Roy

GFL FiveM Server

FiveM  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have FiveM?

2. 2. Would you play on a GFL FiveM Server?

Hey everyone,

I played GTA V Online the other day for the first time, but quickly got bored when I discovered the server I was in had 5 - 10 players (I'm sure it's fun to others, but I guess I was wanting something with more players). I decided to try FiveM and saw some servers on there. I'm not sure how hard it is to create these servers and how much resources they take, but there were some servers with 90+ people. My only issue with the mod is the stability. I was crashing constantly and the performance wasn't all that great (many times, the map would stop loading which was weird).

I was wondering who here has FiveM and who would play on a FiveM server made by GFL (I know this would depend on the quality of the server, but let's say it was built correctly with unique features). I won't be in-charge of this, but I just wanted to see what others thought.

Thanks.

Hidden

Some of these issues are directly caused by what mods a server is using, the mod FiveM itself is not the only mod it runs. It is basically an injector for the mods that the servers run.

image.png.455b0958692443af0d9fe20eb55fd040.png

image.png.21aa1a0e68b43986644510f4943d8da2.png

image.png

image.png.2bd5e5880fdc1914d17d44b64f15f6ae.png

Hidden

I voted no for both because there's was no option for a maybe. But I just don't know, I don't even know what it is so I have no opinion at this time.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Hidden
On 7/5/2019 at 3:15 AM, Mejilla said:

I loved playing FiveM but I never really found a good server that was consistently good. If a server could be pulled together in the future, I'd love to try it out!

Check out Eclipse RP, decent server. 

acanadianasian.png

Hidden
On 7/4/2019 at 4:54 PM, Bae said:

I voted no for both because there's was no option for a maybe. But I just don't know, I don't even know what it is so I have no opinion at this time.

Its basically like more of a real life GTA/ Roleplay iirc

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

On 7/6/2019 at 9:35 PM, ACanadianAsian said:

@Roy i Play on fiveM, it's great! downside i believe they have max slot of 64.

Also checkout Rage Multiplayer. 

Edit: Most streamer use FiveM.

I've seen servers with 128 slots. I believe there's a way to remove the cap.

With that said, I've looked into how to create servers and it seems pretty straight forward + Linux support (thank god). Installing mods (AKA 'resources') doesn't look difficult either and there are some resources released online (though it's through threads on a forum which isn't really organized in my opinion). Unfortunately, I still think we'll need custom content to compete. Who knows, maybe we can setup a solid server with just the public resources and look into building custom resources in the future.

To those who do play FiveM, what do you see on the servers you play that makes them stand out?

Thanks!

Posted  Edited by ACanadianAsian · Hidden
Hidden

Definitely very active paramedic, mechanic, cops! Who are good at RP! Makes the game fun! Custom cars. Without them the game is like whatever. I usually stick around server that has actives workers. 

Edit : I think that's like 80% of players look into when joining any server. - the hackers. 

Edited by ACanadianAsian

acanadianasian.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 7:43 AM, ACanadianAsian said:

@Roy any update on fiveM? 

Haven't really had the time to look into it to be honest. I've been taking a break mostly from GFL.

I can try to setup a FiveM server at some point on my local Linux VM. I won't be able to dedicate time to actually develop any resources, though.

If anybody has experience with running a FiveM server or developing resources, please feel free to reach out to a Director or I.

Thanks.

• 7 months later...
Hidden
2 hours ago, JGuary551 said:

Is there any chance of this happening? Been playing a lot of FiveM recently and it would be cool to have our own server. @Liloz01 @Ben

Dont know if this counts as necro-posting, my bad if it is xD

Should not be a problem to make a server, but finding the right person to manage and maintain a server will be difficult. Recently some things have been prioritized, so this will take a long while to proceed if approved. 

76561198043643390.png

Hidden
1 hour ago, Ben said:

Should not be a problem to make a server, but finding the right person to manage and maintain a server will be difficult. Recently some things have been prioritized, so this will take a long while to proceed if approved. 

Fine make me manager xD jkjk but oh ok I see hopefully we can eventually pull one out but I agree on other things coming first. 
thanks for the answer!

image.jpeg.c5698c2d3670a49d660e08b65bcee65a.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Hidden

I like this idea, FiveM is where I spent six months before I came to GFL. I really enjoyed the time I spent in the community I was in, the RP that can be made is very fun with the right group of people. Maybe making it a whitelisted server if the member count would allow it would also be a good idea, it would help keep the amount of people that join just to be a troll or hack. 

+1

141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

Hidden
On 7/6/2019 at 10:35 PM, ACanadianAsian said:

@Roy i Play on fiveM, it's great! downside i believe they have max slot of 64.

Also checkout Rage Multiplayer. 

Edit: Most streamer use FiveM.

Also FiveM does allow a max of 128 player slots, so still not to high but it is definitely a good amount.

141919687_forumssig.thumb.jpg.9454d9ffff45b72aee2813e382d8cd24.jpg

Current

CWRP Admin
Discord Admin

Forum Admin

Shadow COL

Shadow Assassin
Jedi Knight

Jedi Shadow 2

Former

AWP 24/7 Admin

• 1 month later...