Soviet

My ban appeal

I'll just get right into it, I messed up. People have told me several times that I need to cool down and not post so many lewd images or expose other members, and they're right, I was wrong and I see where everyone is coming from looking back at it. But I don't think I was warned properly on my last mistake. Royce just deleted the photo and didn't really do anything else, it's supposed to be a 3 day ban not a perma ban. The guidelines were not followed in my opinion  (sorry Royce).  I should've gotten a warn of some sort that did not happen  until later on. However, I want to let you know that I've learned my lesson, I won't post anything nsfw if you let me back, I know I've done wrong and I want to leave it behind, I want to be apart of this community again. 

Posted  Edited by VilhjalmrF - Edit Reason: only*

You had 15+ infractions within the last year. 3rd NSFW, and doxing has always been a permaban. 

I was the one who took the initiative to have Royce permaban you, and the only thing that has stopped you from being banned recently was Winter practically begging us to not count it as doxing. 

I would compromise on removing the ban, but in exchange, you'd be permanently restricted from posting images or reactions. 

Edited by VilhjalmrF
only*

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Ben - Edit Reason: I fixed this for you, Skittlez. Fucking Grammarly.
5 hours ago, Soviet said:

I'll just get right into it, I messed up. People have told me several times that I need to cool down and not post so many lewd images or expose other members, and they're right, I was wrong and I see where everyone is coming from looking back at it. But I don't think I was warned properly on my last mistake. Royce just deleted the photo and didn't really do anything else, it's supposed to be a 3 day ban not a perma ban. The guidelines were not followed in my opinion  (sorry Royce).  I should've gotten a warn of some sort that did not happen  until later on. However, I want to let you know that I've learned my lesson, I won't post anything nsfw if you let me back, I know I've done wrong and I want to leave it behind, I want to be apart of this community again. 

Okay Soviet, I'm not one to let things get to me but this just seems to rub me the wrong way and I'll explain why. 

As you have most likely noticed, I've marked your appeal in red text noting the parts I'd like to discuss.

People have told me several times that I need to cool down 

I get this totally. A lot of the time in general and many other channels regulars and staff will be very chill and tell people to stop doing the negative action they're doing so that they don't get punished. A prime example of this is Amelie telling Harry to quit, which she does a lot. (Love you Harry 😉) I would assume these people that are asking you to "cool down" most likely would favor you not being banned and have you stay being part of the community, as you mentioned. But, as I mentioned, this began to rub me wrong later on...

they're right

Okay, so you are clearly acknowledging that the people asking you to "cool down" are fully aware of the rules and so are you. Knowing that what you're doing is wrong/controversial, continuing to do it even though members of the community have asked you to stop "several times" yet...

I don't think I was warned properly

Excuse me... 

it's supposed to be a 3 day ban not a perm ban ... The guidelines were not followed in my opinion

Soviet... come on man... You don't believe you were warned properly; which warning? The 15+ warning that were logged or the "several" occasions that members and staff asked you to cool down? I'm not sure if you're seeing what I'm getting at but I'll make it clear just in case you don't...

You have broken the rules, clearly, and have stated that you understand you've broken the rules and "learned your lesson" yet you have continued to do it over and over again. And instead of an appeal with an appoligy, you claim that Royce did not follow the guidelines by banning you for 3 days so that you could come back to continue posting controversial content... This rubs me so hard the wrong way and I don't usually let stuff like this get to me but the way you've worded this makes it seem like you put no thought into this appeal. And considering that you have the audacity to call out our moderator for punishing you after you've stated that you were aware of the rules and had been told to "cool down" on several occasions is very ballsy. Anyways, I'll leave it at that and let you think about what I've said. If you'd like to discuss anything I've said or believe I've misinterpreted your appeal, please, send me a private message through the forums or a discord message (Skittlez#0001). I won't be sparking a flame in this appeal. 

My vote is currently to uphold the ban and allow another appeal after two months. Other moderators feel free to comment on what I've said or @ me in the #mod-chat. Apologies if I've come off rude, Soviet. 

Thanks, Skittlez. 

Edited by Ben
I fixed this for you, Skittlez. Fucking Grammarly.

