Roy

Update On GFL's Network

Posted  Edited by Skittlez · Hidden
Hidden

Glad to see progress is (sorta) being made! 

14 minutes ago, Roy said:

At this point, I've pretty much given up.

Don't give up though! Hopefully, they'll get back to you ASAP and things will begin to start moving again!

14 minutes ago, Roy said:

Being able to overclock the i7-9700K ($129.99/m) or i9-9900K ($149.99/m) would be awesome and would result in greater performance for our game servers. Though, those processors at a normal clock would more than likely perform very well regardless.

This seems pretty impressive for a gameserver, even without overclocking. Why can you not overclock though?

Edited by Skittlez

2 minutes ago, Skittlez said:

Glad to see progress is (sorta) being made! 

Don't give up though! Hopefully, they'll get back to you ASAP and things will begin to start moving again!

This seems pretty impressive for a gameserver, even without overclocking. Why can you not overclock though?

This is the second week of having our Anycast network nearly complete and this issue has occurred twice already with Hivelocity. Although their standard support is responsive via Live Chat, their networking team is not. I am not going to risk our players having +40ms latency due to a ridiculous routing issue that shouldn't be happening in the first place. Once we get our own ASN, we'll be in good shape either way since we'll be able to get a PoP server with the same hosting provider as our physical machine.

Overclocking is against Wholesale Internet's TOS as stated in the email replies I provided.

Also, exciting news! We can get our own ASN with ARIN while having a RIPE IPv4 block (they don't really care about the IPv4 blocks themselves). Will be filling out an application soon!

Thank you.

Hidden
7 minutes ago, Roy said:

I am not going to risk our players having +40ms latency due to a ridiculous routing issue that shouldn't be happening in the first place.

That's not what I meant :(

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

Once we get our own ASN, we'll be in good shape either way

Hopefully this is soon!

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

Overclocking is against Wholesale Internet's TOS as stated in the email replies I provided.

I was just wondering why though. I'm assuming they're concerned for the stability of the machines(?). Regardless, the machine's specs are impressive.

11 minutes ago, Roy said:

Also, exciting news! We can get our own ASN with ARIN while having a RIPE IPv4 block (they don't really care about the IPv4 blocks themselves). Will be filling out an application soon!

Exciting 😁