to find a weapon.

When grace period ends (12:00 mark), SCP-217 begins emitting "ticking" sounds, which can be an obvious hint to other players.

At the 11:00 minute mark SCP-217-1 transforms into its "infectious" form, and that's when shit hits the fan.

Gameplay Mechanics:

Controls:

Primary (LMB) - Infect

Passives:

+Has unrestricted human-like abilities. Can pick up everything, and drop things like a normal player.

Stats:

Base Health: 500

Primary Cool Down: 3 seconds

Speed: Breach Human Running Speed

(After change: 049-2's speed)

Achievements + Points:

Like most other SCPs, SCP-217-1 earns points by killing people. However, it also gains points by infecting people.

No achievements are related to this SCP.

Description:

SCP-217 is a homage to the old version of SCP-035, which used to be on the SCPs side.

His "infection" can be viewed as how he used to recruit Class-Ds in his army, and you get the point by now (hopefully) :P

All SCP-217 instances can equip items, drop items, and pick up ammo, making him basically identical to a human class.

He may also heal, but similarly to SCP-378, medkits and SCP-500 only heal 100 HP.

All SCP-217 instances cannot pickup vests.

Using the 217 SWEP, which cannot be dropped, SCP-217-1 can "infect" other human classes into SCP-217-2.

Players, when infected, will be alerted of this, and are recommended to find any instance of SCP-500.

In 1 minute, infected players turn into SCP-217-2.

SCP-217-2 are almost identical to SCP-217, and have the same abilities, except they have a few major debuffs:

-Infected spawns with 75 HP

-Infected move at 049-2's speed.

-Infected takes 15% more damage from all sources

-Infected emit "ticking" noises, like SCP-217-1.

Keep in mind that SCP-217-1 can basically raise an army of armed SCP-217-2 with weapons, essentially weaker serpent's hands. Though their health is significantly worse, SCP-217-2 instances have a lot of potentional in-regards to their possible equipment they may get in-game.

Instances of SCP-217-2 also spawn with their own 217 SWEP, allowing them to infect other players too.

Infection can be cured using SCP-500, but only by other players. Other players can cure SCP-217-2 using 500, but SCP-217-2 cannot cure itself.

Using SCP-500 on SCP-217-1 deals 250 damage to the instance, and the same happens if SCP-217-1 consumes it itself.

A very simple suggestion just to build up some other suggestions I might make soon. I like the idea of bringing back old concepts we had on the server, which is why this exists.

I don't know, maybe it was just me but 035 charging straight into MTF with SCPs like 682 on his side was some memorable stuff.

(Also, since we have the sarkic virus, why not the mechanical one too?)

Resources:

Use the "bigger" models for SCP-217-1, and one of the "smaller" ones for SCP-217-2.

Edited by Doomnack

I really like hybrid scps like 689 for example. I also find that this scp would still feel unique despite its simplicity, and would be fun to play late game. My only concern is that the scp seems like it could just strip the d class of their rushable spots. SCP 217 can head right towards the 049 spot for example without the concern of the scps. I just feel that the scp could seem a little unfair to the d class in that regard. 

I also dont mean to be "that guy" but you spelled change incorrectly in the red text. 

• 1 month later...