Nidhoggr

SCP-3456

SCP-3456

SCP-3456 is a centaur-like creature with elongated arms and digits that end in sharp bone spurs. They manifest in locations of war, terrorism and natural disasters. They are highly aggressive to anyone in their manifestation area, as well as incredibly intelligent. SCP-3456 also lacks any hair, only having gray skin.

There are two ways I imagine that this can be implemented into the game. A is the simplest implementation, while B stems off of A.

A; Since 3456 manifests in areas of war and terrorism, whenever any opposing-team human fight occurs (D vs MTF, MTF vs CI, etc) there is an incredibly small chance of the person killed (or a spectator, depending on how this will be implemented) being spawned in as 3456. This chance should scale off of the current players, but should cap out at 1%. Only one can spawn per round. 3456 is a fast attacking (.25 second delay) SCP that does 25 damage per hit. It is slightly slower than a human unless it uses its special, where it gains extra speed depending on if it has vision on a target. The special lasts 5 seconds and has a 20 second cooldown. It has 650 base HP, scaling off of current players (as other scps do.) I also think that knockback resistance or even immunity would be a good implementation for this scp, but it might end up being too powerful for the speedster SCP that this is meant to be.

B; The same implications of A, but instead of going about as it pleases doing SCP things, the 3456 must hunt down whoever killed them. After 3 minutes have passed and 3456 has not hunted its target, it despawns back to the void (spectators.) If it does avenge itself then it can damage targets as it pleases. 

It should be noted that this ONLY occurs for opposing teams. RDMing shouldn't work at all. This SCP would implement a strong motivator for aggressive plays (causing more death and more chances to become 3456) and would allow people who complain about not being SCP more of a chance to be..SCP. 

10 minutes ago, Felix whiston said:

+1

The chance should be higher though, something like 5% or 10%

The problem with being any higher than 1% is the possibility of having them every game. The humans have a hard enough time with on average 3 various strength scps, the last thing they need is a speedy assassin every round. 

Just now, Nidhoggr said:

The problem with being any higher than 1% is the possibility of having them every game. The humans have a hard enough time with on average 3 various strength scps, the last thing they need is a speedy assassin every round. 

meh xy will decide which one he likes he will choose, he will either make it op or terrible, since the new scps are always that lmao

For this to actually show up it would need to be similar to 020. In the way that before the main 020 becomes 020 one scp is missing. Also, the speed boost special is way to overused. I'd +1 this if Xy decides to remove 020 and if 3456 gets a unique special otherwise it's just another speed boost scp most players would never see.

Posted  Edited by Nidhoggr
8 minutes ago, Supreme leader 049 said:

For this to actually show up it would need to be similar to 020. In the way that before the main 020 becomes 020 one scp is missing. Also, the speed boost special is way to overused. I'd +1 this if Xy decides to remove 020 and if 3456 gets a unique special otherwise it's just another speed boost scp most players would never see.

I don't know many lore-friendly ways to implement a unique special without it having to be speed towards someone 3456 sees. The only real other possibility would reference it's scream, but that is only 110 decibles and wouldn't cause any harm. Maybe it makes the person "scared" and  as a result unable to shoot, or possibly shoot with extreme spread?

Mostly because it doesn't have many abilities to start off with, and the only other options are probably too hard to implement. 

Lastly, an SCP isn't missing when 020 is going to be spawned. I've seen 4 scps and an 020 spawn so.

Edited by Nidhoggr

23 minutes ago, Nidhoggr said:

I don't know many lore-friendly ways to implement a unique special without it having to be speed towards someone 3456 sees. The only real other possibility would reference it's scream, but that is only 110 decibles and wouldn't cause any harm. Maybe it makes the person "scared" and  as a result unable to shoot, or possibly shoot with extreme spread?

Mostly because it doesn't have many abilities to start off with, and the only other options are probably too hard to implement. 

Lastly, an SCP isn't missing when 020 is going to be spawned. I've seen 4 scps and an 020 spawn so.

What if you worked off the 607 ability for holding down an action for it to take effect. You could change 3456 to how its actually suppose to be in the lore, basically if it sees someone it has to hold onto them for maybe 3 seconds, then if it isn't killed after a few minutes anyone that 3456 held onto would dissapear (basically die ingame).

3 minutes ago, chan_man1 said:

What if you worked off the 607 ability for holding down an action for it to take effect. You could change 3456 to how its actually suppose to be in the lore, basically if it sees someone it has to hold onto them for maybe 3 seconds, then if it isn't killed after a few minutes anyone that 3456 held onto would dissapear (basically die ingame).

I thought over this, and while it is a lore friendly option, it simply doesn't match the speedy skirmisher/assassin I wanted it to be. Not only does it not match this, it also doesn't offer a good enough special as there are no high priority targets that it wouldn't be able to kill (other than 035)

All and all, I would like the skirmisher aspect of this SCP to stay. Not allot of SCP's fulfill this role (372, 076 and maybe 966.) I feel a speed boost is necessary for this, or if not a speed boost than faster-than-human speed. If it doesn't have either of those 650 hp will not cut it, maybe up to 850.