Snowy

[CS:GO ZE] Gun Changes?

Gun Changes  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Increase ammo for some guns?

2 hours ago, Sedna said:

if you really care about Zombie Wins, then fuckin lead them to PUSH not just screaming nerf negevs

Its whimmable if you lead zombies

I dislike screaming push at the zombies and find it to be disruptive to normal leading or conversation, while yes ze is a pvp gamemode, you shouldn't disrupt others experience. If you want to lead zombies due to from t chat and let them know when to zspawn for an advantage, coordinate pushes, or about knifing edgers. 

4 hours ago, Malal said:

Servers that both have bhop and very similar settings to GFL?

Now youre just straight out making lies. I know for a fact because even the control freak who forced those settings on gfl was insistant on making the server a lot harder than nide and unloze. Also negevs still take more skill deal with it firing a lazer beam and spraying with a smg take the same skill, one simply outputs more damage at the cost of having to carefully choosing when to defend, reload, and move.

Seriously this aint getting anywhere, all your arguments revolve around ideology rather than actual experience. Also the only communist here is you. Removing negevs does nothing but remove potential power from human players. Skilled players don’t benefit from this, rather now their efforts are now dependent on other players because overall defense power has decreased. Zombie escape is already team dependent, and now you’re literally trying to make it more team dependent. So now instead of the less skilled people dying and more skilled winning as humans, its more of everyone loses no matter how skilled they are.

Seriously csgo zombie escape is supposed to be a fun comfy place and instead we have people like you trying to make it into some tryhard elitist team. The same bullshit happened on the css server, why the hell aren’t you there? The manager there literally runs with the same mentality as you did. “If we implement harder settings players will play better” “if the doorhuggers dont defend they don’t deserve to win” “it’s not the mechanics faults, players need to play harder and lead more often” It’s the same toxic bullshit where you prioritize idealogy over player enjoyment and then proceed to blame players for not working hard enough when they end up not enjoying this.

in the end of it all, i get your arguement, and i’ll tell you it doesnt work like that. If you’re going to reply, can it not be minor nitpickings? Instead I would rather you answer one question. “In the case where settings are made harder, will you be willing to lead at least 1 hour daily on average in order for the playerbase to improve back to its original state?”

I think negev takes skill, and SMGs too.

but they don't require the exact same skill factor.

Negev encourages defending more effectively on narrowed area but discourages to defending wide area so if you want to use negev at the wide area, you have to SPREAD MANUALLY.

But how about bizon? its good for shooting at the wide area. buy weaker than negev at the narrowed area.

And also @Malal said negev can fire like 13 secs. Thats true. but bizon can fire like 5~6 seconds and reload fast. That means if you have to defend OVER 13 secs and path is wide, Bizon is recommended.

and if you have to defend less than 13 secs, over 13 secs but narrowed path, dont need to keep falling back, Negev is recommended.

so In short, bizon is good for defend continuously at the wide area, negev is good for clutch defense or acting kind of Mounted LMG

as has been pointed out several times, why have we allowed the apes to devolve this into a debate about nerfing guns, the overall quality of weapons, bhops, etc... 

All we are talking about is "Would you enjoy seeing some weapons have more ammo" end of statement...

Yes, or no, and I suppose if you say yes you can suggest a weapon you would like to see more ammo with. 

I think MP5, 7 and 9 with more ammo would be really fun. I would also be interested to see how the AK, M4 and maybe the AUG play with more ammo as well. 

Stop being APES!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, gkuo88 said:

Now youre just straight out making lies. I know for a fact because even the control freak who forced those settings on gfl was insistant on making the server a lot harder than nide and unloze.

They're harder but the settings are similar, the main difference is KB.

Also negevs still take more skill deal with it firing a lazer beam

>a gun with 0 recoil and spread that just goes where you point requires more skill

Also the only communist here is you

how?

Removing negevs does nothing but remove potential power from human players.

Correct it does, a power that shouldn't exist.

Skilled players don’t benefit from this

Skilled players benefit from not having to deal with an overpowered gun when a zombie.

and now you’re literally trying to make it more team dependent.

How is this a bad thing

So now instead of the less skilled people dying and more skilled winning as humans, its more of everyone loses no matter how skilled they are.

The less skilled people weren't dying because they just doorhugged.

why the hell aren’t you there?

Timezones + Ping

In the case where settings are made harder, will you be willing to lead at least 1 hour daily on average in order for the playerbase to improve back to its original state?

On GFL? I already lead on other servers, I don't owe anything to GFL I'm not going to waste my time trying to join when the server is full to play a map I might not even like.

What happened before the Negev update? Were teams losing badly? No they weren't, so what has changed exactly?

Posted  Edited by gkuo88
1 hour ago, Malal said:

On GFL? I already lead on other servers, I don't owe anything to GFL I'm not going to waste my time trying to join when the server is full to play a map I might not even like.

Great, then GFL doesn't have to pander to your ideals. 

