My Age: 23

My Talent: 

I'm currently a senior Computer Science student in college. Most of my courses such as data structure or artificial intelligence work use C++ and C, so that's my most familiar language.  I also have experience using Javascript/Java and Node.js to build the website (HTML and CSS of course), combined with MySQL and MongoDB to build the database application.

As for game programming, I'm currently a member of the Game Development Club in my university, we have some experience using Unity to development games, just some prototype game, but that gives me a lot of help on things like game logic and game system design, also my focus recently is on the animation of character, all of these is based on C# programming since that is what Unity uses. 

My Github link: https://github.com/Alasses, not all of my project was uploaded onto Github, most project online is our group project, I uploaded a C++ example code, I can show you my other history programming example if you needed.

C++ Example - puzzle solving algorithm.zip

Hours/Week: 5-10 hour

• Like 3

Hi there!

Are we still looking for people for the development team?I mean do I still got chance to join the team?

Hi, @Alasses.

Do you have experience with Minecraft plugin development? And do you know SourcePawn/SourceMod?

Hi, @Nick

I don't have any development experience on both sides before, the only thing I know for them is MC for Java and SourcePawn/Mod for C++.

Hey there Alasses! I'm not for sure if you have gotten in contact with anyone else on the team recently. But I wanted to make sure, are you still interested in getting a development position? I don't think anyone in the team has heard from you in a little while. If it's any issue, if you're still interested in the position I would like to speak with you so we could talk directly. Maybe we could figure out a way to bring this application back to life!

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 11:26 AM, _Rocket_ said:

Hey there Alasses! I'm not for sure if you have gotten in contact with anyone else on the team recently. But I wanted to make sure, are you still interested in getting a development position? I don't think anyone in the team has heard from you in a little while. If it's any issue, if you're still interested in the position I would like to speak with you so we could talk directly. Maybe we could figure out a way to bring this application back to life!

Hi Rocket,

Sorry for the late reply, it's the start of fall term of my senior year, so there are many college things I need to take these days such as senior project, club stuff, and course stuff. 

And yeah of course I'm still interested in the position! I used to thought maybe I was already declined by the develop team since no one contact me or replied me here, so I didn't considered much about this application in the recent weeks. 

I would definitely willing to talk with you about the application or team stuff, so please contact me!

• Like 1

Hey, Alasses.

Let me inform you of what type of languages are being sought out at the current moment for GFL. Right now, the team is reaching out for GLua (For Gmod and so forth), PHP (For web based development and so on), and as well as GoLang (Which some do not know is a clowd-based google language). 

(SIDE INFORMATION FOR COLLEGE STUDENTS):

Since you're also most likely getting into the civilian side of work for programming, let me inform you as well of what languages are sought out currently by companies. Right now, there's a huge need for programmers with an understanding of Python and GoLang (At least on the software side). There's also a need for Java programmers, since most Android devices nowadays are actually developing most of its source code from Java (including its API Design). Not to say your languages are not important either to other companies, definitely gaming based companies are looking for experienced C# and C++ coders. 

Make sure to take on intern/apprenticeship work as well, since that will give you a head start among your peers! 

Edited by ghostthemarine

Hey, @Alasses. I am terribly sorry for how slowly your application has been processed. Are you still interested in joining the team?

@Nick Oh my god, sorry for the late reply. Yes of course I'm always interested in joining the team, but if it is possible for us to wait until after Dec 15 to talk about this again? I will post under this thread once I got time.

This is my first term of my senior year, I got 4 course plus a senior design project (the final project of my undergraduate degree) plus a research project from my professor, plus I'm also applying for grad school (Almost finish). I'm much more busy than I expected. Basically most of the stuff finish at Dec 15, so before that I think I don't have much time on other stuff (the hell I already AFK on CSGO for almost the whole term).

As for the professional part, I have plenty of time this winter break, I will definitely look into the GLua for Gmod, along with the Source engine. If you want other stuff for me to prepare, please let me know.

Also thanks for all of you guys' patient with me.

Best,

• Like 1