Ben

[SPOILER] Avengers: Endgame discussion

LEAVE THIS TOPIC IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SEEN IT, OTHERWISE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED 

That fat Thor though. This movie is pretty amazing, and I liked the battle scene. I knew that my theory about Steve going back in time to retire and be with his love of his life. It's a great way to build or up from last 11 years.

76561198043643390.png

Okay, so this is the thing that my friend and I were discussing. After Tony snapped his fingers everyone came back, right. Well, here's the thing that doesn't make that much sense: 

Once he snapped his fingers all people and animals removed(?) by Thanos were suddenly reinvented. The one scene where Spider-Man went back to school to see his friend and his friend asked "Where have you been" as if he was missing for a long time. Everyone else was sorrowful because they missed them. Is it just me or would everyone be a little more surprised that millions of people just came back to life with no explanation? And it wouldn't make sense to remove their memories because how far back would you move their memories? There was a 5-year time lapse between Thanos' snapping his fingers and Hulk/Tony's snap. I just don't see how school randomly would be back to normal, people walking around all happy and whatnot. 

I get that they're trying to make a happy ending but still. It didn't really make that much sense. I could be explaining this poorly and if I am just say so. I'll try to look up some clips so I can source what I'm trying to say.

2 minutes ago, Skittlez said:

The one scene where Spider-Man went back to school to see his friend and his friend asked "Where have you been" as if he was missing for a long time.

3 minutes ago, Skittlez said:

I just don't see how school randomly would be back to normal, people walking around all happy and whatnot. 

I think this will be explained in Far From Home, knowing that it is the final film of Phase 3.

76561198043643390.png

I was glad to see captain marvel get punched by thanos holding the power stone, showing she wasn't as powerful as we thought she was.

4 hours ago, Skittlez said:

Okay, so this is the thing that my friend and I were discussing. After Tony snapped his fingers everyone came back, right. Well, here's the thing that doesn't make that much sense: 

Once he snapped his fingers all people and animals removed(?) by Thanos were suddenly reinvented. The one scene where Spider-Man went back to school to see his friend and his friend asked "Where have you been" as if he was missing for a long time. Everyone else was sorrowful because they missed them. Is it just me or would everyone be a little more surprised that millions of people just came back to life with no explanation? And it wouldn't make sense to remove their memories because how far back would you move their memories? There was a 5-year time lapse between Thanos' snapping his fingers and Hulk/Tony's snap. I just don't see how school randomly would be back to normal, people walking around all happy and whatnot. 

I get that they're trying to make a happy ending but still. It didn't really make that much sense. I could be explaining this poorly and if I am just say so. I'll try to look up some clips so I can source what I'm trying to say.

Basically, they only bought back the ones who lost someone. Spiderman's friend was confused as to how he was alive even though he mourn for his death. Not everyone was brought back from the past, there are still a lot of others they couldn't bring back at all. They only bought back what they can bring back within the snap of a finger. I guess you could say not many had or feel that it was necessary to bring them back, because it could be good or bad, they could be the same person or not. Depending on how much sanity is kept. Removing a memory is like removing something important to you. Even though it's not a good memory, but at least they went through it. Keeping it locked and gone away makes it worse. They'll just keep having weird nightmares of something that happened in an alternative world or another time period but just not the world they in because of time change. When Hulk snapped his fingers, it went back in time for a bit, it didn't go entirely through. But when he did that, he didn't do on time. Thanos was bought back into the future when they went through the portal from past nebula's controller when they took hostage of the present nebula. So Thanos was already here with the avengers when hulk snapped his fingers and passed out. Then that's when Thanos and his men shot the explosive down. It only turned back time for certain area or for certain section of people. Like for Spiderman, his last memory was before the fight with Thanos (he was there just wasn't actually fighting him yet), and Ant-Man bought him into the current time period stating how there's another time period blahblah. So the gemstones is like the 5 w and how. They need to know when they going back in time, who they're bringing back, why they're doing it, where the people they're bringing back from and what is it for. They found the how which is everything they've done within the snap of the gemstones power. Not everyone lost people and uh I think Captain America stated that he was trying to make people move on. The ones that didn't feel anything are probably the ones that was bought back to life but in alternative world/time. They didn't show much feelings is probably the reason.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Guest SkydivingSquid
Posted  Edited by SkydivingSquid

