ScootypTooty

Making it easier for new players.

So my suggestion would be to add some signs or something to spawn explaining what's going on.

I was just walking around and i accidentally went into the end portal and almost died. I wasn't sure whether it was a wilderness teleport or not. For this I suggest labeling the teleport, simple but good to have.

There could be a message in chat for when you finally leave the spawn protected area. (Leaving Spawn Protected Area...) (Entering Spawn Protected Area...)

Alongside that I think the introduction of a /wilderness command with a 5min or 10min cool down would be helpful. This could coincide with a portal off one of the spawn ledges which does the same thing.

In addition, it would be helpful to know what the rules are, with this you could either list some of the rules in a rule & info area or link the website clearly? -> with this you could also show how to link forums and MC accounts.

Although you do have alerts in chat I think it would help new players if you were to have an area where it can all be seen.

As well as having lists of commands accessible to each rank so we can see the perks that VIP and supporter would get and what would be the pull factor to buying those ranks. This would introduce some more warps, or it could all be done off of spawn and have several more islands with the suggested information.

I noticed while writing this that there is a /rules command but I hadn't seen any advertisement for it, I only found it because I was double checking to see whether anything had been implemented already. 

image.thumb.png.2d8e08c95e387839e32afd7697f7ddf6.png

I'm not sure how new/old the server is and whether these things are in the works but If not, I thought it would be helpful since I joined for the first time and was lost.

Thanks,

-Moose

Posted  Edited by Remuchu

I agree, most of this is planned, but I will take your advice on the rules post and explaining how to get member. I will add the holograms ect soon, trying to figure out why they still show the armor stands. I will also look into /vip and /supporter commands.

Edited by Remuchu

image.png.455b0958692443af0d9fe20eb55fd040.png

image.png.21aa1a0e68b43986644510f4943d8da2.png

image.png

image.png.2bd5e5880fdc1914d17d44b64f15f6ae.png

2 hours ago, Remuchu said:

I agree, most of this is planned, but I will take your advice on the rules post and explaining how to get member. I will add the holograms ect soon, trying to figure out why they still show the armor stands. I will also look into /vip and /supporter commands.

Yeah, with the ledges off of spawn, you could have 1 end warp, 1 wilderness warp, 1 nether warp and 1 warp to the rules and info section.

Although a lot of work, I think it would drastically improve the experience for newer players

2 minutes ago, SwegBuster said:

@Remuchu I can get the messages leaving the spawn area working if you like?

I already added the /rules advertisement.

Go for it, I'm still working on figuring out these armor stands.

image.png.455b0958692443af0d9fe20eb55fd040.png

image.png.21aa1a0e68b43986644510f4943d8da2.png

image.png

image.png.2bd5e5880fdc1914d17d44b64f15f6ae.png

Posted  Edited by Moose
24 minutes ago, SwegBuster said:

@Remuchu I can get the messages leaving the spawn area working if you like?

I already added the /rules advertisement.

I was online briefly this morning and I noticed the alert. Thanks!

I still believe a designated area with the information should still be added so new players can see it right from the beginning and not have to wait for an alert.

Edited by Moose