Roy

Scorch Host + Anycast Network Update

Hi all,

I just wanted to provide a short-ish update in regards to my new company in the making, Scorch Host along with the Anycast network GFL is currently using.

I initially started developing the Anycast network GFL currently uses with @Dreae to use for GFL solely. However, since we've decided on making the new hosting company, plans have changed. Currently, the network is still being maintained by GFL, @Dreae, and I. The network consists of 12 PoP servers around the world.

Once the company is officially started, we will be transferring everything to Scorch Host. GFL will be paying Scorch Host for the Remote (D)DoS Protection service we plan to provide. @Dreae is currently working on a portal for clients to use where they can setup NAT rules for the IPs they purchase from us or bring to us via the Remote (D)DoS Protection service. Once this goes into effect, I would assume the current Directors and @Xy_ will be given access to this portal for GFL's account so they can control where traffic flows to per IP. We plan to add full TCP support as well and new features to Compressor which is the packet inspecting software running on our PoP servers.

In regards to the network itself, I've been in contact with a hosting provider who will most likely be hosting our PoP servers in the future along with our dedicated servers and VPSs. Since the company is new, we won't be able to purchase their high-end (D)DoS protection packages. However, we'll still be able to offer 100+ gbps (D)DoS protection spread across the Anycast network. As the company grows, we will be performing major upgrades to our infrastructure (e.g. the PoP servers and hardware) along with the (D)DoS mitigation services this hosting company offers. Eventually, I believe we'll be able to make a network that can handle over 1 terabit (D)DoS attacks. At least that's the plan. This will be very healthy to GFL and our other clients.

As for the company itself, I made a status update with more information:

https://gflclan.com/profile/1-roy/?status=10481&type=status

Feel free to read!

When we go with this hosting provider, we'll be using different locations for our PoP servers. This won't change anything for the clients themselves in my opinion and should result in even better routing to our physical machines.

All in all, these future changes will be very exciting to me and will help GFL highly when completed.

Thanks for reading.

Hidden
9 hours ago, Roy said:

paying Scorch Host for the Remote (D)DoS Protection service we plan to provide

Obviously GFL currently pays for all the costs, how much do you plan to charge GFL for that service afterwards?

I'm assuming that because it was GFL funds which also started this venture for you, that we'll also be paying lower then *the average Joe* for these services. 

Achievements

3 minutes ago, Darkling said:

Obviously GFL currently pays for all the costs, how much do you plan to charge GFL for that service afterwards?

I'm assuming that because it was GFL funds which also started this venture for you, that we'll also be paying lower then *the average Joe* for these services. 

This hasn't been determined yet. Once I have that information, I will provide that to everyone. And yes, I expect the price to be cheaper for GFL specifically due to that.

Thanks!