1. Bringing everyone back without changing anything from the last 5 years is bound to have some shit consequences. Husbands, wives getting remarried - how complicated. Loved ones having died in those 5 years - so you get brought back to life and your loved one is dead. That sucks. Getting brought back as a kid and realizing your class (well... half your class) aged 5 years and are way ahead of you. That sucks. That high school crush is now way out of your league. . . // OR what if you “respawn” in a location that had something in the way? Like what if they built a building over you, or a car, or something like that? Do you “respawn” and “glitch die?”. // What happened to pregnant mothers who were ash’d away, but their fetus wasn't selected? Did they both get ashed, do they count as one, does the fetus get left behind and die? And finally, what if you were at home mid-shit when you got snapped away - but in those 5 years your house was destroyed and they built a pre-school over it, and you get snapped back, only to realize you are now taking a massive hanging dump in front of 30 pre-school children with your pants around your ankles... do you go to prison? 

2. Why didn’t another hero pick up the glove and snap to return Iron Man, Hulk, and themselves to full health. I mean, if it can do anything, couldn’t it also grant them protection from the stones’ power? - Why not have Nebula do it? 

3. Totally called it that Black Widow was going to take the fall and that they’d go back for more particles to time travel more. I’m a little upset that I didn’t call Captain America going back and staying. 

4. How in the ever living f*ck are they going to return the Soul Stone. Red skull dude is going to be one confused mother f*cker. 

Edited by SkydivingSquid

The movie itself though was amazing in my opinion. I have never cried because of a movie, but I have watched all the movies mulitple time. Along with that, Iron Man was the first superhero movie I ever watched and he was my favorite. I was sobbing like shit at the end honestly, but overall I was astonished how the movie turned out. 

For your comments on time travel, I honestly have no idea how they are going to explain the whole “bring people back to live”. I know they have confirmed movies for the future and apparently they are about to confirm more, so maybe they will explain there? It is an interesting question. 

However, my question is what movies are coming in the future? I heard there will be a new Iron Man? Is that actually a thing? Will Sam (the new Captin American I guess) have his own movie? Personally, I’m excited for the next Spider Man, Guardians of The Galaxy, And Doctor Strange. I cant wait to see what Marvel brings us in the near future! 

I know you are just asking and stating your opinion in general but I still wanted to answer the two questions you had  😁 

@SkydivingSquid

1. I'm not sure on this one since it was more of what time space they selected as their home and whether as you said things changed or not. They only show what changed around the super heroes. They didn't really show much of other people's lives, and that's how it's always been. In any movies, they never show anything related to another side character's story. They only show the main characters. So even if you want to know whether or not your questions are answered will always remain unknown because of how the story was written. But if you want to compare with how it's been like from the plan they had, then the only choice is what you already stated. They probably moved on, or it's a whole set of different people from different time periods. Like for example, you mentioned about the pregnant woman. Let's say they bought back the woman but she wasn't pregnant, because it was during the time of the way, and they don't want people from that time period so they tried to replace what happen then to what happened now. I hope you get what I'm saying, it's like she was never pregnant and that time period was erased from history or memory.

2. Because it will destroy the time period they had already planned to get. And when you use the gemstones all together when they snapped, it sends extremely evil tension to your mind and body. Hulk couldn't handle it even if he was big and strong and his thoughts were all positive. For a person to control five stones had to be strong enough to fight back the evil thingy. The stones were separated for a reason, when together it's dark and powerful. Like when hulk snapped his fingers, it looked like the building was located in a dessert after it was destroyed. It was complete sand, so how it was snapped depended on how much thoughts hulk was trying to do. Iron Man knew he wasn't going to make it through, but he had to save everyone. He made it where they did kill Thanos and his team entirely but also making sure everyone was still alive. He made two different time space, one which was the current time from the beginning and the other was before Thanos destroyed the entire world. It was amazing that he could do that but the gemstones I think they didn't want to use it anymore because it could kill them like what happened to iron Man or what happened to how injured hulk is. Even if they do use it, it cannot bring back Iron Man and Black Widow because they were already in that time space. Even if they tried to bring back a past-self it's like they never existed. That's why they couldn't bring back Black Widow when they had the power and time to. It was impossible.

I won't answer the other two since it was your personal opinion 😀

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

You know the scene in Spider-Man: Homecoming, where Peter was exploring modes in the suit, and then there's instant kill mode? I've always wondered what it does, until in Endgame, I was like "Oh, that's what it does, nice"

Youtube link with Scarlet Witch getting her revenge to kick Thanos's ass, and Spider-man using instant kill mode:

14 hours ago, SkydivingSquid said:

I’m a little upset that I didn’t call Captain America going back and staying. 

