BeatBoxBattleMe

New Sourceban File Image/File Type

Posted  Edited by BeatBoxBattleMe

One of the key features to being admin is to have the ability to ban. As we all know, the worst ban that one can receive is a "Permanent Ban". These "permanent' bans are usually required to have a demo uploaded with them, so that there is proof to the reason why a person receive that ban.

However, I quickly ran into an issue when it came to uploading demos, which was my computer not being able to convert the pictures to one of file types provided to upload a demo. The result is that I cannot even upload a demo due to not having the right file type.

What I am suggesting is that are we able to change the file types in sourcebans? I completely understand if we cannot due to sourcebans being an outside company that we use, but can someone do a tutorial on how to convert their images to the right one? I tried looking online and I found no success, so all I am asking for is some help! 

Thank you,

BeatBoxBattleMe

Edited by BeatBoxBattleMe

I'm not sure whether this is possible or not but my advice is what ttt does:

Pictures can be put on imgur or gyazo and turned into a link (or discord, as long as it turns into a link) and put into comments 

Demo files don't work on anything but gmod as far as i remember so I'd suggest using some other software to record (win-10 has a built in recorder) then upload to youtube, and again posting the link in the comment section of the ban. 

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

2 minutes ago, WigglesWorth said:

Pictures can be put on imgur or gyazo and turned into a link (or discord, as long as it turns into a link) and put into comments 

Okay now that is something that I can do. Thank you! 

7 minutes ago, Xy_ said:

try zipping the file(s)

See that was my first thought too, but I have a program running call SharedX. That program transfers my screenshots to “Imgur” file. Through that program I couldn’t find anything to make it Zip. That’s why I asked if anyone knew a way. 

9 minutes ago, BeatBoxBattleMe said:

See that was my first thought too, but I have a program running call SharedX. That program transfers my screenshots to “Imgur” file. Through that program I couldn’t find anything to make it Zip. That’s why I asked if anyone knew a way. 

We can edit the SB php files but for obvious reasons we would like to avoid that as much as possible.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

1 minute ago, Xy_ said:

We can edit the SB php files but for obvious reasons we would like to avoid that as much as possible.

Understandable! I think I will stick with putting the link in the comments. Unless that is not a good way. 

Just now, BeatBoxBattleMe said:

Understandable! I think I will stick with putting the link in the comments. Unless that is not a good way. 

That is the preferred way :)

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Posted  Edited by Malal
10 hours ago, BeatBoxBattleMe said:

I assume you mean ShareX, it doesn't have a zip feature, just do this to make a zip

https://0x0.st/zTby.webm It's better to use something like 7zip but if you're lazy this works

Also you can change ShareX settings to save images locally or upload them to a different host ,I wouldn't recommend imgur they randomly delete shit and compress files over 2mb as well as rate limits

Edited by Malal