Mejilla

What's Your Favorite Netflix Show/Movie?

SOOOOO,

I was wondering... what're y'alls favorite Netflix (perhaps other platforms if you don't use Netflix) show series or movies? Right now, my favorite shows would be Dexter and How to Get Away With Murder. My favorite movies would be To All the Boys I've Loved Before and The Notebook (what a frickin' classic man).

I'm lowkey using this to provide myself with new show/movie suggestions.

huh.gif

Edited by Mejilla

I personally like Riverdale (even though the show isn't even that good) I just find a way to fucking keep watching for whatever reason

I also really like Chilling adventures of Sabrina, it's basically a darker version of Sabrina the teenage witch and It's just really good (the show pushes really hard for trans stuff, which get's redundant but it's not a problem of the show, it's just building character for one of the kids in the show.) It's season 2 just came out recently

I've been also meaning to watch haunting at hill house, I heard it's really scary, so I'm think this is the next show i'll bingeing

Black lightning isn't my FAVOURITE show, it's just a show I started to watch, and just like riverdale I can't stop watching cause I'm so far in, i'm like "why not i guess, it's a show I started I guess I should finish it"

No movies atm, besides the Gabriel Iglesias specials

-edit-  I actually just started watching black summer and the first episode is amazing

-edit part2- Started watching Santa clarita diet, since I don't have a job or don't go to school yet, I'm gonna start watching more tv shows :)

Edited by Finnick
  • Like 3

Achievements

I haven't use netflix in a while due to most of the shows or movies that i loved lost their license rights. So a lot of them got moved onto Hulu or removed by Fox. But I'll just list whatever is still left on netflix:

Movies

I don't really watch them since majority of them are old and I already watched them. I only rewatch them probably from another 2-3 years to reminiscence. 

Shows

• Santa Clarita Diet
  • Supernatural
  • Night Shift
  • Legacies (New, and so far I like it)
  • Lost in Space (remade)
  • Littlest Pet Shop (....:lenny: )
  • Big Mouth
  • Carmen Sandiego
  • love o2o

There's more but as I mentioned, it's no longer available on netflix.

• Like 1

Achievements

My favorite show on Netflix specifically, Has to be Person of Interest.

It's a very nice Show to watch, With alot of story to follow, and Allows room for you to Theory-craft if you're into that, It's Plot is Alot of Against the System/Corruption So if you're into that, I'd give the show a shot, And all the characters are Pretty interesting, Though it does take awhile for Anything to be explained, But it keeps you watching to find out.

My favorite movie is a bit of a toss-up, Alot of them are Military movies that Follow the same kindof message, so i'll Skip this bit.

SInce it's on the topic: My favorite show of all time is a 3-way tie Between Person of Interest, Eureka, And grey's Anatomy.

Eureka was Possibly one of the Greatest shows i've ever watched, The characters always get More and More interesting, Even if you aren't big on Science, Everything in the show keeps you wanting more, And every single episode it's something different, Building more and more on each character.

Greys anatomy i can't even begin to Explain, Whether you're into the Medical field or Not, The characters themselves are interesting.

It starts off kindof like a Comedy, but gets better and better with each episode, Each Season, Anything and everything adds addon to Every character, And even the Medical stuff gets interesting and Neat (I don't know if they still do it anymore but, They Used to bring in Actual Surgeons and Medically trained Members Just to Get things right)

If you're into Any of this, i'd give those a Shot, Grey's is Extremely long, And new seasons are still being Made, so that might take a long time, But both Person of Interest, and Eureka are 5 seasons long, But are incredibly well-made, and it's 100% worth the shot, Atleast do the first 5 episodes of each, Alot of them start slow, and get Better, And better as time goes on, And allows you to get Even just. Some-what attached to the characters.

Personal mentions: NCIS, Scandal (Anything by Shonda Rhimes, really), Blacklist, Umbrella Academy, Altered Carbon, Between, Bright, What happened to Monday.

And that concludes it all.

