Doomnack

Replace SCP-795 with SCP-607

Posted  Edited by Dominick

Never thought I'd make an SCP where the main goal is to kill yourself.

Well, let's start off with something I want to say about 795.

You know, I guess it could have been worth saved, but truth is the concept of 795 was never really worth recreating as an SCP class. It would have been a generic hostile SCP either way. Even the gameplay now reflects upon this: SCP-795 is a boring "PRESS M1 TO KILL" class, with a secondary that basically disarms the target and makes them easier to kill.

That's about it, and there's not that much potential for effective and useful gameplay as 795. Even when 795 does try to help its team, its amount of health just leaves it baffled when it dies, and then the player usually goes on to complain on how bad 795 is. I tried rewriting the entire concept of 795, and then tried suggesting some small changes because an entire recode is no longer feasible at this point, but at this point we've gone full circle with anything we can do about 795.

It's like the 5 stages of grief, except there are a lot fewer and we're talking about a fucking fictional game concept lol. At this point, it's not worth saving the entire idea of 795, at least not as an SCP.

So to have a friendly competition with haxray, here's a suggestion that derives a few elements from 795, and borrows the same model. If this isn't added, it doesn't matter to me, but I do want SCP-795 removed entirely from the game.

Yeah I know, it's quite ironic for me to be asking to remove 795, don't need to remind me.

You are SCP-607

You are a grey cat, able to ressurect yourself, with a strong desire to commit suicide.

You can commit "self-harm" to leave parts of yourself behind, which will be where you spawn after death.

You can bond to hosts, and they will share any damage taken to you by 50%.

Spawn Location, Site-19: 795's Spawn

So long 795 ;(

Gameplay Mechanics:

Controls:

Primary (LMB) - Scratch

Secondary (RMB) - Self-Harm

Passives:

+On attack: deals bleed. Primary isn't meant to be used as main attack method.

Stats:

Base Health: 250

Primary Cool Down: Rapid-Fire (same as 795)

Primary Damage: 5 (same as 795, deals bleed too)

Speed: SCP-795's speed

Achievements + Points:

Like most other SCPs, SCP-607 earns points by killing people.

No achievements are related to this SCP.

Main Description:

SCP-607's main mechanic is dying, which plays a big role into killing people.

His goal to, basically, commit suicide is also related to his ability to bond with humans.

Whenever SCP-607 stays near a person for 3 seconds, that person bonds with 607.

Whenever a person is hit by 607 five times within a round, that person will also bond with 607.

SCP-607 will get a message each time another person has "bonded" with 607.

All bonded humans take 50% of damage that SCP-607 takes. Any damage that is given to the bonded person do not reflect on 607.

-All bonded humans who survive 607's death are no longer bonded.

Bonded humans are likely to survive when 607 is in a gunfight, for example.

However, tesla gates, fall damage, and trigger_hurts deal A LOT of damage to players.

This makes them effective for dealing damage to players and effective for 607 to commit suicide.

Secondary Description:

Using SCP-607's secondary, it deals 50 damage to itself, and leave part of itself behind (checkpoint), which can't be moved.

(In-game, a checkpoint is just a re-textured watermelon gibs prop, or maybe a barnacle gib)

-Checkpoint can be "confiscated" by pressing E on it by humans.

-Only one checkpoint can be placed at a time; new checkpoints will override and remove older ones.

-Checkpoints can be seen with an SNAV Ultimate.

-If SCP-607 dies with no checkpoints left, they don't respawn.

-Checkpoint emits "fly sounds", indicative of a dead cat.

-Checkpoint disappears upon resurrection.

When SCP-607 dies, he respawns at a checkpoint after a few moments, similarly to Abel's respawn time.

SCP-607's checkpoint enables him to utilize suicide, making his main stragedy:

1. Bond with as many humans as possible before health gets too low.

2. Find nearest source of damage. (Gunfights, tesla gates, bottomless pits.)

3. Place a "checkpoint" in a secluded area.

4. Die and and repeat.

Resources:

Uses the same model as SCP-795, as a new model isn't necessary if 795 is removed alongside this suggestion.

In the extremely unlikely case that 607 exists with 795, then I suggest making 795 look like the black cat playermodel that Haxray has mentioned in his 511 suggestion, because SCP-607 has to be a grey cat.

The purpose behind SCP-607 is to introduce a new playstyle instead of the typical "RUN AT THEM AND PRESS M1 AND THEN THEIR DEAD CONGRATS".

SCP-607 is good with dealing with groups of armed players that usually take the form of TRO who bum around EZ. SCP-607's bonding system can put players who stick around eachother in danger of being killed due to 607's effects. SCP-607's primary also allows for efficient bonding towards isolated players.

Players who have been bonded will be conscious that their life is now in peril, and that 607 can basically end them at any time. The main focus then becomes safely "disarming" 607 before it becomes too late. Since any damage that SCP-607 takes is reflected to all bonded humans by 50%, there is a slim chance that bonded humans can survive 607's death.

Since SCP-607 has 200 HP, one player killing a full-health SCP-607 alone isn't effective because it basically guarantees their death. It is advised to make use of other non-bonded player's help to safefully disarm SCP-607 by killing it without it commiting suicide from some high-damage source. Players are also advised to search for 607's checkpoints while other players kill the cat.

That's about it. If SCP-607 doesn't get that much attention, the next best thing would be to remove 795 as a whole.

Edited by Dominick

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, hughy62 said:

just one thing:  pls make the number of respawns limited.

They are, you can die as many times as you want. You just have to have at least one "checkpoint" active before you die, or it's game end.

5 minutes ago, Dominick said:

They are, you can die as many times as you want. You just have to have at least one "checkpoint" active before you die, or it's game end.

Yeah, but in a large map with only 3 players left...