1 hour ago, Malal said:

How is this a bad thing

The entire death of gfl css is caused by fucking dependency on teamwork. Harder settings from removal of rebuys, lower knockback, crazy bhop speeds all created a massive need to for defense. I don't expect you to understand this, considering you look down at players like Mao looks at his people as if they were cattle, but you know what, I'm try my fucking best to explain it to you.

-server runs on a classic set of map favorites

-difficulty increases thus increasing the defense needed by the team

-It is either significant enough to warrant a change and if it isn't, it acts as another excuse to increase difficulty again

-players react by improving their skills (this does not fucking happen)

Let me explain why this does not fucking happen. First of all, a vast majority of players never even notice a difficulty increase has occured. Bhop is noticeable, but knockback decrease is no one can tell. This is because no one actually picks up news on the changes to the server.

Second of all, even if everyone notices there was an increase, no one translates it out to "the need for more defense". For example, removal of the negev means defense power decrease, do the defenders or doorhuggers start thinking "we need to defend/aim more" or "from now on, we might have to lead to win the map"? No, rather the most noticeable changes for players is the increase in losses. But losses are built upon the team, which is why instead of looking a self improvement, they instead start blaming other players.

Third, there are players who already are at the top of their game, who are already contributing the max amount of effort. They cannot improve in any other way other than getting a mic and leading, which they either dont want to do or can't do it. But at the same time, they cannot get doorhuggers to start defending more, nor can they get other players to play better.

so continuing on

- players still continue to play at their own rate as before

- losses increase, resulting in players blaming each other, or moving to a easier set of maps because it isnt fun for them (in a rare case someone will step up as a leader, but in order for a counteractive effect, they will have to lead for many many hours which may go for a month)

- casual players begin to leave because they are forced to a smaller mapset, or they get raped by settings

- pro players begin to leave because they lose more often and become selective on their map choices, and they cannot force other players to play better

- team dependency teaches players that in order to win, they need a good team, a good leader, etc

- so instead players stop playing until all of those things come together, such as an event

The best example of this I can think of is where minas was killing the css server 2-3 years ago. During that time, players played minas every single day. The server will always start with 50-60 people. They will always lose at ex4 (because everyone knew the balrog teleport doorrape trick). They won minas before alot before this occurrence, but the balrog teleport trick was such a gamechanger, that they now always lost on ex4. And during this time, did people change tactics? Did people start defending harder? No, instead they all left the server. And as time passed on, people began leaving en masse on ex4 until only 10 to 20 people were on the server. Well until the admins banned the fucking map.

Edited by gkuo88

Posted  Edited by reduct

Okay, we don't need a quote-to-quote recap and response to each other's opinions. I don't want to see another mass essay with quotes every other sentence. Some players don't like negevs, some do. Regardless, we're here mainly to talk about ammo caps on rifles and less popular guns (meaning NOT NEGEVS). 

You know who you are. Don't push your luck.

Edited by reduct

While I do support buffing SMGs that isnt the bizon, I think the rifles should have a bit higher clip size than the SMG. the reason is that rifles generally have lower movespeed and higher reload time so they are not as great at defending in the zombies' faces and backpedalling, so a slightly higher clip size should be done to compensate.

Also buff shotgun by increasing knockback.

I'm backk.

The Negev could go with a nerf but that's not what this thread is about. Increasing the effectiveness of a majority of guns won't be much of a buff unless overdone, and so a nerf isn't too crucial to balance the proposed changes. This is because while guns like the ump, mac10 and AK will be more effective, these will likely be in place of a bizon or negev, and unless these guns are buffed too much they may actually act a slightly negative factor for the CT team, which is fine. So yes, a few guns should have increased ammo, this will offer more variability for older players who are sick of pressing their bizon bind and is idea compounded by the fact newer players who often buy an AK or M4 will be much more useful during defence and boss fights. Just keep in mind that the negev, bizon and p90 are staples in ze and should be kept at the predominant guns and most players use these guns and this buff may confuse them as to which guns are effective. So please don't buff the other guns too much, but just enough for them to be a fresh option that compares fairly well to the current ze gun meta. 

TLDR: Increase ammo of rarely used guns by a little. 

Posted  Edited by xSnowyAngel

UPDATE @ 06/04/2019:

weapon_mp7 and weapon_mp5 now has a clipsize of 50.

weapon_ak47, weapon_m4a1, weapon_m4a1_silencer now has a clipsize of 40.

Feedback & Suggestions are appreciated.

Edited by xSnowyAngel

2 minutes ago, xSnowyAngel said:

UPDATE @ 06/04/2019:

weapon_mp7 and weapon_mp5 now has a clipsize of 50.

weapon_ak47, weapon_m4a1, weapon_m4a1_silencer now has a clipsize of 40.

Feedback & Suggestions are appreciated.

We'll see how good it is.

Thanks hehe

also wanna suggest about Tier III rifles (scope) and other SMGs later.