Zero

Perks and Donations

Recently, the topic of donations and the perks surrounding them has been brought up multiple times in discord, forums, etc. So we've decided to make a topic regarding it.

This thread is going to be used for all divisions. I (obviously) will use this to help with our GMod division. However, this may be used to give input on all divisions.

Donators, both former and current, we'd like to know:

• What division did you donate for?
  • Was there a certain server you donated for, or did you donate for the perks of multiple servers?
  • What makes you want to donate/what made you donate?
  • Is there any donator perk(s) you'd like to see added?

Former donators, what was the reason you decided to stop (If you'd like to state)? Could we add anything that would make you want to donate again?

This is going to be used to brainstorm where we could go for both supporter and VIP perks. Any and all input will help us to take donator perks a step further. The only 'rule' for suggestions of what to add for donator perks is that GFL doesn't support P2W (Pay To Win). Other than that, suggestions put here will be brought to the corresponding server managers and implemented in-game if we decide it's a viable suggestion. Thanks!

banner_560x95.png?random=612065

banner_560x95.png?random=951309

Posted  Edited by _Toxic_

As for the “why did you stop” part, the only 2 reasons that I stopped was that I had been recruited to Server Admin which meant that I already got the perks, and I was running low on money at the time.

Edited by _Toxic_

Achievements

Posted  Edited by _Toxic_
5 minutes ago, Pyros said:

tbh, I only bought VIP because it was a perma package and it was going to cancelled

^ and about that, I’d personally suggest to bring back permanent rank packages.

Players are not really inclined to pay more than once in my opinion, servers with one time payments have WAY more donators from what I’ve noticed.

Edited by _Toxic_

Achievements

Posted  Edited by King_Wailord

In my opinion, GFL needs to start acting less like a company and more like a gaming community.

Give the people who make up this community what they want - a permanent option for VIP or Supporter

While terminating payments for ranks may be more sustainable to a COMPANY, the actual amount of people inclined to buy a rank is significantly reduced due to the fact of a reoccurring/terminating payment. If a permanent rank option was available for ($60-$100) I believe the donations would significantly increase as players realize the longevity of the purchase. 

Please leave your thoughts if you agree/disagree 😄

Edited by King_Wailord

Achievements

I don't think mines even counts since it's permanent. But...

• Garry's Mod
  • Was there a certain server you donated for, or did you donate for the perks of multiple servers?
    • It says it was permanent and global, so yeah multiple servers and it was worth.
    • I only cared about the custom appearances. Like more item available on pointshop or commands that is restricted to donator+

Not planning to answer the last one since it's kind of defeats the point for me to donate 😓 for perks. So I don't know what else to say. I mean... I'm appearance type of person so yeah.

pfs.gif.0454852536d8143a5e368e9f7a24a8a4.gif

credits to @Clavers

Achievements

What division did you donate for?

Gmod Division

Was there a certain server you donated for, or did you donate for the perks of multiple servers?

I've donated multiple times, every time I have a spare $7, I'll get a month of VIP. I'll usually donate for the TTT Servers & the DarkRP/Purge server.

What makes you want to donate/what made you donate?

I like the different things I got for each server. As much as people hate it, I believe p2w is a good way to get donations. Sure it's "unfair", but in the long run, it could bump up donations and give people an incentive to donate or ask for a rank as a gift from their parents. Sure, it's unfair that a person who gave $50 to the community gets "better things", but, they gave their money away so people can hop on and play for free and the server doesn't close, so I'm actually in favor of a p2w system.

Is there any donator perk(s) you'd like to see added?

I'd love to see !explode added for donators. I thought it was a funny way to kill yourself other than !kill in console, and it causes no harm to others on the server, except for the explosion sound. I also would like to see different skins added into both of the TTT servers that aren't anime related. I'm not a huge anime fan, and when I want to buy a skin in TTT 24/7, I don't want to be forced to buy an anime skin, because that's all there is to buy.

Former donators, what was the reason you decided to stop (If you'd like to state)? Could we add anything that would make you want to donate again?

I only stop when I don't have another $7 to put into the donation. I squeeze my money, and now that I'm living at my parents house and saving $700 on rent, I can allocate that money elsewhere. Not fully into GFL, but I could get monthly VIP and shit like that, when I get payed.

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Posted  Edited by TheSadBandit
5 hours ago, King_Wailord said:

In my opinion, GFL needs to start acting less like a company and more like a gaming community.

Give the people who make up this community what they want - a permanent option for VIP or Supporter

While terminating payments for ranks may be more sustainable to a COMPANY, the actual amount of people inclined to buy a rank is significantly reduced due to the fact of a reoccurring/terminating payment. If a permanent rank option was available for ($60-$100) I believe the donations would significantly increase as players realize the longevity of the purchase. 

Please leave your thoughts if you agree/disagree 😄

I agree, but at the same time disagree. I believe there should be a permanent option, but maybe at a slightly higher price, say maybe $200, while keeping the $7 monthly for VIP. The money that is generated from donations keep GFL running, though we keep getting more and more members joining, not as many of those new members are donating. I've seen first-hand that many of the people in the TTT 24/7 server are Members or Players. I see very little amounts of VIP, and that's at a price that is set at $7/month or $84 annually. Making a permanent VIP option would work for some, but knowing how GFL is, the "everyone wants a permanent option", most of the people are just talking out of their ass and wouldn't donate a single cent if the permanent option was brought back. 

Now here's where I would agree: if we had a way to gain more followers/members, this would be an awesome idea. The problem is, we don't have a big youtuber, or a big twitch streamer that plays on our servers. I've tried suggesting that maybe we should get someone like Elitelupus who's played on our servers, or Plexiate, or someone that has a big following to play on our servers. Sort of like how we have that Zombie Escape streamer who plays on our GFL ZE server, but for other divisions. 

Now bringing what I said about p2w. Go watch some of these youtuber's videos & go play on some of their servers. Compare what the difference is. The main one is that their servers are customly made, and they're mainly p2w. 

Edited by TheSadBandit

Former Gmod Prop Hunt Admin

Former Media Team Team Leader

Former Media Team GFX Member

Back then it was for css ze.

For the perks of multiple servers, because it's actually worth it. If it was for only it wouldn't be that good.

Reserved slots, good perks in multiple servers so it made the game more interesting.

Donator ranks. Like a tier level system; Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3 etc...

(Private: k2nod) Russell Crowe: are you using hyperscrolll

Achievements