JadedJade

New Moderation application

What is your TeamSpeak username and Discord ID? Laura (Fluffycreep)#7685 (Dont use ts3)

Which platforms are you applying for?

Forums

How would you describe your activity there?

Pretty good, I'm mostly a Lurker Though. (Explained More in the sections below)

Why are you interested in becoming a Moderator?

Well, Don't really know where to start with this, But i'll give it a shot.

Firstly, I'll be honest, I've just always had an Interest in any position that isn't Manager, DL, ETC, Anything of that sort.

I'm pretty decent at Breaking apart fights and Resolving conflicts, It's just something i've always had a Knack for, And it's something that hasn't changed my entire life, and i enjoy doing such.

in the years i've been on GFL i've seen stuff get out of Hand, Stuff get shoved to the side instead of being Handled Appropriately, While most were years ago and Situations i can't exactly recall (Don't really have good memory for things that were Many years ago), It's still stuff that i saw happen, And things i've always wanted to speak out about, But never had the Courage to do so.

To be clear on the Very first bit, really just, always had an interest in Moderator Positions, Or anything that's allowed to Break up a fight or Resolve a conflict (Mostly Stems for my interest in Law Enforcement, Weird comparison, but it Applies i guess), I've always been Pretty good at Picking up whats going on Around me, and what needs to be done about it, Whether it's simply Telling someone they need to Go and chill for a moment, and come back calm and collected, Or Manually having to Remove someone from the situation until they've cleared their head and are ready to be Civil again.

Secondly, To give back to the Community i've been part of for so long, Atleast i'd like to think 6 years is a long time.

It may not be Necessary, But i've always been one to Give back, When given to.

I've always looked at GFL as something that changed my Life, Because it has, Mostly for the better, But changed Nonetheless, And i feel like Offering help is the least i could for something that's changed me at my Core.

Thirdly, And a bit of an Addition to The things i said in "Firstly", And one of the things that made me want to Apply in the first place, Because i feel like I've seen way too many Conflicts Happen where people have been Slow to handle/Monitor/Act Appropriately.

From my point of view, And personally, I'm willing to be Told Otherwise or Proven that i'm not exactly cut for the Position in the way I'm about to Speak/Have Spoken about, I'm fairly Decent at Reacting and Dealing with a situation Before it gets Out of hand/Too out of hand for Any party Involved or Even in general.

Given that i'm awake, I'm always scrolling and Lurking through the Site, Checking Areas i'm not even interested in to see whatsup with things, I do it Alot, Way too many times to Count in an Hour.

And Lastly, Because it's just something i'm Incredibly interested in, as if i hadn't said it enough, I've been a big fan of Following the Rules, It's why i'm so interested in Law Enforcement, And it's why i wish to see Others Abide within the rules aswell (Again, using that as my Comparison, Cause it's the best one i have).

How would you typically go about handling a conflict between two users?

It mostly depends on the Situation, Though since the Typical one i see is Outbursts or Arguments in Public, I'll use it as my Frame of Reference.

As i do with Most conflicts, Respectfully Tell them both To Relax for a moment and Come back with the Intent to have a Civil conversation, And not a Full-blown Argument in a Public Chat or Area.

If One declines to be given the Opportunity to be Civil, I'd Calmly and Nicely Tell them to Take it to PM's or to Not talk about the Topic altogether, And move on from the Situation to Avoid further Conflict.

If both Decline, I refer to the Line above this one, Except Towards both of them.

If One or Both Do not Comply with The previous statements, I'd Simply Stop the Conflict Out-right and Force them to Move on Or relax and Come back later with the Intention to Remain Civil on the Topic/Further topics, Two

warnings and Chances are enough, Their shouldn't be a third or a fourth chance.

And, the Punishment depends on previous issues they've Made

Have you ever been warned or muted? If so, explain what happened.

To my knowledge? I've never been Warned or Muted for Anything, Whether this question is for the Forums, Or discord, or TS3, I've never been the Subject of Punishment at all, Even when it comes to the TTT servers i'm Admin for.

Feel free to Prove me wrong if i have, I personally Do not recall if i have, and will Admit to It Given something is able to Jog my Memory, As i mentioned Earlier, I have bad memory when it Comes to Long-term Things.

