Pewdis

GMOD - GFL server TTT Ban Appeal

I have under-lined everyone involved in this matter in-case you need to contact them.

So basically i was playing Gmod - TTT games on the server that is not minecraft mapped, and was banned for mass rdm-ing as an innocent. The round went roughly at the start, I killed an innocent named Volk (I think a VIP) after him repeatedly running at me and telling me to kill him. Now that is very sketchy, i know, but the thing is, he is not the one that reported me for rdm. The people who actually reported me were the 2 traitors I correctly assumed were traitors and proceeded to kill. The two people who reported me was "Sick Ducker" and "Pinormerk". I believe that Pinor is an admin or something high ranked,  but i am not sure if Sick Ducker was even a member. So first I killed Sick Ducker. The round started with me going immeadatley to the basement part of the map with a total of 3 T-Room entrances, 2 are directley from the room and the other one teleports you into a closet. I was near the closet trying to move objects in front of the 2 direct entrances from the t-room for a solid minute. When i was done with that i walked around and saw Sick Ducker walk out of the closet that has a teleporter in it. I started shooting at him, because for that entire minute i did not hear or see the door open and close. When i killed him, i ID'd the corpse and sick ducker was infact a traitor. Onto PinorMerk. About 2 minutes after i had killed Sick Ducker i heard pinorMerk say over comms "I just killed a traitor, im proven." But the thing was that PinorMerk never ID'd a body, so i told him "Why didn't you ID the body?" He mumbuled " I did " As soon as he said that it showed him ID - ing a body that was Innocent. I assumed that he just faked killing a traitor, when he actually just killed an innocent. I then went upstairs and killed PinorMerk, and it turned out he was a traitor.   PinorMerk was the one who banned me, i'm not sure for how long though because it doesn't have a time next to the message. I believe this banning came from a little bit of salty-ness on Pinormerk's side, due to the fact that technically only 2 rdm's with reports against me was met with a ban, instead of an auto-slay for a couple of rounds.

Thanks - Pewdis

Posted  Edited by Pewdis - Edit Reason: Clarification

Name: Pewdis

Steam ID: 76561198240720056

Banned by: Pinormerk

Ban reason: So first I killed Sick Ducker. The round started with me going immeadatley to the basement part of the map with a total of 3 T-Room entrances, 2 are directley from the room and the other one teleports you into a closet. I was near the closet trying to move objects in front of the 2 direct entrances from the t-room for a solid minute. When i was done with that i walked around and saw Sick Ducker walk out of the closet that has a teleporter in it. I started shooting at him, because for that entire minute i did not hear or see the door open and close. When i killed him, i ID'd the corpse and sick ducker was infact a traitor. After I killed him, he reported me for RDM

About 2 minutes after i had killed Sick Ducker i heard pinorMerk say over comms "I just killed a traitor, im proven." But the thing was that PinorMerk never ID'd a body, so i told him "Why didn't you ID the body?" He mumbuled " I did " As soon as he said that it showed him ID - ing a body that was Innocent. I assumed that he just faked killing a traitor, when he actually just killed an innocent. I then went upstairs and killed PinorMerk, and it turned out he was a traitor.   PinorMerk was the one who banned me, i'm not sure for how long though because it doesn't have a time next to the message.

Why you should be unbanned:  I don't think i deserved to be permanently banned for 2 rdm's, based off of the server's rules. According to the server, 1-2 rdm's gets the player an autoslay, whereas in this case I got perma-ban. I believe this banning came from a little bit of salty-ness on Pinormerk's side, due to the fact that technically only 2 rdm's with reports against me was met with a ban, instead of an auto-slay for a couple of rounds.

Thanks - Pewdis

•  
Edited by Pewdis
Clarification

No need to do as what Jerry says @Pewdis. I've got your SteamID and found your ban on sourcebans. PinorMerk did ban you and I will notify him about your appeal. A few things though:

21 minutes ago, Pewdis said:

2 traitors I correctly assumed were traitors and proceeded to kill

You don't kill off assumption. That's basically killing them off suspicion which isn't allowed. You need proof.

