so um, the server looks dead again, I don't know what happened to all those Australian people. Probably because we had no admins that fit their hours of the day. I'm not blaming anyone for this 2nd death, seams that there's some life on the weekends. Most importantly what might have been a factor is the server crashes, I believe in Dalaw to get this fixed. So let's keep trying to keep this server alive! I won't be so active on the server for a bit for 2 reasons. The server is dead, and its mothers day weekend, I will be gone spending time with my mom. I hope you all do too. Dalaw has done everything in his power to help the server, so Dalaw if you're reading this, take some time off and spend it with your mom. and if you don't have a mom, spend it with someone else mom. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Image result for thanos head chopped off

btw this is just fan art or something not a spoiler. OR IS IT?!?!?! (☞゚∀゚)☞

Server crashes did kill the server. It got to 50+ players two weeks ago until it crashed three times in a row (at the rate it was going, I could have seen it being at 60 - 70 players). Once the server crashes are fixed (along with ensuring the server is optimized for performance) and we get to 16 - 32+ players again (the server achieves a better rating in the server browser when it breaks 16, 32, and 64 players), the server will start taking off.

Thanks.

• Like 3

I mean this is already known that the server is dead

I wanted a revive but now I see that it was a waste 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 3:10 PM, TheJitFace said:

I mean this is already known that the server is dead

I wanted a revive but now I see that it was a waste 

Now, hold up. I wouldn’t be out here calling it “a waste”. You got ONE person out here trying to make changes to the server and figure out what’s going on. I’m not sucking ass to Law because of my relation to him, it’s just straight facts. I’ve said before in Wayne’s post, this takes time. This server has been gone for how long? You can’t expect 100 people everyday.

I do agree with the others in the comments about fixing the issues we have now, and that would make a change in population. But what does that consist of? The time and people. There’s very little time for one person. He’s not a magic genie. 

Anyone can take their time off from the server because of minor issues all they’d like. But don’t have unrealistic expectations when this server just recently came back. If anyone is dedicated to this server as much as they say they are, they will contribute their time, and support it. That’s all I have to say.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 10:24 PM, OneBitGaming said:

I don't know what happened to all those Australian people. Probably because we had no admins that fit their hours of the day.

I am doing my part in attempting to fix this. My work schedule is starting to be mostly nights, so I am up all night and sleep all day. And I am starting to do this when not at work either. 

Hopefully this will allow for those Australian's to play peacefully. There were a few that I actually liked.

12 hours ago, Mejilla said:

Now, hold up. I wouldn’t be out here calling it “a waste”. You got ONE person out here trying to make changes to the server and figure out what’s going on. I’m not sucking ass to Law because of my relation to him, it’s just straight facts. I’ve said before in Wayne’s post, this takes time. This server has been gone for how long? You can’t expect 100 people everyday.

I do agree with the others in the comments about fixing the issues we have now, and that would make a change in population. But what does that consist of? The time and people. There’s very little time for one person. He’s not a magic genie. 

Anyone can take their time off from the server because of minor issues all they’d like. But don’t have unrealistic expectations when this server just recently came back. If anyone is dedicated to this server as much as they say they are, they will contribute their time, and support it. That’s all I have to say.

I am not claiming that Law hasn’t done anything, he has done a lot for the server. I am saying that purge most likely will not be as successful as before when @Cypher was the manager. The server keeps crashing which is major issue, but it is being fixed. The grind on the server isn’t fun and is honestly just underwhelming, and again I believe @DaLaw is also fixing that. I shouldn’t have said waste, but there is a lot of work to do. 

Edited by TheJitFace
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DaPainWayne said:

I am doing my part in attempting to fix this. My work schedule is starting to be mostly nights, so I am up all night and sleep all day. And I am starting to do this when not at work either. 

Hopefully this will allow for those Australian's to play peacefully. There were a few that I actually liked.

The issue isn’t that people don’t want to join, the problem is when they do join, the servers flaws are just too much for the new players. As previously mentioned, Law is trying to fix the server, but some people need to understand that the issue isn’t people aren’t joining, the issue is when they join, their experience is not the best. AFKing on the sever is a great thing and something admins should do and I’m not saying not to, I’m saying that people need to understand the main issue isn’t people aren’t joining, it’s the user experience. And this isn’t an attack lol

• Like 1

Gotta agree with Jit. There's nothing really encouraging people to stay aside from the community at the moment considering there aren't an abundance of RP jobs and the server being pretty broken atm isn't very encouraging Technically speaking, it's not very "new player friendly." Also @Mejilla, OG Purge was max population all the time from the get go after having adequate hype and tutorials put out to encourage new players. This Purge server had a good population from the start for at least 2 weeks but lost it all due to having ZERO hype (it was flung onto people), poor management, inconsistent staff, and a lack of fixes to issues in the server. Law is just unlucky and has voluntarily picked up the shit end of the stick, with good intentions ofc but a shit end nonetheless. I think he's better off taking the server down, cleaning it up, and rereleasing it with hype/advertising it as new and improved. Purge CAN get the member base it had before in its golden days but right now, it doesn't have a chance. 

Edited by Omid
  • Like 2
  • Winner 1

This is going to bug me.

So the population went up once and then dimmed out. It was in around a week span?

I don't want to call a lucky 50 players on PURGE ALIVE AGAIN. It was luck in my opinion.

And if the server gets back up to 30 or 40 in a night then the next day it dies? Is there going to be another post about it?

It was "alive" for a few days and sadly died because of a shitty error with crashing (Which is trying to be fixed)

This isn't directed towards anyone but everytime it gets pop and goes down stop making posts about it.

What is posting about it going to do? Nothing. Butter posted about the server crash and you're correct.

Posting about a thought of why it died is different than posting HEY GUYS IT DIED again. (Not saying this is that, but there has been MULTIPLE posts everytime it "dies")

Fact is I'm stressed and I am busy at times. The lack of motivation I have to try and do stuff with barely any responses to questions I have or things that I don't know of, drains me. (Not blaming just a rant) But I am working on it.

Currently : New map edits, new jobs, new cars, then a system that tracks kills and gives the top killer money.

The To do list :  https://trello.com/b/seKFR3dz/gfl-gmod-purge

Things are not going to get good atm, and I will be blunt. I am not looking at this in the short run, but in the long run. Things are going to take time and it's gonna suck but hopefully it will work out.

2 hours ago, Omid said:

This Purge server had a good population from the start for at least 2 weeks but lost it all due to having ZERO hype (it was flung onto people), poor management, inconsistent staff, and a lack of fixes to issues in the server. Law is just unlucky and has voluntarily picked up the shit end of the stick, with good intentions ofc but a shit end nonetheless. I think he's better off taking the server down, cleaning it up, and rereleasing it with hype/advertising it as new and improved. Purge CAN get the member base it had before in its golden days but right now, it doesn't have a chance.  

I agree with almost all of this, and you know I do. You, Alejandro, Zangie, Beatbox, Glitch, and myself have all talked about the flaws it had and why it died.

Even Cypher talked to me about it. Like I said before and like Omid said. "Purge can get the member base it had"

It just boils down to the long run and I am focused on that.

Edited by DaLaw
  • Like 5

Achievements

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.