MilkMan

New map bugs and problems feedback

The lights from the torch and how it illuminates look a bit weird imo, specially in the caves and the tower; 
I also dislike how you made the ground above the small path to get the deagle under the tester bigger; 
The caves are darker which is something I think that should be changed;
I also disagree on how the cave under tower only have one exit now, rather than 2 how it used to be;

I'm still trying to understand what the wool on the rocks behind the tower is for;

Light in the nether is awesome, good job, but I don't understand why you removed the small area that was in between the last glowstone and the hut in nether, if you do fail the jump to that glowstone you will be stuck and can't leave without either jumping into the lava or getting a TP.

Edited by Pyros
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for all the feedback @Pyros, this helps a bunch!

35 minutes ago, Pyros said:

The caves are darker which is something I think that should be changed;

The lights from the torch and how it illuminates look a bit weird imo, specially in the caves and the tower; 

I did something different with the lighting to avoid having to create individual light entities for every torch/glowstone/lamp/etc. The map compiles lighting based on the textures and values assigned, I can try to adjust those values a bit more; I was having issues with the white wool being blinding white if the torch was on top of it you can see there's no torches on the white wool anymore.

Is there anything specific you don't like about those lights? (Brightness, range, etc)

From what I could tell, all lighting in minecraft is a white/gray unless it passes through tinted glass. The different types of lighting do have different intensities; I had trouble being able to correlate the light variations into gmod.

Reference: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Light

Number values are Red Green Blue and Intensity

minecraft/liquid/lava 80 80 80 50
minecraft/glowstone 80 80 80 130
minecraft/redstonelamp_on 80 80 80 300
minecraft/torch 80 80 80 220
minecraft/torch_top 80 80 80 220

If needed I can add supplemental light entities to the caves or additional torches. For the water cave with the glowstone I added additional light because the glowstone texture wasn't lighting as much as I'd hoped.

41 minutes ago, Pyros said:

I also dislike how you made the ground above the small path to get the deagle under the tester bigger; 

I don't understand why you removed the small area that was in between the last glowstone and the hut in nether, if you do fail the jump to that glowstone you will be stuck and can't leave without either jumping into the lava or getting a TP.

I'll fix these two issues on next release, when working off of Princess' map there was a lot missing from the original b5 and a lot added; missed the addition of the island and didn't even notice the extended platform by tester.

44 minutes ago, Pyros said:

I also disagree on how the cave under tower only have one exit now, rather than 2 how it used to be;

There's still two exits, but the only way to open the second exit is with the TNT cannon. Changing this is more of a determination by vote, whether people want to keep/remove the ship or even just removal of the tnt cannon itself. Either decision would take no time to change as I keep both of those options in another layer to turn on/off.

47 minutes ago, Pyros said:

I'm still trying to understand what the wool on the rocks behind the tower is for;

No real purpose, the tower is supposed to look like it got shot by tnt or had an explosion inside of it. The blocks from that explosion would have to go somewhere so I scattered them about. If there's any of those blocks you want moved for sake of visibility or pathing let me know and I can relocated them.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Loke said:

range

28 minutes ago, Loke said:

There's still two exits, but the only way to open the second exit is with the TNT cannon. Changing this is more of a determination by vote, whether people want to keep/remove the ship or even just removal of the tnt cannon itself. Either decision would take no time to change as I keep both of those options in another layer to turn on/off.

me big dumb and didnt realize it, found out after some time

29 minutes ago, Loke said:

No real purpose, the tower is supposed to look like it got shot by tnt or had an explosion inside of it. The blocks from that explosion would have to go somewhere so I scattered them about. If there's any of those blocks you want moved for sake of visibility or pathing let me know and I can relocated them.

I was curious to see if there was any sort of easter egg.

And btw, nice spooky scary skeleton :lenny: 

2 hours ago, LawMyl said:

@Loke There is a soul sand glitch it's basically the cobweb but soul sand instead.

Thank you, I'll add that to the list to fix. I had suspected it might have the same issue as the webs, but I could never get it to go wonky.