24 minutes ago, Pewdis said:

When i was done with that i walked around and saw Sick Ducker walk out of the closet that has a teleporter in it. I started shooting at him, because for that entire minute i did not hear or see the door open and close. When i killed him, i ID'd the corpse and sick ducker was infact a traitor.

Yet you did not see him use the teleport-er. Yes it's very obvious I know but rules are rules.

25 minutes ago, Pewdis said:

"I just killed a traitor, im proven." But the thing was that PinorMerk never ID'd a body, so i told him "Why didn't you ID the body?" He mumbuled " I did " As soon as he said that it showed him ID - ing a body that was Innocent. I assumed that he just faked killing a traitor, when he actually just killed an innocent

You didn't see him kill a inno. You have no DNA. What proof do you have? He ID a body like how everyone is suppose to do.

28 minutes ago, Pewdis said:

I believe this banning came from a little bit of salty-ness on Pinormerk's side, due to the fact that technically only 2 rdm's with reports against me was met with a ban, instead of an auto-slay for a couple of rounds.

You might be right about 2 rdm reports. Unless you killed a third or attempted to. We'll have to find out from Pinor.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by VilhjalmrF

Very nice of you to admit that you broke the rules. Never knew someone had that much confidence thinking they did nothing wrong when they clearly did.

Edited by VilhjalmrF

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Pewdis - Edit Reason: Clarification

Hello, thanks for the criticism. I'll definitely learn from my mistakes from that round. Thank you for looking into this and contacting Pinor, I'll let you know if anything changes. 

Thanks - pewdis

Edited by Pewdis
Clarification

Hello, is there anyway to speed this process up?

Hear me out, the only perma-ban related to RDM - ing is Mass RDMing. And I can guarantee you that if you look at Mass RDM bans, 9 times out of 10 the console is usually the one that bans players automatically. Based off of my report, and VilhjalmrF's findings on Sourcebans, i was banned by an admin(Pinormerk). So if i wasn't picked up by the console for having like 5 RDM's automatically, why was I Perma-banned? I get that proof is important in un-banning people, but looking at how a machine specifically built to automatically perma-ban players that cheat and grief is not the source that perma-banned me, really goes to show some intentions admins have.

Please consider circumstantial evidence and logic, instead of purely factual proof as it shows a totally other side to this, and can speed up the process. 

Thanks - Pewdis

I apologize @Pewdis if this is taking long. I'll make sure the admin is notify right away and handles your appeal. Please just wait a little bit longer. Thanks!

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

Hi everyone-- Good morning, I apologize for the delay in answering, as I didn't see this before I went to bed. Pewdis, both of these kills were based off suspicion, which counts as RDM on our server. Reading the rules is imperative to understanding what is allowed and what isn't. As per my report, you generally shouldn't KOS anyone off of what they say over voice, unless it is a false KOS on someone else. Otherwise, it's what's called verbal t-bait, which is not KOSable. Had I said "I'm a traitor and I've just killed 8 people" you wouldn't have been allowed to kill me either.

Super Ducker's case is clearly based on suspicion/location, which you have admitted to. That also counts. 

I can't recall specifically if you damaged another person for no reason during that round, though if I banned you for mass, you probably did, and just didn't get reported. You also had a report from I think 2 rounds (could have been 1) round previous to these incidents, which gets you up to the 3 limit. It was clear you weren't following the rules, that these weren't "accidents" per se. I hope that after this, you'll take the time to read the MOTD, and that you will err on the side of caution when killing people.

@Pewdis the bar for being banned for Mass RDM on this server is 3 players. Because that's a low threshold, Mass is not a permanent ban. You will be back in I think 5 days now? I look forward to seeing you back with better behavior.