Liloz01

VIP/Supporter Aesthetic Changes

VIP/Supporter Aesthetic Changes  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Changes:

• 1px Text Shadow only.
    • 1px Text Shadow AND Background Animation.
    • 2px Text Shadow only.
    • 2px Text Shadow AND Background Animation.
    • Background Animation only.
    • Do not change anything.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/16/2019 at 11:44 AM

Recently, a suggestion was created to "jazz up" the Supporter and VIP roles on the forums, by @LeksCurrently, the VIP and Supporter roles appear as such, so do VIPs and Supporters names, for example, Liloz01 and Liloz01

The proposed changes, which you will be able to vote upon, are:

• Add a 1px text shadow so that VIP/Supporter names will appear as such: VIP and Supporter - Example name: Liloz01 and Liloz01.
  • Add a 2px text shadow so that VIP/Supporter names will appear as such: VIP and Supporter - Example name: Liloz01 and Liloz01.
  • Add a background animation so that VIP/Supporter names will appear as such: VIP and Supporter - Example name: Liloz01 and Liloz01.
  • Add a 1px text shadow AND background animation so that VIP/Supporter names will appear as such: VIP and Supporter - Example name: Liloz01 and Liloz01.
  • Add a 2px text shadow AND background animation so that VIP/Supporter names will appear as such: VIP and Supporter - Example name: Liloz01 and Liloz01.

Keep in mind, as a VIP/Supporter you personally cannot change the background animation of your role or name, once it is set, it cannot be changed by any individual (except for, of course, higherups). If you would like to suggest a better or different background than the background shown here, please, post it and we'll put it into consideration - or even replace the current one within this post.

Thank you!

Edits:

1. Oh yeah, poll closes in 3 days.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

I counter your suggestion with a fellow probably bad suggestion:

Provide both ranks with whatever the winning dealio is

but

Allow VIP gets to customize their rank's appearance to some degree, with it defaulting to the same base as Supporter

For example;

Let's say, for simplicity sake, these two win; VIP and  Supporter

Now, Supporter is a pleb, and can't change this however VIP can, and does this just as a humble flex.

VIP As you can see, VIP just added a shadow, damn that's gonna make those filthy casuals Supporters

super jealous

VIP Oh damn, now they changed fonts, comic sans!!!!!!! super cool!!!!!

Gonna be honest, I'd literally donate to be able to change my puny Server Manager to Server Manager, but honestly this whole dealio isn't a bad idea.

Just spitballing>

Guest SkydivingSquid

Animations don’t show up in safari, but they work on Google Chrome. 

I know this isn’t option, but I like the idea of a 2pt font for Supporter and 2pt font w/ animation for VIP. 

That was actually a harder vote than I thought it would be. 

6 hours ago, HackingPotato said:

will this effect also go over ranks (admin, manager, etc) if the person has VIP or Supporter? 

oh snap that's pretty good idea, but not that I know of. Only for main group

yeah.gif

12 hours ago, HackingPotato said:

will this effect also go over ranks (admin, manager, etc) if the person has VIP or Supporter

No, as those ranks are "higher" than VIP.

@Zexired my brain isn't big enough to make a system as such :(

I dont like the 2px one. Although you can barely see 1px, it's far less cancer than the 2px shadow. Maybe as said above, letting the donator change it up how they want it would be ideal, that way people can show it off how they feel they like it best. 

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

I am very against changing this. I feel like this is step 1 in becoming this website. The background animation does not fit into our theme, and, as already pointed out, it doesn't look that great. I am not sure why the text shadow is used like this. It makes it stand out in a weird, asymmetric way. If you remove the shift, you can get a glowing, symmetric effect like this: Supporter, which I find better, but I am not sure that is something I would want.

Furthermore, getting these things to play well with forums will probably be a nightmare, and, at the moment, we are still having issues with incorrect colors on certain overlapping roles.

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

I am very against changing this. I feel like this is step 1 in becoming this website. The background animation does not fit into our theme, and, as already pointed out, it doesn't look that great. I am not sure why the text shadow is used like this. It makes it stand out in a weird, asymmetric way. If you remove the shift, you can get a glowing, symmetric effect like this: Supporter, which I find better, but I am not sure that is something I would want.

Furthermore, getting these things to play well with forums will probably be a nightmare, and, at the moment, we are still having issues with incorrect colors on certain overlapping roles.

that is a great website :omegalul:

Anyway yeah, the shift is just a shadow effect, but I honestly don't mind either. There are ways of making it look good yet professional, and I would sort of disagree with you on the fact it makes our website look like that 🤔

Regarding the overlapping roles.. I don't think it would affect anything at all. After all this is just editing an already existing value. It would not cause any more bugs afaik. (From all the testing I've done on my IPS forums, no bugs were found)

Regarding background animation, we have a gfx team right? Something could be done. That is solely an example of what could possibly be done 👍

yeah.gif

2 minutes ago, Leks said:

Regarding the overlapping roles.. I don't think it would affect anything at all. After all this is just editing an already existing value. It would not cause any more bugs afaik. (From all the testing I've done on my IPS forums, no bugs were found)

Regarding background animation, we have a gfx team right? Something could be done. That is solely an example of what could possibly be done 👍

I only brought up the overlap issue, because I see it as a major issue that has yet to be fixed. And because people suggested how it could be combined with other roles, which would be a nightmare because it is the combination part that is already broken.

The wording of this post makes it seem like the winning style of the poll will be applied to the forums.

Wanna know what I am up to? Take a look at my personal Trello board or my cards on the Development Trello board!

22 minutes ago, Nick said:

The wording of this post makes it seem like the winning style of the poll will be applied to the forums.

Ya damn right it WILL BUDDY!

But, as I stated (well, implied), the background is real bad:

On 4/13/2019 at 2:08 PM, Liloz01 said:

If you would like to suggest a better or different background than the background shown here, please, post it and we'll put it into consideration - or even replace the current one within this post.

It will most likely change the instant something better arises, the vote was more based on if it should have a background animation, not the one shown in the example. 

3 hours ago, Nick said:

My vote doesn't matter but I agree with Nick. Really the only one I'd go for would be the 1px shadow which is barely visible. I like the current aesthetic of the forums and how it's organized. The only issue I have with the forums is what Nick already mentioned: 

3 hours ago, Nick said:

The overlapping roles look kind of funky at some times, especially for current donators:
JOF0hjJ.png I have the VIP colored name but my rank is Member??? Shouldn't my rank be VIP also? Idk, seems kind of weird to me.

1 hour ago, Skittlez said:

My vote doesn't matter but I agree with Nick. Really the only one I'd go for would be the 1px shadow which is barely visible. I like the current aesthetic of the forums and how it's organized. The only issue I have with the forums is what Nick already mentioned: 

The overlapping roles look kind of funky at some times, especially for current donators:
JOF0hjJ.png I have the VIP colored name but my rank is Member??? Shouldn't my rank be VIP also? Idk, seems kind of weird to me.

That has to do with primary and secondary roles. Since VIP was changed to a subscription-based donation, your primary role is VIP, while your secondary role is Member, showing your name as pink and your role at the bottom (or it could be reversed, it's been a while since I've played around with ACP).

Anyways, the reason I dislike the animation pixeling is because I feel like our forums would look something like this. Look at the recent donations section and look at how disgusting and cancerous it looks. (I'm not advertising that site, it's just a random site I found when I typed "enjin minecraft" in Google).

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Poll be closed, styles are updated.

Hopefully, soon, VIPs/Supporters will be able to select presets, in order for them to be able to choose their own appearance.