JuxyGG

Very Low FPS on Zombie Server

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had tips for boosting fps on zombie escape servers? I'm averaging like 30 rn in huge gun fights and its just dreadful at the moment. All my video settings are as low as possible already and no apps running in background. Any suggestions guys? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Shine

Posted  Edited by Rune

can you show me your PC specs?

my suggestion :
1. you can use !stopsound command to mute all players gun sounds except yourself, this command can increase your fps ( this command not really work for all category but at least for most conditions ).

2. make sure your PC is on good condition ( for example: PC is not dusty, etc ).
3. if u using NVIDIA graphic card you can settings your game performance via NVIDIA control panel ( manage 3D settings > Program settings tab > select a program customize for CSGO ).

Edited by Rune

tenor.gif

Outside of what you're currently doing and what Rune suggested, I don't think there's anything else you could do except upgrade your hardware unfortunately.

Performance is probably worse right now because areaportals have been broken since a CS:GO update around a month ago. Maps would use these to tell the client not to render certain parts of the map at times to save resources, however since the update this doesn't work and areaportals are just ignored.

Posted  Edited by JewBacca

Sometimes its out of your control, its also dependent on the kind of maps that are played, and server skins, some skins are very expensive, the default skin which is very cheap is no problem, however the vip skin that the server provides is very expensive, and definitely shouldnt be used on a server. In case you are curious its the skin that looks like a black death trooper. Its also dependent on the map and how optimized it is, that is up to the mapper, for the most part many maps use optimization methods like area portals, and as vauff said the recent update broke those area portals, which some maps utilize. Hopefully if valve can fix that situation then your FPS should increase, you would just have to wait. Regarding the vip skin, i suggested to the server that they change it, to something that does not make your computer struggle as much. As for the !stopsound command i dont think that contributes to your FPS in any way.

Edited by JewBacca

search "csgo fps boost" on youtube. it won't take long. but usually, you'll be recommended to download a certain cfg file (to reduce graphic quality) and changing you launch option. also try to disable any program that affect your laptop performance.

93896602_p0.jpg

I don’t think csgo FPS guides will help very much due to the vast difference between ze and every other game mode. My best suggestion would be to check out the client side hiding tutorial thread. I never tried it myself, but if it works like the hide commands on other servers it should give u a pretty great boost in FPS.

On 5/11/2019 at 5:58 AM, Vauff said:

Outside of what you're currently doing and what Rune suggested, I don't think there's anything else you could do except upgrade your hardware unfortunately.

Performance is probably worse right now because areaportals have been broken since a CS:GO update around a month ago. Maps would use these to tell the client not to render certain parts of the map at times to save resources, however since the update this doesn't work and areaportals are just ignored.

Weird, I have seen a 6% boost in average framerate and a 13-18% increase in minimum fps as of late (I use a demo for benchmarking).

11 hours ago, mikasa said:

search "csgo fps boost" on youtube. it won't take long. but usually, you'll be recommended to download a certain cfg file (to reduce graphic quality) and changing you launch option. also try to disable any program that affect your laptop performance.

These *can* work to a degree, but Valve themselves have recommended using default settings as that's what their testing suggests.

On 5/11/2019 at 4:09 AM, Bot_69 said:

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had tips for boosting fps on zombie escape servers? I'm averaging like 30 rn in huge gun fights and its just dreadful at the moment. All my video settings are as low as possible already and no apps running in background. Any suggestions guys? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Shine

Unfortunately not much can be done really. 30 fps seems quite low for a system like yours, but it depends on the map and server skins.

Try using -disable_d3d9ex  in launch options and see if your fps is better or not.

1 hour ago, Neiva said:

Weird, I have seen a 6% boost in average framerate and a 13-18% increase in minimum fps as of late (I use a demo for benchmarking).

That dxd93 thing is now enabled for all players, it's what makes fps better and faster alt tabs for most people

1 hour ago, Neiva said:

These *can* work to a degree, but Valve themselves have recommended using default settings as that's what their testing suggests. 

Valve's testing is retarded and only applies to 1% of PCs, they never even bothered to test intel cards one time so everyone using one would crash, probably why the optimization is so shit when they're doing that.

Valve's testing also only applies to shitty default 5v5 maps in 5v5 scenario where any laptop/pc made in the past 5 years will average 100 fps.

Although youtube fps tutorials are usually outdated and shit.

If you're really desperate for FPS you can make your game look like this, this is someone playing on a 10+ year old pc.

zAQC.png

Since you have similar cpu to mines, I can say its probably your cpu is being throttled because the temperatures are getting to high. One thing you can do you is disable steam overlay, you can't see your friends list or use the steam browser anymore though.

Untitled1.png.61b509dd05c72ac0ba9bc4833a0afbaf.png.

• 2 weeks later...