TheJitFace

When did you get into videogames?

Posted  Edited by TheJitFace

When did you get into videogames? 

I got into videogames when I was born honestly. My dad and uncle had an xbox original before I was even born and they played on it until I was born, my uncle taught me how to play on it, but obviously being a toddler, I didn't know how. I later on got a 360 which I played everyday for like 6 years and I moved onto PC in 2014. 

Edited by TheJitFace

jitticus

Posted  Edited by JGuary551

I got into videos games when the first “Gears of War” came out which was in November 7, 2006 and I was like 5. That was the first ever video game I played and got introduce to by my older brothers

Edited by JGuary551

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

Back in 2002 parents bought me a PS2 (the fatty one) together with a few games. I played mostly PS2 until my parents got me an old computer still running on windows XP, where I listened to music, played bubble bobble, super mario and Pinball. A few years later, circa 2007 my friends brother introduced to our group (three of us) the game RuneScape, which I played actively until late 2012. I did play RuneScape Private Servers throughout 2009-2014. My first youtube channel was meant to be about a rsps back in 2010. Good times.

Edit: I was 4 when parents bought me the console.

yeah.gif

Kind of all my life. The first games I remember playing were on the SNES, probably as early as 1999. First game I ever played and REALLY got into was Morrowind in like, 2003 after I got my own PC. The year after that I got Age of Mythology, still one of my favorite games ever. I started my original Steam account in 2006 but I don't even remember what I played. Between say, 1999 and 2009 I played all sorts of games but I'd say the game that turned me into a game-a-holic was Modern Warfare 2.

But yeah, probably going on 20 years now.

Posted  Edited by Finnick

when I played pokemon stadium and super mario 64 for the nintendo 64

which was when I was like, 5 or somethin

Edited by Finnick

Adonie Had To Do It To Em by InvalidQuestionBeanie Pup Finnick YCH by InvalidQuestion

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Korowa

I got into video games in 2004/2005 (yes, it's super early considering my age) when I'd frequently play Unreal Tournament '99 on my brother's PC while he was at school (or when he was playing on console). I played a lot on our PS2 as well so sharing was always difficult for us. Eventually my parents bought me my own PS2 and the only thing we had to share was the PC.

I played LOADS of Spyro, Sly and Crash, always been my favourite games as a kid. There were also various other games I sometimes played but they were mixed into a single CD so it was hard to memorize their titles.

Edited by Korowa

original.gif

Achievements

First game I ever played was Super Mario Bros 3 for the SNES, until I eventually moved onto the n64 then to the playstation where i played a ton of platformers like spyro and sly, but also my very first JRPG, Legend of Dragoon where I still hold my personal record for most time consumed by one game at about 6000 hours over the course of my life. 

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Harakoni

Damn, all your guys introductions are so cute and nostalgic. Me, on the other hand, a bit unorthodox.
It started when back in 2006, I overheard one of my parents say a quaint word describing a person, and, as any inquisitive kid would, asked "Mommy, Daddy- Why is Tony Blair a dickhead?".
Instead of the usual "kids shouldn't say that" garbage, i was given a baptism of fire into the rather brief political and worldwide events leading up to, and occurring, in the Iraq War- and as extension basically the entire middle east for the last 40 years. 
This was their first mistake. Soon i was obsessed; they fed me National Geographic's like a machine. Headlines like "Desert Storm", "Desert Thunder", "The UK's inner turmoil", "Saddam's Army" only drove me further into their depths - big words didn't matter when big explosions and cool air strike pictures made my younger self detonate with excitement. My parents probably thought i was gonna be the most politically switched on nursery kid in  existence, poor them. My obsession with war-crimes and terrorism only drove my parents to greater concern. Then, my dad being foolish and probably with good intentions, caved in and gave me my first game, Command and Conquer Generals. I spent the next 7 years, and a rough total of 12,000 hours, melting soldiers with Anthrax/toxin spewing tractor flamethrowers, Air-striking civilians, and launching nuclear warheads at United States bases. Great times.
Then they gave me the sequel i had missed, and it only got better.
I love irresponsible and politically aggravated parents, don't you?

Edited by Harakoni

Steam = Life = Videogames thats how.

:D

b_560x95.png

Token             

-Former Nerd-

I played this My Little Pony game on the Hasbro website only because there was a slide in it. I used to just stare in wonder at the slide, I used to love slides for some reason. I also played this cupcake game or something. I think it was a cupcake game, I may be confusing it with the game in Pokepark 2, but I first played those games and browsed YouTube when I was around 4. I somehow knew how to do all that when I was 4. On YT I looked at Pokemon stuff, as my brother in late 2009 was going to get Pokemon Soul Silver for his birthday the next year. I also found Chuggaconroy's channel. Thats really all I remember of that. I also played Soul Silver but didnt know what I was doing. I also played Pokemon Yellow and it was the same for me. The first game I really beat was Pokepark 2: Wonders Beyond. I was 6 when it came out and I played it and cried at a certain thing Darkrai did, not saying since its spoilers, but mystical stuff allows everything to have a good ending in that game and I also fought Zekrom and Reshiram. That was the first game I was really dedicated to play.

[Signature]

Achievements

My first games were Halo: Combat Evolved and Civilization III, both around 2005-6. I used to call my Dad to kill hunters in Halo for me because I was scared of them, lol.

I wasn't much of a "gamer" until I got into flash games from school; everyone played on Newgrounds and Kongregate. I then found gaming communities and steam. Now I'm a slave to the Valve overlords.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

Guest SkydivingSquid
Posted  Edited by SkydivingSquid

My parents bought me the N64 when I graduated kindergarten in 1998. The video games I owned were:

Wave Racer
Banjo Kazooie

Diddy Kong Racing - (this is the only game I’ve never been able to beat). 
Star Fox

007 - Golden Eye  (revolutionized first person shooters)

007 - The World Is Not Enough

Perfect Dark   (one of the most under rated games of all time. Could still compete with today’s games.) 

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Super Smash Bros

I later got a Playstation 2 (around the year 2000) and focused on 007 and motocross games. Ace Combat was another good one. I believe this is where I first got GTA. 

Around 2001, the time GameBoy Advance came out. This was awesome because it was the first mobile gaming. I played Pokemon Sapphire, GoldenSun, Dragon Ball Z, Jurassic Park, Wario, amongst others. 

Shortly thereafter the Xbox came out. No one really cared about it until a game called HALO: Combat Evolved. The moment that game was released, the world changed. Still one of the most success games ever. Definitely changed everything. Continued to play GTA games as they came out. I think I got the Xbox in 2002 or 2003. I was literally the first person in line for the Halo 2 midnight release in 2004. I was 12 🤣 I skipped school to play Halo 2 the first day. 

Moved onto the Xbox 360 for the new Halo Games and GTA. I think this would have been around 2007. Prototype and TimeShift were interesting games. Perfect Dark Zero was a complete embarrassment that couldn’t even compare to the N64 Perfect Dark. My Xbox 360 caught on fire (over heating) and I got a new one. I had to restart everything because I lose my progress. My brother and I were world class at Halo 3 at this point. 

Moved onto the Xbox One for new Halo games, Destiny, GTA, and The Division. - (This is the first time I had online gaming). I was in the military at this point. This would have been around 2014. This is when I became a noob at everything because I couldn’t play as much as I did in high school. 

Bought the Xbox One S so my wife could play Ark. At this point I only ever played GTA.

On deployment I only had my computer and would watch a lot of VanossGaming. His crew would play GMOD. I got GMOD and played on my MacBook pro one night at the liberty center in San Diego. I found TTT and loved it. A lot of slays, considering I was asking people how to play and had no idea. Thankfully, communities actually believed me and taught me how to play. Found GFL TTT and never left. I’ve been playing ever since. 

🦑

Edited by SkydivingSquid

On 6/23/2019 at 8:37 PM, Liloz01 said:

I used to call my Dad to kill hunters in Halo for me because I was scared of them, lol.

I've a similar experience, actually. There was this game called Project Eden that my dad got for me and there was a level that had creepy monsters and they were pretty strong so I always asked my brother if he could do it for me.

Even though at the time I could understand both Portuguese and Spanish, I still struggled a lot to understand what the objective in each level was (the game was in Spanish) so that level, since they get harder the more you play, was super confusing and took me forever to do up until I was old enough to fully understand haha.

original.gif

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Bae

My first video game was super Nintendo racing game that my older brother introduce me to when I was like 6 or something.

My first online console game is little big planet ps3.

My first online game is gunbound on PC but it didn't last long since it got shut down after years of being active. It's similar to ddtank but better.

Edited by Bae

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

First game I played was Counter Strike 1.6, I played jailbreak and hns + lasers. That was around 2010 ish and I didn't know how to speak english. Damn I miss hide and seek with lasers.

qnix.png.4b4cea59155ffb8a165ce00aa720ca5b.png
20190420010737_1.jpg.d63dd580a9f25a35e1c6bbf07f89e211.jpg
20180814170309_1.jpg.d18aa44d9132ed1a95d71307b194aed3.jpg20180720003140_1.jpg.4a88b6abb1b8009435e9233f07868cce.jpg20180810195200_1.jpg.46f21405349b2517c45d1309332acd87.jpg 

b_560x95.png