Edited by JadedJade
Honorable Mentions.
  • Like 2

Recently have been watching The Blacklist, and I can't get enough of it. However, The Office will always be a Netflix favorite, for 3 reasons: Bears, Beats, Battlestar Galactica.

• Like 1

Ive been binge watching 60 days in recently. Prison/Jail stuff has always interested me a lot but of course im fucking hyped for tomorrow with GOT

• Like 3

Achievements

2 hours ago, Korowa said:

I'm a weeb idk

we need a crusade to make your filthy kind go extinct

• Haha 1
  • OMEGALUL 2

Achievements

I think the best show I’ve ever watched is Narcos/Narcos Mexico. Everything about it is amazing. Suspense, justice, sadness, the soundtrack is amazing, and the show is just great. 

Another great show is The Office. It may be boring sometimes, but the show is funny and well thought out. So that’s a good one to watch. 

One show that is weird and funny at the same time is Orange is the New Black. That show gives you a rollercoaster of emotions. But overall it’s a pretty good show, just slightly weird at some times.

I watched 13 reasons why when I came out due to the hype around it in my school and it was not bad. 

River dale is decent, idk I watched all of it, but I feel like the entire story is missing something completely.

• Like 2

The office- Classic all around

TPB- Another classic

Bojack- Silly but real at the same time, really enjoyed this one

Agents of Shield- Really enjoyable  for any Marvel nerds like myself, the writing is really well done imo. This show will definitely keep you on your toes.

Daredevil & The Punisher- Although these shows are also made by Marvel, you DO NOT need to be a Marvel fan to appreciate these shows. As both characters are very unique compared to other shows I have watched I found them to be a different type of experience all together.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Star wars clone wars (2009)

Brooklyn 99, great comedy lol

Umbrella academy was fucking great, although ending was disappointing

Stranger things was first show I watched on Netflix, pretty nice

Seen narcos, was alright (1st season)

Altered Carbon was actually surprisingly good. 

Am watching The blacklist, for some reason I started watching a few years back when it came out, and decided to watch it again. Not big fan but eh.

I do like to watch Jimmy Carr and Ricky Gervais shows. Pretty fucking good. Also fuck Kevin Hart he's annoying and an awful comedian

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Shabby said:

I like the show where's there's moving pictures on the screen c:

I mean i could do a powerpoint and send it to you! would you like it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Shows I love (that haven't been mentioned in here as far as I know):

• Breaking Bad
  • Love, Death, and Robots
  • Gossip Girl 
  • Mad Men
  • On My Block
  • The Haunting of Hill House
  • Jericho
  • Anne with an E
  • The End of the F*** World
  • Maniac
  • Godless
  • Twin Peaks
  • Sex Education
  • iZombie
  • Good Girls
  • The Good Place
  • You
  • Shameless 

Some movies I love are:

• The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
  • Her
  • Coco
  • Extremely Wicked, Shocking Evil and Vile

I'm always watching new stuff though and this is what I could just dig up on my "watch again" and what I'm currently watching. 

• Like 2

watch The Mentalist it's the best show evur (it was removed from netflix but ITS SO GOOOD)

Also

• Rick and morty
  • Gravity falls
  • Sherlock
  • Brooklyn99
  • Doctor who
  • Misfits
  • white collar
  • lucifer
  • hilda
  • the good place
  • the dragon prince
  • the umbrella academy

they al good

• Like 1

I've been watching The Good Place too.  Great show so far- I'm down to the last few episodes I think.

Dexter is a hella good show! I've watched it like 5 times.

I'd recommend Sherlock as a show! If you like crime solving shows its definitely a good one.

On the topics of movies, I'd recommend Extremely Wicked Shockingly Evil and Vile.

Not necessarily a Netflix show, but if you have Amazon Prime, I'd recommend Psych! Its probably one of my favorite shows and I constantly watch it. The comedy is great!

Are you big on horror movies or documentaries?

The Punisher is definitely one of my favorite shows on Netflix. I'm pretty upset they cancelled Season 3 :( 

• Like 1