Lunar Blade

New Moderation application

What is your TeamSpeak username and Discord ID? No TeamSpeak, Discord is LunarBlade#2143

Which platforms are you applying for?

Forums
All GFL Official Discords

How would you describe your activity there?

Fairly active, yet declining.

Why are you interested in becoming a Moderator?

I'm applying mainly for the forums, but figure I'll shoot my shot on Discord too because why not. On the forums I've run across many a post that needs to be closed and moved, so have posted asking for said action to be taken. I'd like to just be able to close and move posts myself when I come across them. As a side note, I do mainly look at threads, and am only active in the GFL Gmod Discord and section of the forums. I understand completely if that isn't a wide enough coverage to be a moderator.

How would you typically go about handling a conflict between two users?

First attempt to understand the situation and why each side is upset. Try to talk it out as best I can. If one or the other refuses to back down, then it may come to a mute/kick to make sure the conversation stops, assuming Discord. If it's a Forum Argument I'd likely just close the thread after telling them to take it to PM's.

Have you ever been warned or muted? If so, explain what happened.

No.

Moderators, please +1 or -1 this application with an explanation for your vote.

• Like 1

Could you go more in-depth concerning your activity? If it's declining, like you said, are you certain that you'd be able to accomplish all your moderation-related tasks in a timely fashion?

The declining bit is the only real part that makes me uneasy, so I won't be voting yet.

• Like 1

When I first joined, I was really active. Played TTT a lot in the late hours. As this is an application for Discord and Forums though, lately I've had more activity browsing the Forums and just reading the Discord then I have on TTT. I haven't made a formal post about it, but brought up in the Discord that I've been losing interesting in TTT due to things going on in life, and other games that I've been playing. However I still do want my position there. I'm hoping that once I get a job and things start clearing up in my head I'll be active again on TTT. In the meantime I have been on the Gmod Discord answering questions and just hanging out at times. As well as browsing the Forums. Since TTT Rot was the server I played on I have focused mainly there, as I get notified on all new posts there. But I wouldn't mind spreading out a bit more. 

• Like 2

Neutral, you do want to look at most of the forums as a mod, and also be more active. Other than that, I don't have any problems with you.

Achievements

You said active but declining. You also said this not too long ago in ttt rot admin chat

Screenshot_20190819-083611_Discord.thumb.jpg.7b82959d07186cdba31f153328050aa4.jpg

Please explain how accepting you while you're actively pulling away from the community makes sense?

Im not trying to fight you, i just want to understand your thought process better.

• Like 1

I'm not pulling away from the community as a whole, I'm mainly losing my my interest and game time of Gmod. I would almost argue that me playing less Gmod has made me more active on Discord and the Forums. As stated, I do plan on going back and playing more. I've enjoyed this community and interacting with the people in it. 

To be honest, I did make this application on a whim, unsure if I was really qualified or not. I do understand your concerns. 

And I suppose there was a few days where I wasn't too active on the Discord either. I will say I still tried to read most of what happened. This is really the only discord server I'm active in, and the only forums I actively take part in. 

I'm just going to bump the topic since it's been a week. I'd like some more feedback if I end being being denied. I've been staying active on the Discord and forums. I realize I haven't made very many forum posts, I tend to read more then post. 

(discord)

Neutral leaning towards -1 Never really talked to you, and i do see that your really active in the gmod discord, but in other discords either your not in them or like the main you only have 47 post.

(forums)

Neutral leaning towards -1 Your really only active in the gmod section more so TTT which isnt bad but there so many other places that could be needing help or just talked in then just TTT.

Things to work on

• Join all GFL official discords get to know everyone and the whole community.
  • for forums respond to things instead of lurking, go everyone in the forums instead of TTT

Other than that i dont see you being a bad Mod

• Like 1

I'm going to have to agree with JGuary Here when it comes to the Forums section.

You're going to need to be more than just Acquainted with the Gmod section of the Forums, As your Position handles with a Majority, if not all, of the Common Areas of the forums.

Other than that, you're excellent at handling Situations from what i've seen, And the chats i've had with you have been Enlightening, But i feel like you need more Experience with the Forums as a Whole, Rather than just Gmod.

Work on that and you'll likely gain a +1, For now i'm Neutral about it, Just about the only thing i can think of other than that, is your Activity, and that's been addressed it seems, So we'll see how that Improves/Changes.

(This is my Experience with him and Not a vote, this is Purely for the Discord Team so they can make out a Better response) Your activity in Discord seems to Mirror that of the Forums, you mostly stay within your Area, Gmod, and Moreso TTT, This is something you'd have to work as, You'd have to Cover more than just those areas, But much like my Forums  vote, You're a nice person to be around for the most part, You know how to Handle situations and Given your Admin experiences in TTT, you could apply Some of that to Discord, But alas, you'd need to up your Activity.

But for the most part, You'd be a Great addition to both teams given you Work on your Activity, and are able to Address these concerns and Act accordingly, You've been a great Staff member to TTT and i have no Doubts you could do the same here.

Have a Nice Day!

Sincerely, Forums Moderator Davoony.

• Like 1

Alright, thank you both for the feedback! I'll be sure to keep all that in mind. This application can sit here for a bit, or be closed and I can apply again. 

I am neutral on forums side. Haven't really seen you outside of the gmod bubble.

After giving it some thought, the amount of content on the forums and the amount of discord servers this community have is a bit overwhelming. That, and considering that I'm really not an outgoing person, I'm not sure I can live up to the expectations needed here. So I think I'll just go ahead and rescind this application. I'll stick to just helping out with the TTT server. Thank you all for your feedback!

• Like 2

Cheers, thanks for applying. I'm sure you would've made a great mod both on discord and the forums if you worked on activity. The content on both platforms may seem daunting at first but you get used to it with experience. I'll move this and also tag @motorsteak so that he's in the loop.

Hope to see you soon though! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1