JoceyMeow

Moving to WA

So I am moving to Washington with my husband in 4 days. Duty calls.

I am sure many of you have either visited or lived there. 

I was looking for some suggestions on:

• Things to do
  • Good places to eat 
  • Nice trails 
  • Etc.

I've never seen anyone refer to DC as WA.  I'm sure it's for the state.  Surprisingly: I've never been there, but my working counterparts are also there and I am sure I will get to visit soon.  Maybe I'll ask you for advice.  Good luck with the move.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Depends on the city/town you're going to live in Washington. I've recently visited Seattle for Alaska cruise in late May to early June. Went in the city to see Space Needle, museums, etc. 

If you're going to be in Seattle, I'd recommend:

• Museum of Pop Culture - it has video games areas, and it is pretty fun trying out those indie games.
  • Glass museum if you're into it.
  • Space Needle for the viewing
  • Northgate mall. It has a movie theatre, AMC supposedly - I visited there to stop for the movie, some shopping, and lunch.

76561198043643390.png

NGL, Seattle is pretty pricey to live in. There's a bunch of taxes cuz of the Light Rail System they're building. Also, sales tax is 10-11% depending on where you're living in the Seattle area. Lots of homeless wandering around too but thats a whole other story. i5/405 is always trafficking and 520 has a toll system taking you across Lake Washington (I'd suggest i90 over 520 any day)

But Seattle is like 30 - 40 mins drive away from the nearest mountain pass. We have our own ferry system to take you across the Sound. Lots and lots of fucking evergreen trees if thats your jam. We're 3 hours away from Canada so you can visit another country and come back within a day. Once you drive east past the Cascades, its mainly plains and farm land so Eastern Washington looks nothing like Western Washington.

Summer is usually the nicest time to visit if you're used to sunshine but this year is colder/wetter than usual. 

Lmao my New Zealand ass thought you meant Western Australia, that's called WA as well.

Achievements

Guest SkydivingSquid
Posted  Edited by SkydivingSquid

You can't smoke weed in the military @TheSadBandit... not until it is Federally Legalized and the DoD passes a ruling stating we could. The last thing you want to do in the military is smoke weed. :P

Edited by SkydivingSquid

I forgot to mention this in my last post but one thing you might want to start keeping an eye out for is winter clothing and rain jackets. Its on sale now and most residents usually own at least one if not more. Not a poncho, but like those North Face/ Patagonia/ Colombia rain coats. Seattle weather is temperamental especially during season changes. For people who are used to the sun and hot weather, I would recommend investing in buying layer clothing. Sometimes, it'll rain and be super cold in the morning and then by afternoon, its a nice 60F and sunny. 

On 7/14/2019 at 2:39 PM, SkydivingSquid said:

You can't smoke week in the military @TheSadBandit... not until it is Federally Legalized and the DoD passes a ruling stating we could. The last thing you want to do in the military is smoke weed. :P

Oh well I've heard differently from uhh experienced people. 

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

2 hours ago, TheSadBandit said:

Oh well I've heard differently from uhh experienced people. 

sounds like those people are about to be experienced in getting their own dishonorable discharge and court martial (i don't know if that's exactly how it works but from what i've heard from people it is.)