Flops

reform admin applications

1. i think admins need more dick abusing and less sucking
  2. There is an advantage to having admin apps private @Malal If you notice, many people will put feelers out there in discord and even on the forums to gauge if they should apply or not out of fear for the public shaming that happens as a result of having your admin app denied. Specific feedback from Admins in the app has been posted in chat, and become short lived or long lived memes. Shame is a powerful motivator, and is something that should be removed from the process. My suggestion would be that apps should be submitted via a web form similar to how you submit a map to be tested, and ONLY existing admins will see and respond to the applicant via discord DM. 

I like the ideas of having an admin need to sponsor an app, or as another option have an admin be assigned as a sponsor of sorts once the app is made to talk to the candidate, monitor them, and then report back to the other admin for additional input before voting. 

I hope makes sense to you of what some potential advantages are to having apps private. 

On 6/27/2019 at 7:58 PM, Elemental said:

As stated above, the whole point is to stop meme apps from being created...

Someone is much more likely to keep their app serious if it is only between them and the admins.

Or you can just nuke the meme app and ban the person or w/e.

I'm backk.

• 2 weeks later...

necroing thread cause one relevant person responded - can admins give their thoughts on this topic/do something about it?

( or at least tell the community ur not gonna do anything )

32 minutes ago, Flops said:

necroing thread cause one relevant person responded - can admins give their thoughts on this topic/do something about it?

( or at least tell the community ur not gonna do anything )

We're already working on changes.

• 2 weeks later...