Melanin

Ban appeal

Name: Melanin

SteamID: 

STEAM_0:0:46298023

Banned by:

SkydivingSquid

Reason:  hacking. Please appeal on the GFL forums if this was in error..

Why you should be unbanned: I don't even use hacks and there was no communication or questions asked at all during the game. I think the ban is really unfair. 

Guest SkydivingSquid

@Melanin when I got online you had unanswered pending reports from previous rounds and you were still somehow playing. . . not only that, but I was unable to use Admin commands on your player indicating you had some script running blocking or returning my commands. 

Yeah, the TTT server is extremely buggy. I've replied to all those reports many times. I couldn't ever purchase stuff from the pointshop either. I don't use hacks and I'm not even sure how I'd go about blocking commands...

Guest SkydivingSquid

I need to pass this one on to @MilkMan for review. 

Posted  Edited by MilkMan

We don't ask questions if someone is hacking because they are more than likely to dodge a ban. There for they can come back and hack again... But anyway, due to you not answering reports and still being able to PLAY while you were reported is a hack (by-passing reports). Now, I haven't seen an error where it doesn't show up on a players screen, so we'd assume you are using some program to pass the report system.

Edited by MilkMan

giphyMilkMan.gif.fb5ae94508aa4d64ac8cb43f19d36ff4.gif

Guest SkydivingSquid

Including this for @Melanin. This screenshot was taken shortly before the ban occurred during round 13 or 14. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 8.09.54 AM.png

I responded to that. He was right next to the T tester and I was watching him through a sniper. He had an awp, and I later found that in the water, with 0 ammo right next to where he was trying to get away. I generally don't use hacks.. 

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
19 hours ago, Melanin said:

I generally don't use hacks.. 

So generally you don't use hacks; when do you use hacks then?

generally is equivalent to most of the time, I'm asking about the rest of that time.

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

By generally, I meant never. Thanks for that very good analogy. It doesn't matter though, I'll just find a new server to play on. Pointshop and the report system only seem to be problems with this TTT server, as other servers I have joined seem to work perfectly fine. 

I have seen players with pings of close to 800 and still able to answer reports, so lag is not part of this equation, unless for some reason (hacks) it won’t let you answer reports, so it’s either the server really is bugged which is unlikely since I have been admin for upwards of 7-8 months and have never seen a bug like that, or you are running a script that bounces back admin commands and allows for u to not have to answer reports, now the bouncing back admins commands could be on the accounts of lag but that tends to happen when the ADMIN is lagging not the player being targeted by the command.