Roy

[Health] Do Probiotic Supplements Work?

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone takes probiotic supplements. I want to start taking them daily along with eating healthier/getting exercise to see if it improves my health. I want to know if anyone has had good experiences with these or not. I purchased Trunature's Probiotics from Costco yesterday. The reviews on it were very positive when I looked them up online. My colleague also said it has good effects on him.

My health currently is really bad. Therefore, I really need to improve it.

Thanks!

Here are my current health issues + my health history:

Also more information regarding my current health plus my past, basically I'm feeling stressed pretty much all the time from work and other things such as GFL (constant headaches or migraines, I don't know if I actually have a migraine or not). My stomach constantly runs into issues after eating 99% of any foods. I unfortunately get very little exercise as well which is something I want/need to work on. I had my gallbladder removed last year during February 2018 (emergency surgery since it ruptured unexpectedly), had hernia surgery last July (2018), and had a kidney stone during one of my business trips last September (2018). After getting my gallbladder removed, the doctors believe I have something called BAD (Bile Acid Diarrhea). I haven't been to the doctor since, though (I plan to go back once I get my car issues figured out, which I am making a lot of progress on this week :)). Just curious if these probiotics will most likely help with my current issues, but I do understand I have a more complex situation and I might have things wrong with me that probiotics won't help with. I'm just trying to think of any short-term solutions to make me feel better until I can get back to the doctor so we can dig deeper and find out what issues I'm facing.

Putting it in a spoiler since some may find it disgusting or w/e (it's health issues, lol). 

I'm sorry for the rushed post, I have a lot to do right now but wanted to know what people thought from GFL.

Thanks!

Posted  Edited by Supreme leader 049 · Hidden
Hidden

Probiotics help my stomach when it's hurting (idk what it actually does scientifically or if it'll help what's going on with your stomach) but if you're having headaches I suggest oil of oregano.

Edited by Supreme leader 049

Hidden

I'd suggest going to a gastroenterologist before taking anything. My dad had an issue that would give him gastritis every time he ate cucumber, and he would put that in nearly everything he ate. He thought it was all the kinds of foods he was eating, but it turned out to be just cucumber, so he stays away from it.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Guest SkydivingSquid
Hidden

Hi, @Roy. I start the morning off with Oui vanilla yogurt (lots of probiotics) and try to drink a Ginger Kombucha which is teaming with probiotics. Try to get “cardio” for 21 minutes a day (a long walk/jog listening to music will knock that out). Drink lots of water, and only drink water 2 hours before bed. When you wake up in the morning, give your body 30 minutes to “wake up” without caffeine. You should start to feel better. Of course, make sure you get at least 15 minutes of direct sunlight a day. I take a multi-vitamin, but studies are saying they are essentially worthless. 

My cousin has been taking a select few types of mushroom pills which he says has changed his entire life. If you’re interested I will get you the info. He says he feels amazing, can remember things all the way back to childhood, and is much more “clear” in the head. All legal. 

We sit a lot, which is really bad. Try to get out and move a little bit. 🙂 Hope this helps! 

-Squid 🦑