willywilson

Santa Extreme and Us

1 hour ago, hotEvercLear said:

dang, i believe that is the farthest anyone has ever gotten on truth for GFL... i am not sure if we ever got past fat santa tbh. 

Nope the furthest gfl has gotten before then was fat Santa they never beat it and they got to fat Santa off the pistol glitch during the extreme event 

Hey guys, since we got to truth, we've taken time off of the extreme grind, we need to get back into the swing of things, please don't nominate it with a bad team, (as was the case on saturday) but wait for a good team in order to properly have some good practice and chances at act 3. We took some time off, we need to get back into form, and keep on practicing! Be sure to nominate santa only when the team is extreme ready, and please don't waste nominations on random teams, and non extreme practice!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted  Edited by willywilson

For the month of july, we've forgone santa extreme, I will take partial responsibility, tryharding for my esk app, and not pushing the server hard enough, but that doesn't change anything, back to the santa grind asap, and we should start a discussion about mini events I'd appreciate the input of  @Doogla @hotEvercLear @Banjo Kazooie as they seem dedicated to winning santa, as well as anyone else who is interested in starting to scheduele practice sessions, and being dedicated to winning this darn map for the first time. This is a team game, and I hope more people can become interested and push to win the map, if not, fine, but as for right now, we need to organize those interested, so those who want to can have and beat this insurmountable goal. This is litterally the longest a map has ever gone without being beaten since the start of zombie mod in 2006, let's make history. 

Edited by willywilson

oddly enough, it seems like the more tryhards we get on, the more we lose to zombies... the more good listening Noobs we have on, the less we die to zombies, but get fucked by NPCs.

if we can just cruise through prolg and act 1 I would feel more confident that it is possible 

@willywilson in the recent times ive played santa, we were unable to even get GFL to vote to play extreme. The seldom times we do its extremely difficult to accomplish progress. I have faith we can do it, but we need an organized time to do so and with competent players.

We're doing it bois, today we got to truth numerous times, and are starting to consistently make it past fat santa, I'm proud, but this is not the end. We're going to try and beat it next time we play, and have figured out to use negevs for skinny, in order to widdle down his health faster. We're doing good, and just need to keep practicing, I'll revise leading a bit more on the heals, and as long as we are well coordinated, I truly believe a win is within our grasp. I'm going to try to get us down to using two heals during skinny, but I'm fine using three to continue if need be. Once we start consistently getting to tram on truth, then I'll start trying to push for only two heals. Good job today everyone, and always remember, play a semi-tryhard map that's a luff map, like frostdrake before going into santa, in order to ensure you have a defense oriented team. 

Posted  Edited by willywilson

OK Strats so far:

Prologue: 

• Play this same as normal mode, except for speeders, just avoid them, and keep your guns out to kill benders, also nade the zombies while falling back on the reindeers

Act 1: 

• Left side can avoid benders all together by sticking to the wall in the first path, then just play the rest normally until the meeting point with right

• Right side needs 1/2 the team doorhugging with negevs, and 1/2 the team backpedaling zombies, if you have low hp, come defend, from there just prefire benders form the drawbridge, don't risk your life going to the other side, prefire beavers inside, should all die fast
    • when you finish up the long hallway, you will be faced with a large room with many benders right before the meeting point, here you jump onto the yellow canisters immediately to the left of the door, don't go down, just stay up there to kill benders and nade the zombies
  • After the meet up - defenders hold, if you have under 100 hp don't doorhug, one more bender, once the bender is dead fall back
    • First Heal: when the door says 5 seconds before the boss fight
  • Boss Fight:  buy negevs and spread out on against the walls, crouch, and prioritize benders dying first
    • Second Heal: right after the boss fight is finished
  • Post Boss: 1/2 the team backpedal and 1/2 the team doorhug and shoot benders with negevs, overdefend for elevator, don't drop down, and kill benders

Act 2: 

Almost the same as normal mode, just doorhug at the beginning to make sure everyone gets heal, and overdefend the end, play it safe, easily one shotable if you beat act 1, the easiest level of extreme

Act 3: 

Now the fun begins.

http://rssgo.co.kr/web/index.php?mid=explan&document_srl=53951

^ some math stuff in korean will be used later, putting here for reference

Through this whole stage: if you're not above 100 hp, don't doorhug, stay and defend, also DO NOT WASTE REBUYS, money is important

