qazlll456

Csgo zombie escape leader guideline from qazlll456

OKAY. I read it all the way through, and overall I thought it was helpful, however incredibly verbose. There are some topics that don't make a lot of sense, and I don't blame you English is probably not your first language. This is more akin to a self-help book, then a leaders guideline. @qazlll456 you got to remember that leaders aren't psychologists, all we can do is impart our knowledge to the player base.   overall I would say if nothing else, skim it.

Wot the guy above said. Also Too many conceptual topics. Should maybe focus on simple things that anyone can do rather than reputation. Add more examples, u got 1000 hours of leading so u should have stories.

15 hours ago, gkuo88 said:

Wot the guy above said. Also Too many conceptual topics. Should maybe focus on simple things that anyone can do rather than reputation. Add more examples, u got 1000 hours of leading so u should have stories.

I avoided creating an example of any kind of leading. Because everyone is playing different server with different people, just one simple example, in Many Asian servers, I can spam black people without any result, do you think I can say I hate black people in GFL?

I hope you got the point now. Conceptual can apply to everywhere with their own leader. They can choose any concept in the guideline and then use them for their lead. I should not involve so much.

18 hours ago, johnwfu said:

OKAY. I read it all the way through, and overall I thought it was helpful, however incredibly verbose. There are some topics that don't make a lot of sense, and I don't blame you English is probably not your first language. This is more akin to a self-help book, then a leaders guideline. @qazlll456 you got to remember that leaders aren't psychologists, all we can do is impart our knowledge to the player base.   overall I would say if nothing else, skim it.

To me, leading is manipulating people, I like to control their mind and manipulating people body completely to lead, it will be more easy to do anything. 

About the psychological viewpoint in the guideline, it is not hard to understand and when you are a better person because you should able to think what they think to let yourself able to feel what they feel, in the end,  be them to understand them to help.

Basically, don't bully people to get fun and enjoy with teamwork

Yes, English is not my mother language, yo no sé (Yo no soy español).

On 8/7/2019 at 6:59 PM, qazlll456 said:

here is no English version I can found, the translation from me will be "A barrel value is defined as the water it can contain. But the key factor to design how many waters it contains is not the longest board, it is the shorter board. Which meanthe

It's called Liebig's law of the minimum, there is also Liebig's Barrel.

4 hours ago, qazlll456 said:

do you think I can say I hate black people in GFL?

This is an American server, claim the first ammendment.

4 hours ago, qazlll456 said:

To me, leading is manipulating people, I like to control their mind and manipulating people body completely to lead, it will be more easy to do anything. 

I hope that sounds less sociopathic in Chinese.

honestly, just know the maps, know the strats, and know how to motivate people. 

some do it through shame, some do it through insults, some do it by allowing their pure masculine chadness to flow through the mic so that the plebs, weebs and betas cannot help but follow your every command. 

In reality (this is just good overall life advice for leading/managing others) you have to be able to clearly and efficiently communication what is in it for the person you are trying to lead...

you can just yell "Defend here"... and sometimes have some success.

but instead try and say "Defend at this third box, and turn around. If you fall back the door will kill you and we will lose the round" and have much more of an impact. 

Ohh fuug someone else finally realized the importance of word choice! Could leaders finally be advancing? 10/10 mate, though the command could still be polished up a bit.

How i lead: Shout at everyone constantly so no one can get a word in edgeways

Also, it doesn't matter if people don't like you if they don't have mics, or don't use them :lenny:

It's funny, I get annoyed, irrational, pissed off but mainly because I believe when you lead it's as much of a game as the rest of zombie escape. People are here to have fun and no one wants a leader who bores them to tears. When  I was hardcore leading tilex i would tell story after story to retain the attention of the audience, my enthusiasm hopefully making up for the rest. 

I suppose this comes back to uniqueness, just be yourself. I believe there is no set formula to leading, anyone can do it and just have fun. Knowing the map helps to but is not a necessity. 

It's a game, do what you enjoy. I enjoy breaking the shit out of maps, check out my youtube plz

leading is literally just telling people what to do, and its not this complicated

u tell people how to survive and make sure everyone has fun, then u shut up when ur done

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2019 at 5:59 AM, qazlll456 said:

There is no English version I can found, the translation from me will be "A barrel value is defined as the water it can contain. But the key factor to design how many waters it contains is not the longest board, it is the shorter board.

You could say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

I'd like a section on word choice like saying "back up" or "don't edge" or "backpedal" when a lot of leaders just spam "back." Most of the time, people defend, hear the leader say "back" or "door's open" and then run without looking back. Once the momentum is there, most of the team is just running. 

Posted  Edited by willywilson
14 hours ago, Crazy_Jeff said:

You could say a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

I'd like a section on word choice like saying "back up" or "don't edge" or "backpedal" when a lot of leaders just spam "back." Most of the time, people defend, hear the leader say "back" or "door's open" and then run without looking back. Once the momentum is there, most of the team is just running. 

I also think leaders should describe parts of the map, and explain things more to people, I try to do it, and it can get hard and tiring, but I think it's important that everyone knows what's going on so that everyone can enjoy the map. Let's take minas for example, while sure you shouldn't give out 5-d strats, you should still describe places to use ammo, the windows / seige tower defenses, ammo and negevs for balrog and at the last door of s3, and why you need to defend inside with cades in front of you, etc. A leader should lead to the lowest common denominator, meaning, repeat everything so that even the most daft player will hear one of the words, try to describe locations / settings of where to defend, and explain your thought process, backpedaling and edging so that no one feels left out as a new player. I also think leaders should explain bosses and lasers a bit more for the newest people, but that's a nitpick. 

tl;dr explain everything and repeat it so that the lowest common denominator understands you, i.e. the complete newbies who have no idea what cs:go or ze are

Edited by willywilson

• 2 weeks later...

It's just hard for new people to not feel left out. They don't know what to do, and the moment they die they blame somebody else quick as possible. If they had a sense of self-accountability like I had on source they might improve faster. If people shat on them more, they might gain this sense of self-accountability. When the server is noob friendly, it's anti noob improvement.