Roy

[Form] Supporter/VIP Perks

Hey everyone,

I made a topic in the Administration section requesting our Division Leaders and Server Managers to go over the GFL servers, list down all the Supporter/VIP perks, and then think of ideas on how we can improve our current perks along with adding new perks.

I want to know what the community as a whole thinks about our current Supporter/VIP perks along with ideas for new/existing perks.

I have also made a Google Form for this:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1iH6iV9Z3PYzzClsr-dgcjfcbOO6c3N4rYmJNRSIkK-g/

Feel free to post what you think in this thread as well.

* We will not be implementing pay-to-win perks.

Thanks!

Hidden

I think that the perks for VIP's and Supporters and very well taken care of, I realize some people dont want to donate but adding more perks to regular players could be more exciting to them and having the perks they have as a whole can really be fun for them and have them play more.

zombie.gif.9f61cda00cc278f3206b18d15c4fe7f3.gif.1f008076e6c4f4e9413e07a2042164f4.gif

Hidden

Personally, I believe that the current VIP perks are good, I just believe that some more perks/new perks would be a nice addition. There isn't currently much incentive to get VIP or Supporter, thus why there is a lack of them.

Achievements

Hidden

Well... before... I think it was more like there was more reasons to donate for perks than it was then. Like for TTT MC, before....when Violator was manager or DLManager...there was not a single perk for member, you had to donate to get the pointshop items. But of course, during when WildStark led, there were some items for members and some for donators. Well I do know that for Gmod, the main point for donator is the pointshop and the custom tags. It may differ from how it is with Prop Hunt or Hide and Seek, since they use the color command, like [blue] blue text. or something. Which it specify to specific groups. I don't know how it is with the other games division though. 

donation.JPG.6e387e7764e76db59e6ce23990c07952.JPG

So from the above image, it explains how you have the donation set-up, right. $5 for supporter and $8 for vip. It's a little confusing description since um depending on servers some allow you to change tags even as a supporter, and in other servers you can't unless you're vip. What I expect when I see donation pages, I'd expected to see these things:

• Refund Policy. Like do you have one or not? If not, what are the problems of it not occurring? And who do they direct to or contact when problem occurs. There's not a single section of that on the page. 
  • Also there isn't any specification that says or tells people how big of the perk is, like in some communities, you can only donate for that specific server, not throughout the entire community. Explaining more of your perk is another thing you can try to gain more donations
  • As for specific server perk as mentioned from the second bullets, lets say there are specific perks for one of the servers that you can't get from any other server, there should be like a document leading them elsewhere or link to direct them if they want more information. Or they can at least have a support section to help them if they need more help on deciding whether or not to donate.

So like I explained in the bullets, on the donation page, there should be a section before they sign in:

sample.thumb.jpg.686bacfd4ea2a1f377ed733bb0cfbe33.jpg

The refund policy can be on that same section too or right before they pay, so like basically after they signed in and reached to the selection of donation packages.

I understand you don't want pay2win donations. I have no idea if these are consider pay2win or just extra appearance perks:

• Teamspeak
    • Have an option where they can receive their own personal group icon. Like how team channels or managers does, they have their own personal icon. Maybe have an option of allowing them to add their own or request their own icon as long as it follows the rules.

The main point is that the manager of the servers have to at least be able to advertise their perks to see if people are willing to donate. Have a section or thread or something on their server indicating why it's so wonderful to donate to our servers. I can quite really suggest much since majority of the community that I know are pay2win servers and they're majority RP servers that asks you to pay to earn a specific item. Like lets say you want to be able to have the VAPE item, you have to donate to use that item or receive that item. And if you want it in a specific color, you have to pay at a different amount to receive that specific color.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

Posted  Edited by nblockbuster · Hidden
Hidden
1 hour ago, Bae said:

It may differ from how it is with Prop Hunt or Hide and Seek, since they use the color command

At-least for HnS, colors are available to everyone, but only Admins+ get their own custom color command. eg."[nblock]this color gay" will show up with my own colors in an animated transition between the 2 colors here image.png.5cc097176d2b83b8449076250bb5e56b.png. It's easiest to show you on HnS :lenny:

Edited by nblockbuster

Hidden
3 minutes ago, nblockbuster said:

At-least for HnS, colors are available to everyone, but only Admins+ get their own custom color command. eg."[nblock]this color gay" will show up with my own colors in an animated transition between the 2 colors here image.png.5cc097176d2b83b8449076250bb5e56b.png. It's easiest to show you on HnS :lenny:

Oh no I understand. Purge & Jailbreak use to have it like that too custom color text for admins and specific players. 😆

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements