ZombieSurvivalist

General Ban Appeal

Posted  Edited by ZombieSurvivalist

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

TheHunterGaming#4803

Why were you banned?: "IP grabbing/Scamming??

Why should you be unbanned?

I really want to apologize for this I dont know how the scamming came to play but the IP grabbing was true but it was not forth of GFL it was on another community, the situation happend when I was testing how strong my website was against DDOS which had a ip grabber to test if it was strong enough.  I accidentally sent a link to a friend which was supposed to be a different link to a video but didnt realize I still had it copied to my clipboard, the person proceeded to click it and I later told his community staff that I had done this and found out I was apart of GFL and later told some GFL staff about the incident and I was suspended from the Discord till further notice. I have since not been unbanned and it's been over 7 months since I have been banned or maybe less idk so I left GFL for a little bit and came back recently and forgot I was still banned. Anyways, I would like to be unbanned and personally apologize to any staff that I have acted immature too, or have done stuff that I shouldn't have. I have learned my lesson and punishment of the situation and would like to no longer be banned. I would like to be apart of the community a little more and help as much as I can, because I have been on GFL for over 4 years and i have really enjoyed my time here, anyways I hope you take this appeal in to consideration and I am sorry for what I have done and I wont do it again. Thank You!

Edited by ZombieSurvivalist

zombie.gif.9f61cda00cc278f3206b18d15c4fe7f3.gif.1f008076e6c4f4e9413e07a2042164f4.gif

I can't seem to find your ban information anywhere with your name, may you provide your user ID please? If you do not know how, open the spoiler tag for a guide.

First enable developer mode by going to your user settings:     image.png

Then Appearance > Developer Mode:     image.png

Finally right click your name and "Copy ID":     image.png

Thanks.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

7 minutes ago, Liloz01 said:

I can't find your ban information anywhere from just your name, may you provide your user ID please? If you do not know how, open the spoiler tag for a guide.

Hide contents

First enable developer mode by going to your user settings:     image.png

Then Appearance > Developer Mode:     image.png

Finally right click your name and "Copy ID":     image.png

Thanks.

zombie.gif.9f61cda00cc278f3206b18d15c4fe7f3.gif.1f008076e6c4f4e9413e07a2042164f4.gif

You were actually banned on an alternate account, THGnation#4313 (464948272969154603), as to why the information you provided showed nothing. Seems like it was for staff impersonation and spam, not scamming and ip grabbing. That's all I see from logs at least, I appreciate the honesty though.

Other mods can vote on this, I don't know the situation.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

6 minutes ago, Liloz01 said:

You were actually banned on an alternate account. THGnation#4313 (464948272969154603). Seems like it was for staff impersonation and spam, not scamming and ip grabbing. That's all I see from logs at least, I appreciate the honesty though.

Other mods can vote on this, I don't really know.

oh ok well a little birdie told me other wise :shrug:

So, where do i begin? I was wrong for telling you your ban was for ip grabbers/scamming. That isn't true. Those are only contributing factors because we never got proof but there were enough people accusing you that we were very suspicious of your every move.

You were banned joining discord with alts intended to impersonate directors (very poor attempt at impersonation i might add)

here is some nice proof of you admitting that to me directly. back when i was just a regular discord mod.

1844264105_stormsniperaltsproof.thumb.PNG.13bf217206c8113b6cbc34525c9e49f6.PNG

1130182911_stormsniperaltsproof2.thumb.PNG.cda7f76d804131ba281f8e2016cae8cd.PNG

1014443069_stormsniperaltsproof3.thumb.PNG.7f71b2681bb2277531776e9a8f1ee453.PNG

As i said earlier, we also suspected you were up to other stuff (note, these aren't reasons for you to be banned from discord, they just really hurt your chances of ever being unbanned)

1. Sending IP grabbers to "indian scam callers". We never got proof of you sending them to gfl members but you were banned from another community for this.
  2. You were also accused of scamming, but i don't have any proof of that so we'll just leave that one out for now unless someone has proof. 

1 hour ago, motorsteak said:

So, where do i begin? I was wrong for telling you your ban was for ip grabbers/scamming. That isn't true. Those are only contributing factors because we never got proof but there were enough people accusing you that we were very suspicious of your every move.

You were banned joining discord with alts intended to impersonate directors (very poor attempt at impersonation i might add)

here is some nice proof of you admitting that to me directly. back when i was just a regular discord mod.

1844264105_stormsniperaltsproof.thumb.PNG.13bf217206c8113b6cbc34525c9e49f6.PNG

1130182911_stormsniperaltsproof2.thumb.PNG.cda7f76d804131ba281f8e2016cae8cd.PNG

1014443069_stormsniperaltsproof3.thumb.PNG.7f71b2681bb2277531776e9a8f1ee453.PNG

As i said earlier, we also suspected you were up to other stuff (note, these aren't reasons for you to be banned from discord, they just really hurt your chances of ever being unbanned)

1. Sending IP grabbers to "indian scam callers". We never got proof of you sending them to gfl members but you were banned from another community for this.
  2. You were also accused of scamming, but i don't have any proof of that so we'll just leave that one out for now unless someone has proof. 

I realize I am in the wrong for impersonation I have personally apologized to the person I did it to and, the ALT was because of the fact that I wanted to explain to the admin what was going on and I personally apologize for all of that and as I concluded I wont do that again. On the other hand I have matured and learned a lot of lessons in my life that have changed my health and my mindset and all of the above stated has changed and I have no need nor anything thought of repeating or doing anything like this again. I know it may seem like a excuse but being banned for over 8 months, I am pretty sure I have learned my lesson and have changed the way i do things. I really just would like to be unbanned and regain trust with staff and players in the future and be apart of GFL even more than I am, I have always loved this community and have for over 4 years, otherwise I wouldn't be asking to be unbanned. Anyways thank you motor for stating the reasons for the ban and I hope you and others that know the situation will forgive me🙁🤙.

After much deliberation with members of the Directorate, Mod Team, and other higher positions in GFL. We have come to the conclusion that you haven't changed much or at all. You have also proven yourself to lie over petty things in the past for attention so how can we truly believe you if you aren't backing up any of it with how you act. That all being said, this appeal is denied.

• Guest locked this topic