Jump to content
Toast_Sandpie

Not enough staff online?

Recommended Posts

So I get it, staffs have better things to do than playing games. But just want to say that it get pretty annoying not having your reports being handled. So do you guys think that we have enough staffs to be online/active with the times here?

  • Late 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you be a little more specific on which game/server you are referring to so we can try to help fix it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pedro I'm betting this is for TTT MC :P Because that is the only server I know of out of the entire GFL servers that have lack of staff and the fact it's about 'reports' which I can see every single server handle their reports. 

 

So if it is in regards of TTT MC, a lot of the staff got removed or they simply left/moved on. Also it's allowed in the community for the admins to AFK populate. If you think there isn't enough staff, dedicate your time, help players, show that you are a good candidate and apply for the position with admin sponsor. If the server report isn't work, you can always come on the forums to place a report. However, only specific rule break will be punished. Like they don't handle mic spams/toxicity on player report. They have to be on when that happens to deal with the situation. Same with if it's just one RDM and they didn't leave. They can however handle ghosting, teaming, massing, or attempt mass whether they leave or not. RDM & Leave is also acceptable as a player report. Hacks & Teaming/Ghosting must have video evidence. Just claiming they're hacking or teaming/ghosting by image won't show anything. It's still, it doesn't indicate them using hacks.

 

Also, you can also join the respective discord to get more help from the staff team.

Edited by Bae
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achievements

4 hours ago, Bae said:

@Pedro I'm betting this is for TTT MC :P Because that is the only server I know of out of the entire GFL servers that have lack of staff and the fact it's about 'reports' which I can see every single server handle their reports. 

 

So if it is in regards of TTT MC, a lot of the staff got removed or they simply left/moved on. Also it's allowed in the community for the admins to AFK populate. If you think there isn't enough staff, dedicate your time, help players, show that you are a good candidate and apply for the position with admin sponsor. If the server report isn't work, you can always come on the forums to place a report. However, only specific rule break will be punished. Like they don't handle mic spams/toxicity on player report. They have to be on when that happens to deal with the situation. Same with if it's just one RDM and they didn't leave. They can however handle ghosting, teaming, massing, or attempt mass whether they leave or not. RDM & Leave is also acceptable as a player report. Hacks & Teaming/Ghosting must have video evidence. Just claiming they're hacking or teaming/ghosting by image won't show anything. It's still, it doesn't indicate them using hacks.

 

Also, you can also join the respective discord to get more help from the staff team.

 

Yeah @Toast_Sandpie if you're referring to TTT MC 24/7, you need to understand something: I don't wanna say being an admin on other servers/gamemodes is easy because it's not. They all have their own issues and problems that need to be handled differently.

 

But I don't think I'm wrong when I say that being a TTT admin, specifically on this particular server, is not only hard but also a chore. It's a legitimate job and it sucks. I applied once and had everything going my way to become a trial admin but took my application down when I realized, "Fuck that, I don't want to be an admin on here, it's hell". Give them some slack, it's not fun.

 

And if you're talking about any other server, they all have active staff most, if not almost all of the time so idk wtf you're smoking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Toast_Sandpie the Admin team is a little thin right now. We had several Admin “retire”. Many good players apply for Admin and once they realize how much work it is to be an Admin on our server, their hours drop off or they resign. You rarely get much time to play because of the amount of reports submitted every round that require so much attention and investigating. Players often spend time harassing Admin and criticizing their decisions, right or wrong. Admin also spend a good amount of time on discord discussing server changes and on the GFL forums answering questions. It’s a job. 

 

We are always happy to have more Admin apply, but the process usually takes 1-2 months. If applicants can remain active for that amount of time and get enough up votes, they are accepted and trained. We are working on getting more staff to fill the inactive hours. I hope this helps. 🦑

 

  • Like 1
  • OMEGALUL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure what hours you play, but whenever i hop on during the day time there's at least 1 other admin that isn't afk. i hop on at like 2am, still admins that arent afk. there's maybe a 2-hour block when theres no admins on, but as far as ive seen, theres admins on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TheSadBandit said:

Im not sure what hours you play, but whenever i hop on during the day time there's at least 1 other admin that isn't afk. i hop on at like 2am, still admins that arent afk. there's maybe a 2-hour block when theres no admins on, but as far as ive seen, theres admins on

every time i look at the shoutbox, there's like 50 reports asking for an admin so idk why you're questioning his schedule. i personally think the requirements to get admin on ttt should be revised tbh. 

  • Winner 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Omid said:

every time i look at the shoutbox, there's like 50 reports asking for an admin so idk why you're questioning his schedule. i personally think the requirements to get admin on ttt should be revised tbh. 

50 minimum hours - people dont usually apply with 50, the people who apply have near 100+

a sponsor

and your application takes 1-2 months to get accepted/denied

 

I don't see anything wrong with this tbh. Our server is also more populated than other servers, and we have more shit to ban for. 

 

As for shoutbox, I'm not sure why shoutbox is still used for call admin, clearly admins dont look at forums as much since we have discord now. Maybe a call admin function in the ttt staff discord? Then it'd be easier for admins to get on when needed (all admins are on discord).

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

     @Omid I am pretty sure !calladmin was done away with for TTT MC...Though the shoutbox may still get notifications. Id have to talk to @WigglesWorth about that. Regardless, TTT MC is a very unique server. RDM runs rampant when staff aren’t online (heck, even with staff online...) and players love the !calladmin function. They’ve even done it while staff are online because “the Admin is taking too long”. I’ve seen players use !calladmin lees than 5 seconds after I’ve disconnected... A normal round generates anywhere from 3-9 player reports consistently. I agree that it would be nice to have more staff in order to fill time, but it’s unreasonable to believe there will always be someone online.

 

     Another issue with lowering our Admin standards is that many players who apply are power hungry. The vetting process ensures we get a quality Admin. Not to throw shade at TTT Rot, but they have far less reports and a much more tame community base. It’s like comparing the Air Force to the Marine Corps 😉 (One can be trusted to go out in public - the other needs to be watched constantly or they’ll end up with two dead hookers in the back of a stolen car, drunk off their ass, eating their last crayon as they drive full speed into an elementary school in Japan screaming “MERICA"!). 

 

     The best way to get an Admin on TTT MC is to go through the discord. Perhaps @WigglesWorth could find a way for !calladmin to appear in a discord channel. Honestly, I don’t think it would change much either way. We do a good job as it is trying to stay on the server or getting on momentarily to take care of more important incidents (targeting, hacking, Mass RDM, and prohibited sprays). Just the other day I got on with a 4mbps connection (1,200 ping) to answer reports.. 

 

     For now, my team will continue doing what they are doing. I will do my best to speed up the Admin vetting process and perhaps reach out to certain players I feel would make for a good Admin (should my team agree). 

🦑

  • OMEGALUL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xy has a webhook or whatever that does that very function of calladmin only going to a specific discord channel. We could try and duplicate it for TTT

 

@Xy_ idea?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achievements

1 minute ago, WigglesWorth said:

Xy has a webhook or whatever that does that very function of calladmin only going to a specific discord channel. We could try and duplicate it for TTT

 

@Xy_ idea?

Would be trivial

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Xy_ could you make it so the !calladmin function shows up in a new TTT MC Admin Request channel accessible for Admin and up? We can turn off chat function and instead allow a once someone acknowledges it and gets online. 🦑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...