Cassie

Words of advice?

I came home today feeling happy, because it's a three day weekend (we get tomorrow off from school). I went to see my grandparents, because they're leaving tomorrow on a cruise. And I found out from them that my brother's oldest friend, someone who I also hung out with and occasionally played videogames with, died today. He had muscular dystrophy. He was going to go to college in the fall. He was going to graduate from high school. I can't remember my last words to him. Something stupid, probably. I ended up feeling horrible earlier and just gave up on life. I feel better now, but he's still gone. At this point I'm atheist/agnostic so I doubt I'll ever see him again. As I get older I'll forget his voice and his face probably.

You never know when the last time you see someone is. I don't know why life exists, we're just here, and we do stuff in the short amount of time we're here because we think doing stuff is what we need to do. We make connections with people, but in the end these connections are going to end in sadness when someone has to leave. That's not horrible. Neither is having nothing, really. I'm just trying to say that you should value the people in your life. I hope I haven't failed at saying that at least.

“I said, I want to tell you something.

She said, you can tell me tomorrow.

I had never told her how much I loved her.
She was my sister.
We slept in the same bed.
There was never a right time to say it.
It was always unnecessary.
The books in my father's shed were sighing.
The sheets were rising and falling around me with Anna's breathing.
I thought about waking her.
But it was unnecessary.
There would be other nights.
And how can you say I love you to someone you love?
I rolled onto my side and fell asleep next to her.
Here is the point of everything I have been trying to tell you ... It's always necessary.”
―Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Sorry duc it hurts when you lose someone close to you especially when you’re young but you’ll learn to cope with it and understand it more I hope you feel better no one deserves to feel like this especially at a young age.

Visit GameTracker.com for the latest game server information!

[Former] PVK Manager  Anarchy Admin 

One of my best friends shot himself in the face in high school (about 3 years ago). He didn't seem like the kind of person that would do that, though he did and that's in the past. I also remember that the last words I told him were pretty stupid, and I also remember the school gathering all the students in the library to talk about him. We also had a mass in the library, and a small gathering of all the friends and family that got to know him. I remember that we would pack on each other (fuck around and call each other names, basically bully each other), though he never revealed this other side of himself. Apparently he was depressed because his mom and stepdad abused him at home (something that wasn't present in school), and his best friend was distraught, nearly killed himself in the bathroom. Anyways, his mom apparently committed suicide too 2 weeks after, and left behind 2 daughters.

Anyways, moral of the story is, if you're thinking of going suicidal, just don't do it. 

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

To keep advice simple here's my input:

Everyone dies at a point in time, and there's always 3 ways to go about it. Either you can:

1. Cry, mope, and feel bad that they're gone

2. Believe they went to a better, painless place (if you're religious) which is nothing to be sad about for them

Or

3. You have to step up and start living your life the best you can in their memory, because noone wants their death to hurt anybody else's future. 

Your choice

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

An old friend of mine died 6 years ago by drowning. It wasn't suicide, he was pushed into the water and he got stuck and couldn't go to the surface. It was on the first day of summer break of 2013 and I regret not talking to him more, as we mainly talked about videogames.

I remember his favourite game series was Bioshock, and his favourite one was Bioshock Infinite.

He was still young (14 iirc) and he was the only child, so his parents are going through great grieve to this day. I felt horrible I couldn't go to his funeral as my parents couldn't take me and my other relatives didn't offer to take me with them.

That being said, spend time with your friends as much as you can, enjoy your time with them because it's always unknown when their time comes.

My condolences to you and his family and friends. My advice is the only option I had back when I lost my friend (and my grandfather but that's a different situation/topic) which is to not dwell on these losses for too long or it'll keep me from living my own life too. As much as I loved them, moving on is good for the sake of happiness and living life better.

Best of luck! 💕

original.gif

Achievements

Keep your head up.  Believe me when I tell you I know it’s hard.  I lost one of my best friends brothers to a heroine overdose.  I do remember the last time we hung out and what the words were that was said just because of how close it was.  Losing someone that’s a part of your life is one of the biggest challenges and downs that life is going to throw at you.  Remember the good times, they’re in a better place now. Stay strong my friend, it’s going to get better, I promise you.

1869790287_thorgiphy.gif.a5585d3368c586a7d7f25bad5ff4bc7a.gif

Current: TTT Admin

Public Relations

Losing the ones you care for is a normal part of life, I hate it and have been impacted by just as much as you have.

The quote that really helps me through the death of friends/loved ones are "Don't be sad that it's over, be glad that it happened!"

My friend, Ron, recently passed away from this, but I knew him better in real life and less about his gaming life.

Some advice I received from my professor when a close friend passed away a while ago was to live two lives: One for ourselves, and one in continuation and honour of our loved ones.  I'm beginning to many lives, but I'll do the best that I can.

I'm sorry for your loss.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152