DUSTY

Disabling spec to get back on Gametracker

24 minutes ago, Vauff said:

We still do frequent spec kicks.

The problem is spec kicks only stop AFK specs, people who camp spec just rejoin after a kick.

lay down the ban hammer mister t3

3 minutes ago, Vauff said:

The problem is spec kicks only stop AFK specs, people who camp spec just rejoin after a kick.

I was so frustrated when handling the people in the sv. Even if I forcefully kick them for abusing system. They come back and ruin other player by slot reservation.

See this is what I don't get. If someone wants to sit in spec (actively not afk), what is the issue? They could be doing a number of things such as trying to learn a map or watch their friend. You guys say they are taking a spot from someone who wants to play, but the way you spend your time on the server shouldn't matter as long as it lies within the rules and does not involve being AFK. As long as people are enjoying themselves why do they have to be actively playing every second of their duration on the server? If people want to join the server, they can do what they have been doing for years without issue, wait their turn, ask an admin to kick specs, or just donate for the reserve slot. 

Posted  Edited by Some ze guy

I'm not sure if this is a truly great idea. I think there are way better solutions then just destroying spectating in general. This is newly added and by the looks of it the majority of the community hate this, many people I have questioned say it's not a good idea and or dislike it strongly but overall it's a negative response from the players.

In the gfl ze discord i see people talking how about that they are playing on the server and they see that there is about 20 spectators in the server, and I know its cliche but wouldn't that have been solved if there was admin around? Say if there was no admin, how about implement a spectator cap? Maybe a auto kick of how much time you've been in spec and a player is kicked due to hitting that time limit, or have an auto afk spec purge if there are no admins on. I'm just giving ideas dont take it to the heart, yes it may sound dumb but it's just thought.

With deleting spectating overall this will severely hurt new players in how to use items and learning/teaching new players how a map is played. Personally when I was a noob player and even to this day when there is a new map I would look around and explore then after I would spectate a player that has map/item knowledge. So with taking out spectating it hurts not just new players but all of us. 

Overall, not allowing spectating is such a bad idea. Admins and higher ups, you need to look into how a new player and or a generic person who plays ze. You might say it's not all bad but look at it through different eyes in what this brings to the players.

Edited by Some ze guy

Let me make a quick pointer... 

9 hours ago, Some ze guy said:

....  I know its cliche but wouldn't that have been solved if there was admin around?

12 hours ago, Vauff said:

Say if there was no admin, how about implement a spectator cap?

13 hours ago, Elemental said:

Limiting specs in a way just keeps the problem the same as it is now, just with a threshold of x amount of specs. 

Ele made a great point on this and I don't think I need to repeat the answer from him. 

Maybe a auto kick of how much time you've been in spec and a player is kicked due to hitting that time limit, or have an auto afk spec purge if there are no admins on

AFKManager was basically doing the job in our sv but people were avoiding it by sending the ambiguous command/ macro to avoid the AFKManager to kick them out.  We have no way to check if client is sending what kind of command that they are sending sv. 

11 hours ago, Elemental said:

See this is what I don't get. If someone wants to sit in spec (actively not afk), what is the issue? They could be doing a number of things such as trying to learn a map or watch their friend. You guys say they are taking a spot from someone who wants to play, but the way you spend your time on the server shouldn't matter as long as it lies within the rules and does not involve being AFK. As long as people are enjoying themselves why do they have to be actively playing every second of their duration on the server? If people want to join the server, they can do what they have been doing for years without issue, wait their turn, ask an admin to kick specs, or just donate for the reserve slot. 

I viewed this whole situation caused by those abusing the system of the spectator bc they don't want to play the map or no point playing as a zombie on the map. If the individual didn't want to play the map, they can simply go to another server or play other games which they protest to do so by sitting in the spectate for the whole map.  I feel yet sorry for those who were using it for good intended use, but I think it was necessary to move to stop those individuals. 

I appreciate the response @Loco and for some reason it won't let me quote you but anyways, I still don't see this issue with waiting in spec through a map that you don't want to play. If they are waiting AFK, this is wrong and they will be kicked for it. If they are still remaining active on the server, I still don't see the issue. Its a community server, people enjoy it in different ways. Sitting in spec and watching someone else doesn't seem like a major issue to me. Another issue that could be brought up is when the server isn't full. This issue is pretty relevant as in late night and early morning hours the server isn't always full, negating all of the arguments against having specs. 

I've thought about a couple solutions to maybe make the situation a little bit better for everyone:

1. Maybe theres a way to have spec's be the first to be kicked when a donator uses their reserve slot to join.

2. Allow people to spec, when the server hits 64/64 do an auto kick on specs, maybe give them 30s and a chat warning to get in spec.

3. Allow people to spec but keep the auto kick at 300s, if caught afking with a macro or something to avoid the kick maybe short ban??

The third option probably won't be liked by the supporters of the no spec, but as I said earlier, as long as someone is in spec and NOT AFK, I really don't see an issue.

The only way in my eyes this issue will be solved is is if
1. Fair and reasonable solutions are presented or

2. Enough backlash at the change is shown for admins to realize these extreme changes might not be the best solution to their problem.

Taking spectate out was definitely a good idea. There's typically like 14+ people in spec constantly after they either become a zombie or disagree with a map choice. Now you guys just need to reduce the timer for AFK players to be kicked to prevent players from just going afk after they become a zombie. Players are also starting to exploit dying as a CT and staying dead which allows them to spectate the entire time instead of forcing them to be a zombie. 

1 hour ago, Tllusion said:

Players are also starting to exploit dying as a CT and staying dead which allows them to spectate the entire time instead of forcing them to be a zombie. 

This is an exploit and is punishable.

1 hour ago, DUSTY said:

It's been decided that the server would like to see zombies be fun again.

Yes bring back spec so you can sit in spec with your vip during ff maps and constantly say rtv and then rejoin after you get kicked 

I just love how almost everyone who posted on this thread asking for spec to return are just those who abuse it 

37 minutes ago, Banjo Kazooie said:

Yes bring back spec so you can sit in spec with your vip during ff maps and constantly say rtv and then rejoin after you get kicked 

I just love how almost everyone who posted on this thread asking for spec to return are just those who abuse it 

I'd rather we take my suggestion from a couple months ago but this can be plan B.

On 8/5/2019 at 3:50 AM, Elemental said:

1. Maybe theres a way to have spec's be the first to be kicked when a donator uses their reserve slot to join.

That's how it's set up

On 8/4/2019 at 2:21 PM, vochihieu93 said:

kick spec doesn't help, they just sit in the spec, shit talking , join the team when  admins kick spec and then they return to the spec. Personally, I think GT has done well, obviously a player is more effective than spec elite 

Isn't that what you do?