• The beginning will be played as normal, up until the three teams meet up, left side needs to over defend tram, and tp glitch to not kill middle
  • Once the team meet up, don't leave the elevator / the ramp, kill the bender in front of you, from there, don't enter the next large gateway, prefire and kill the 2 benders in there (a third one is up top, it usually kills itself, but sometimes we need to kill it, so be weary)
  • do not heal at the normal mode spots, this is very important, we're using a lot of heals during skinny instead
  • after the gate opens up the ramps, don't go into the next area, some benders are there along with reindeer, after the reindeers are finished we get back, and most of the team should overdefend, don't run top unless you know what you're doing, or else you'll drag benders down to the bottom and kill the team, don't be greedy, play it safe. 
    • Similar to normal mode, just take your time and for the love of god don't die
  • once we get to skinny...

Skinny Santa:

• Item Usage:
    • rocket: save rocket for the benders, do not use it on skinny, stay near where the benders spawn, and use it to one shot the benders, it does shit damage on skinny compared to mini and beam, just use it on npcs
    • Mini cannon: shoot skinny
    • Beam: shoot skinny
    • Heals:
      • 1 heal before we enter, this will be our first heal of the game, do it as soon as everyone is gathered in front of the skinny entrance, before the gate opens
      • 2nd and 3rd (potentially fourth as well, but hopefully not) will be used during skinny, at the gate from which we entered the arena, will be called out, depends on how well the team is doing and the rng skinny is hitting us with
  • Normal People:
    • buy negevs, spread out, don't worry about benders, just concentrate on santa, we're going to be liberal with our healing, everyone will survive
    • Remember to: shoot in front of santa to compensate for your ping, make sure there's always a red market around your crosshair, shoot where other people or the leader's tracers are shooting
    • Rebuy kevlar if needed, rebuy it around the 30 kevlar mark
    • don't stand on the wall, santa can double hit you there

Post Skinny:  

• play as normal, rocket needs to defend, mini and beam can kill npcs
  • Get on the back right corner of the elevator, and prefire the top when we get to the top with the elevator, stick to the sides, and prefire the npcs, should still be using a negev for dps

Fat Santa:

• Item Usage: 
    • rocket: save rocket for the benders, do not use it on skinny, stay near where the benders spawn, and use it to one shot the benders, it does shit damage on fat compared to mini and beam, just use it on npcs
    • Mini cannon: shoot fat
    • Beam: shoot fat
    • Heals:
      • 1 heal will be used before fat santa
  • General population:
    • Buy a bizon (cheaper than p90, and more people can use it effectively , we need speed to dodge this fatso)
    • Buy Kevlar if under 30 kevlar
    • Dodge fat santa, and 

Post Fat Santa:

Items:

• Beam and mini - doorhug and kill npcs, until we get 2 beams at which point they will doorhug and kill while mini cannons help defend
  • Rockets: defend
  • Heal:
    • one will be used at tram if available
  • Overdefend the 3 bridges, we have rockets, and bizons
  • Play the rest like normal, fall back a bit earlier than normal at the beginning part as luff has added in some tps

Socrates: 

• Items:
    • Rockets, Mini, and Beam: all shoot socrates
    • Herder: only let 1 or 2 people go get the herder, need to know what they're doing, offline it if you want to do it
  • Normal people:
    • buy your negevs, and if you get nervous, use a speeder to get out, use all your rebuys, I don't care what magic you work, but use negevs, they do so much dps
  • Pray to god you survive

Also General Nade Usage for Extreme Act 3:

• No random nades, don't use them on zombos, we got rocket to cover
  • Nade Skinny Santa
  • don't nade fat
  • Nade Socrates (or if the defense is really lacking on truth, you can use it there, but please don't use it willy nilly)

Boom we beat santa, ez pz

Edited by willywilson

Posted  Edited by Banjo Kazooie

Okay new strat have we ever even tried like letting zombies into the boss arena and gathering around skinny Santa so he gets stuck like why don’t we do this more often 

We can also try the new meta which is awps and novas only I think this is probably how we would beat Santa extreme 

Also we have yet to try using nades on the benders like on best Korea using nades on the word boss has become very successful so why not nade the benders 

@willywilson I think with these new strats we beat Santa extreme act 3 in 1 attempt 

Edited by Banjo Kazooie