Posted  Edited by Soviet

I understand what you mean Skittles, I'm saying that he didn't warm me with the Command or say "Soviet wtf dude" and I would've taken it down. But that's exactly why I got banned in the first place, for nsfw obviously, and now after I realized that (cue 5head emote) I am sorry, it was stupid of me to post any of the pics. I should've realized that maybe it's a bad idea to run my luck again and now I'm here because of it, and I've had time to think about it. Also towards the end of my appeal I did a semi apology, I could do better than that though, I'm not much of a typer or writer. Also people have had problems with mods and that's just the way it is sometimes, it be like that you know. I'm willing to throw it aside and not post anything nsfw anymore, idc if you guys take away my image permissions, i just want a fresh start. (Also btw when I said I wasn't warned properly I just meant with Royce) 

Edited by Soviet

Soviet, I warned you to stop very shortly before you got banned and you said you would stop breaking rules and that you understand.

… why? I'm legitimately confused. How can you not realise you are breaking rules?

original.gif

Achievements

7 hours ago, Korowa said:

Soviet, I warned you to stop very shortly before you got banned and you said you would stop breaking rules and that you understand.

… why? I'm legitimately confused. How can you not realise you are breaking rules?

I know Korowa, I messed up. I just got carried away with what I posted and I payed the price. I got banned because I didn't listen to you or the other mods when I should've, I was stubborn and I didn't really care about the rules before, but now after what happened, if I go back to GFL, I'm going to be very careful with what I post, I mean it. 

After speaking to Soviet on this matter, I've come to the conclusion that he's struggling with his control of himself when it comes to following the rules. He doesn't have bad intentions, but his sense of humor and interests don't exactly conform with the rules of the server. He needs to learn to respect the rules of the Discord, and to control himself, and therefore personally I think it would be best to remove his ban but keep the restrictions that Wiggles suggested. Of course it's not my decision but I'd like to make it known that Soviet isn't some villain that is breaking the rules because he feels like it.

@Soviet - You're apologizing, but still making excuses. I know exactly what you're trying to say but it also looks like you're using them to cover your own ass. Just own up to it and ditch the excuses and accusations. Even though you didn't mean badly, I still believe you're the one at fault here. Just stop incriminating yourself.

Aspiring OWL Player

Official Fat Cunt of GFL

• Former GFL Council Member
  • Former Deathrun Server Manager
  • Former Murder Server Manager (2x)
  • Former Forum/Discord/TS Moderator
  • Former Member Acceptor
  • Former Prop Hunt Admin
  • Former Breach Admin
  • Former Ragdoll Combat Admin
  • Former Hide and Seek Admin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

76561198080414294.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ad0d7752f3af933e823242707f002882.png

7ca15ba2adfc1cca1bbdd1b0e2899323.png

8a1fc7db81c9f9c55efeb06616369387.png

a23834bee8bd262ab85ddc004d8a52d4.png

37c2106e984c072a98986b80abc62302.png

ac8e16c80959c1400d7f78eb08d82b9a.png

d987b48e16877f03d3f4bd471f7a167d.png

7c3ddae8149571527b4fd382077c386b.png

addedjittogroupgay.png.b9cd0e35765a9eb4289086eb110830ed.png

crusty.PNG.ff0ad7f19b0b472ee3cf36cffd1138a4.PNG

eatcakeandcry.PNG.c3e7a72409b2c1a1bca7a659d6b0d5c5.PNG

fuckijustnutted.png.288a102240b0b61679c2a06089a8b4fb.png

quesadillaorriot.PNG.694be1708aeccc1771da16873fb0705b.PNG

Ok, no excuses, I screwed up many, many times. I am at fault, it got out of hand and I wasn't listening to anyone and acting like  a jerk to the people who were trying to help me, I accept that. And I'm ready to come back, if you accept me or not is your choice, take away my roles, reactions, whatever you guys think is best. I didn't think about what I posted and how it would affect me or the community, it was my mistake, please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not mad at any of you, I completely deserved it. 

So here's what we're gonna do.

This appeal is denied. 

That being said, you can appeal again one month from the day you were banned. This means you can submit another appeal on may 20th.

• Guest locked this topic