Moderators, please +1 or -1 this application with an explanation for your vote.

Edited by JadedJade
Format got fucked by Character limit, And the Colors.
  • Like 2

+1

Mature

Patient

Years of dedication moderating TTT

Never had any trouble/punishments

More active than official mods in her time of moderating gmod discord as an experiment

True rolemodel of how a moderator should act, behave, dispute and most importantly, listen. 

• Like 2

Achievements

+1

Seems promising.

Mature.

Patient.

Friendly.

Easy to work with.

Never had issues with her.

Probably a robot.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Achievements

+1 for reasons stated by Kite and Wiggles. 

• Like 1

Achievements

I'm skepitical. I'd like for you to answer a couple additional questions before I vote. If you don't want to answer any of them here, that's okay. Message me.

Please be honest when answering:

1. Can you properly recognise when you feel overwhelmed?
  2. What will you do when you feel overwhelmed?

I understand that Forum Moderator isn't a very conflict-heavy role, and, in the GMOD Discord there hasn't been much conflict, so I cannot answer these questions for myself.

• Like 1

I'm perfectly fine with answering these questions here, Sorry for the wait, I was asleep.

This is something i feel like i can Compare to being an Admin, So i will.

I feel like i'm able to Spot and Recognize Anything that would seem/Is overwhelming for me, I've had to deal with alot of situations through my Time as admin alone, On 2 Servers.

I've learned and Improved on many things from my time as an Admin, It's something Everyone does, It's just Experience through something Similar.

I'm not entirely sure how to Answer the first question better Other than, I'm experienced, I've been here a long time and i feel like without a Doubt i'm able to Spot something that's going to Overwhelm me in any Capacity.

The Only thing i can Really refer to is a Fellow named "The jester", Which if need be, I'll toss you the Screenshots over on Discord. (Just about the only thing i don't feel Comfy sharing here).

As for what will i do when I am overwhelmed? What i've always done In this Order.

I've always been able to Keep myself Calm and Patient in any sort of Situation, It's one of the Biggest reasons i ever applied for anything here, I'm more than Capable of Keeping myself Level-headed in Any and All Situations i've encountered, As mentioned earlier, The jester is a good comparison and Again, i will gladly show those screenshots to you over discord provided you ask, They're good references for most of the stuff i've had to deal with, and How i handled them.

In the Event that i feel like i cannot handle something, Which takes Alot, But as an All around Answer, I'll Find Another Moderator or Someone else High enough to Deal with the Situation and Gladly move on from it, It's not something i have to Alot, But it's always how i'll do it.

I'm not the type of Person to go off the Deep end and Start enforcing rules that don't exist or Don't apply to the situation, I've never done that, Never will.

I don't get Irrational when it comes to being Overwhelmed in any Sort of situation, If no other moderator or Higher up can be found I'll simply give myself a few minutes, Calm down, And resolve the Situation then, It's how i've always handled it, It's how i always wil.

Have a Nice Day!

Sincerely, Davoony.

• Like 1

+1 I think she would be a good addition to the team. I agree with all the reasons listed above.

• Like 1

Achievements

On 5/25/2019 at 1:20 AM, JadedJade said:

In the event that I feel like I cannot handle something, which takes a lot, but as an all around answer, I'll find another moderator or someone else high enough to deal with the situation and gladly move on from it, it's not something I have to a lot, but it's always how I'll do it.

On 5/25/2019 at 1:20 AM, JadedJade said:

I don't get irrational when it comes to being overwhelmed in any sort of situation, if no other moderator or higher up can be found I'll simply give myself a few minutes, calm down, and resolve the situation then, it's how I've always handled it, it's how I always wil.

This is fine. +1

• Like 2

+1 - others have stated their reasoning. 

Huh, very nice application. It appears as if you have good intentions and are clearly interested in a moderation position. I don't know you well enough to give a solid +1 but I don't have any reason to give you a -1 either. Good luck!

Thanks, Skittlez.

I meant to accept this like 2 weeks ago, accepted, ill get you set up when i get home unless wiggles or someone else wants to do it