FrightZ

Media Team Application from FrightZ

My Age: 20

Roles: Music

Do I have any experience in the selected roles: Yes

Examples of my work:

Link to soundcloud: 

here i produce Drum & Bass but can adjust to any genre needed

Why I think I will be a good Creative Team member?

As a music producer, I can produce music from all types of genres for any purpose.

Would I consider making profit: Yes

I previously forgot to mention I have done video editing in the past for Welsh Streamer 'ReaperSteve' so I can also edit videos. I am also a streamer so if there is a stream team for GFL, I'd love to know more about that.

Sorry about the lack of replies, our team is a bit short staffed and busy irl. 

Now, I don't know if the application still has it but the music role was cancelled. 

If you provide example work for your video editing and streaming, we can start working on that. 

Achievements

For video editing, my vote is currently at a +1.

Your videos are not bad and if you are willing to learn you would be a great addition to the team. 

@JerryBomb what do you think? 

Edited by TheJitFace

Fantastic. I love your style of editing, and it's a big plus if you can stream well. The only issue I see is that you only recently joined GFL. I'd like to see more activity before I'm 100% sure I can accept you. Otherwise, we definitely need more video editors and streamers on the team, and if you're dedicated you'd be more than welcome aboard. 

Neutral for now. 

Achievements

Hi guys,
Thanks for your responses, that video was my first attempt at that style of video (meme-y comedy if anything) and I really enjoyed it, looking back on it I know there's a lot of things I could've done better and the video quality in terms of actual visual quality could've been better if I had the raw stream recording footage instead of getting clips off twitch (which kills quality by a fuck tonne).
I will try to engage with the community more on the discord as I use that mostly as I'm always at work or in and out of hospital (long story, will happily explain privately) so I mostly use discord to communicate with people anyways.
Thanks again for your responses!!

Edited by FrightZ

In terms of dedication, I will be able to fully commit to any projects and streaming over the next coming weeks and months as I'm not needed to basically live in hospital anymore xD

Hey @FrightZ, do you have any other names you use outside of GFL?

It would seem that the editor of said video is named I-AM-KAETO. Based on your email, I would assume that this is you? Need some confirmation.

Edited by Trigger
Correction

Although I'm a mere writer scrub, I have to say that his work is phenomenal. Although it's incredibly simple at times and it's a very classic approach, the mere subtlety of the work is great and sometimes simplicity is just all you need - never go overboard! I really love this guy's work and think he can be a great asset to the team. He is definitely trying to be more active in discord, maybe activity could improve on the forums so others might +1 you faster but right now it's a solid +1. Good luck!

How long, approximately, does it take you to edit your videos? We are in need of video editors and I've some projects I want to make but our editors are busy.

I apologise the application is taking a while. We will be discussing and we will hand you out a test soon.

Thank you for being patient!

On 5/19/2019 at 12:37 PM, FrightZ said:

Thanks Korowa, what kind of clips are you sending? Like Twitch clips for a compilation video or?

"Test" as in giving you a certain task to complete with or without clips given. Usually, clips aren't given unless there is a certain test with certain instructions. For my test, which was a long time ago lol, I had to record my own clips. Let us know if you need clips from us. 

@TheJitFace Ideally, the source clips straight from the creator is better for visual quality reasons - 3rd party downloader sites will only get you so far.

Also, depends what type of clips you’d want me to use, in essence, the desired end product (twitch highlights, comedy video, info/guide video, etc.)

Let me know via. Discord.

(P.S.: sorry i haven't been that active in the discord server, been feeling super sh*t mentally and physically recently)

Thanks!

I am extremely sorry for the very, very long wait. I will give you the test as soon as I get home. 

Sorry again. 

TEST:

YOU HAVE 2 CHOICES:

#1) Make a Frag Edit  *This will be a bit challenging, but will improve your skills* 

RULES:

- Any Game

- Any Music

- Synchronize music with Gameplay

- Basic Filters

- Minimum 45 Second Video

TIME LIMIT: NONE 

#2) Make a Video (however you interpret that): *Basically saying make something that you think with show off what you got*

RULES:

- none, you can do whatever you think is good

TIME LIMIT: NONE 

Good luck!

(Also thanks for the test template @CrusTi lol) 

Hey Jit, I think I’ll make another Twitch Highlights video as that is what I am most comfortable with but I will give a frag video a spin just to take me out my comfort-zone a bit to see what would go into that type of video - I’d end up making an MLG joke video out of it 😂 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FrightZ said:

Hey Jit, I think I’ll make another Twitch Highlights video as that is what I am most comfortable with but I will give a frag video a spin just to take me out my comfort-zone a bit to see what would go into that type of video - I’d end up making an MLG joke video out of it 😂 

That is good to hear, you are willing to try something new. If you want to make a frag video that is good, but if you think it is not your strong point, you can make a twitch highlights video. I am just seeing your ability on this test, but good luck and post it on here when you are finished. 

I just got asked by a Twitch Streamer for another Twitch Highlights video as well so perfect timing! 😂 Or do you have clips for me to use?

7 minutes ago, FrightZ said:

I just got asked by a Twitch Streamer for another Twitch Highlights video as well so perfect timing! 😂 Or do you have clips for me to use?

You can use the twitch streamer's clips.