I called it a few months more back. It made sense for him to go back in his own time, everyone were basically dismissing it.

76561198043643390.png

Found Q and A thread, which was transcripted. Some of those questions can be answered. Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/bj0it4/joe_russos_qa_about_the_plot_of_avengers_endgame/

On 4/29/2019 at 12:32 PM, Skittlez said:

The one scene where Spider-Man went back to school to see his friend and his friend asked "Where have you been" as if he was missing for a long time. Everyone else was sorrowful because they missed them. Is it just me or would everyone be a little more surprised that millions of people just came back to life with no explanation?

Q: What about those people who got dusted? What did those five years mean to them? Why didn't they grow older when undusted?

A: Yes, those people whom was lucky to survive the snap are 5 years older than the people who just got back. The reason Spider Man saw his friend again in high school at the end was simply because his friends was unfortunately also dusted like Spider Man was. Of course, there are people in his grade whom didn't die and they are probably already in colleges by now. To those dusted people, they had no conscious in these past 5 years. They didn't know what happened. It's as if they had just woke up from a long sleep. The only one who was aware about how many years has passed was Doctor Strange, because he has already seen that when he was time mediating on Titan. Parker's reunion with Ned was a touching moment. There are also people whom indeed moved on but suddenly was reunited with their lost ones. Yeah it's kind a complicated world now.

22 hours ago, SkydivingSquid said:

How in the ever living f*ck are they going to return the Soul Stone. Red skull dude is going to be one confused mother f*cker. 

Q: How would Cap react when he encounter Red Skull when he returned the stone?

A: Red Skull would probably put the soul stone back to its location, and wait for the next unfortunate stone seeker to make sacrifice. Cap and Red Skull probably won't fight. It's because it's his mission to return the stone to its original place. The Red Skull is also no longer the same Red Skull from FA. He is more like a ghost, you could almost say he's a completely different entity now. He only exists to guard the stone, his past conscious may or may not exist anymore.

22 hours ago, SkydivingSquid said:

2. Why didn’t another hero pick up the glove and snap to return Iron Man, Hulk, and themselves to full health. I mean, if it can do anything, couldn’t it also grant them protection from the stones’ power? - Why not have Nebula do it? 

Q: Why Iron Man has to be the one to do the final snap, couldn't the people like Thor, Star-Lord or Captain Marvel whom all previously have handled the power of Infinity Stones done it instead?

A: Thor in this movie couldn't do it, only Hulk was strong enough to do the snap without dying. We are still not sure whether Captain Marvel can also withstand all the power of Infinity Stones at once. The reason we choose to let Iron Man do it in the end was because he was the closest one to Thanos at the time. In all the futures Doctor Strange foresee, Iron Man was the only one who could get close to Thanos and do the snap. People usually think the death of a hero is a horrible tragedy. But we think this is different. When his death was able to bring back hope, to save half of the universe, then his death was powerful and meaningful. We shouldn't feel too sad or angry about it.

---

I think in general, this QA is pretty nice and decent. This question has actually made me curious...

Q: Peggy Carter was probably already married and in her mid 40s in 1970, in that case what year was it that Captain America went back to dance with her?

A: We can't answer it for now, this is a story that happened in an alternate reality. Maybe it will be revealed in the future. 

This means Chris Evans might return, and we might see a movie in '1940s based in another alternate reality. This is very interesting...

76561198043643390.png

13 hours ago, Ben said:

Yeah it's kind a complicated world now.

I think this sums up everything, lol.

But in all seriousness, this is really exciting and I’m glad they have plans to expand the story. Hopefully there is a 1940’s movie; I think that’d be cool.

Finally saw it today. Absolutely amazing, especially with that huge battle at the end and where Steve took Thor's hammer and beat the shit out of Thanos. I don't think I've ever smiled that much while watching a movie. I also loved Tony's sendoff since he's the one that started the entire MCU as a character.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058101056/

76561198058101056.pngAddFriend.png

"...You do a thing and it becomes the paint others will use on their canvas

of the internet for their memes" - Michael Stevens, Vsauce

2014 - 2020

Thanks for the good times, kings.

Former Global Admin

Achievements

captain marvel is obnoxiously op and needs to be nerfed so fucking hard. PLEASE.  P L E A S E 

XdC3XEf.jpg

┍━━—━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑

spacer.png

┕━━—━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