TheSadBandit

New Moderation application

What is your TeamSpeak username and Discord ID? TheSadBandit#1337 (will probably change)

Which platforms are you applying for?

Forums

How would you describe your activity there?

Very Active

Why are you interested in becoming a Moderator?

Honestly, I'm giving this one more go, last application was well over 3 months ago.

I'm fairly active on Forums, and I'd like to do something other than be TTT Admin on both Gmod servers, since I can only take so much cancer from the server & would like to assist in other areas of GFL. As TL I moderated Forums & Discord a little (only when it seemed necessary mostly because I wasn't trained in the areas, so I didn't want to get involved, but would step in if things got way too out of hand).
Talking about my activity, I'm on the forums almost every day, unless I come back from work feeling like death, then I just go to sleep. Sometimes I comment, other days I just look around, but I do see a lot of shitposting or things that are out of place that sometimes need to get moved to the right location. An example of this is people who post Admin apps in the wrong sections, and other random things like that. When I was TL, I really liked moderating the forums more than Discord, as it was a more relaxed form of moderation in my opinion, something I'd like to put my time towards again.

How would you typically go about handling a conflict between two users?

Step in and tell the 2 to chill out and continue their conflict in private DMs. If they continue to argue in the Discord, then I mute them (I'm assuming upon being hired Moderators are given a general timesheet for mutes/bans).
Shoutbox-wise, I would tell them to calm it down, and tell them to move it to PMs, if that doesn't happen, I'll issue both of them a shoutbox mute for an hour (or whatever the length is) to give them time to chill out.

Usually I wouldn't result to muting people, I would try to defuse the situation as much as possible before actually muting.

Have you ever been warned or muted? If so, explain what happened.

I was banned for as a joke from the Discord, and then the ban remained for about a month. I don't know what punishments stacked that high that I was banned permanently, but the initial ban itself was a joke.
Muted a couple times (none in the past 2-3 months) for joining ping wars.

I said I'd stop doing them, and I've stopped.

Moderators, please +1 or -1 this application with an explanation for your vote.

• Like 2

Neutral leaning to +1, you are active on forums and do help out with bans/apps but idk if imma +1 just yet. Lemme think on it.

• Like 1

Achievements

Neutral this is your 3rd app within like 6 months so in the middle with you but i do like you as a person, talked to you alittle bit, wouldnt be a bad mod but give me a little bit and show me you arent the same since the last app.

• Like 1

I've talked with Sadbandit for a LONG time now, and my only concern is

You've been warned (While not on the forums, it still applies) in other areas Alot in the past, and you've still taken it upon yourself to keep pushing the Limits, Whose to say you won't keep doing it here, Especially as a mod? It's just a concern, you've Improved in recent times but you've said some questionable stuff too.

Otherwise, you Help with Applications and Ban appeals, and that's a good start, But for now, I'll roll with Neutral and see how you go in the Following Days/Week

Have a Nice Day!

Sincerely, Forums Moderator Davoony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pyros said:

neutral, same as Jaded

7 hours ago, JadedJade said:

I've talked with Sadbandit for a LONG time now, and my only concern is

You've been warned (While not on the forums, it still applies) in other areas Alot in the past, and you've still taken it upon yourself to keep pushing the Limits, Whose to say you won't keep doing it here, Especially as a mod? It's just a concern, you've Improved in recent times but you've said some questionable stuff too.

Otherwise, you Help with Applications and Ban appeals, and that's a good start, But for now, I'll roll with Neutral and see how you go in the Following Days/Week

Have a Nice Day!

Sincerely, Forums Moderator Davoony.

I did mention this in the appeal. I haven't been warned since the unban, which was around 2-3 months ago (late June). I haven't done anything to cause chaos, haven't mass pinged people (except I did tag directors because wiggles had given me the permission to do it once). I've stopped dancing on the line Discord-wise. As for the questionable things, I tend to follow the conversation that's been previously had. An example is when we all get drunk & talk about what kind of alcohol we've been drinking. Then we all have a convo about good types of alcohol we all enjoy, though it could be questionable because we have younger admins, we aren't condoning underage drinking.

Both forums and Discord-wide I've changed the attitude to be more professional and helpful, but not strict and hard-headed. In the general chats for Discord I've joked around a bit, but nothing over-the-top. 

That's my side of it, if you have any instances where I did do something that was pushing the limits, tell me about it, please.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JGuary551 said:

Neutral this is your 3rd app within like 6 months so in the middle with you but i do like you as a person, talked to you alittle bit, wouldnt be a bad mod but give me a little bit and show me you arent the same since the last app.

I thought I had posted my response regarding this. 

It's been 8-9 months for all 3 apps. It's been approximately 5 months (since around March-April) since my 2nd app. I do believe I've changed in 5 months, considering what I've stated in my response above. 

Neutral. I still don't know too much about you. 

Achievements

why should i accept your app instead of accepting another candidate?

• Like 3

Not to degrade anyone that's recently applied or has their apps up, but the only app I see is ShadySkill's app. I put a lot more time & effort into my responses (though I did copy and paste them from my previous app, the time & effort was put into it to write & update it). His responses are 1 sentence long, he has 65 posts on his account since his creation date April 18, 2018. It's been more than a year and a half, and the only recent activity I see is from Aug 25 - present day. 65 posts in more than 1.5 years doesn't show activity to me. Even if his timezone is Poland CET, I don't see what would stop him from getting to know the community that is online at that time (I've stayed up a couple nights & forums seems to be active at that time as well).

Me:

I have a huge amount of posts, which shows I'm frequently on forums. I haven't been too active recently due to the hurricane that just hit us, and my wifi having been down for about a day or so. I also took my free time since class started and mainly focused on school/work and more school. I do have this one class that I can finish within 2 weeks & get full credits for (would mean I don't spend $300 on a book, I just use the free version). 

I also have the experience of moderating & being staff on forums. During Media Team I moved things around (I wasn't told I couldn't until later on & I stopped). I would mainly move things to the right place (ban appeals generally in the wrong section). I'm also professional in the general public image, though I do joke around in more private chats, my main priority is to be a good representative of GFL, and portray a good image. As far as forums go, I report posts and comments a lot, to try and get certain posts more cleaned up; for example, ban appeals & people who shitpost on them. I'm usually the person that reports those comments to clean up the appeal. 

I don't get heated/offended. I know there's a general community within GFL that tries to make people mad (only a few have gotten me to that level, and even then, I just back off and set myself straight). I'm generally not a person who can get pissed off easily, and my tolerance for toxicity is much higher than others.

As far as rules go, after my Discord ban was undone/lifted  I've changed my Discord/Forums attitude to be more professional and helpful, but not strict and hard-headed. In the general chats for Discord I've joked around a bit, but nothing over-the-top like the mass pinging that I used to participate in purge general. 

Alright I'll put my thoughts in then. I know I can trust you with sensitive information of others and that you won't leak them. (Well maybe except the drama and discussions that go on but who knows.) But I really can't say I trust you with your behavior. From what I've seen from TTT (yes I know it's been months since the "joke ban") it makes me feel like you won't take your position seriously as a Forum Moderator. I fear that you would even misuse the moderation system on someone (example: giving someone a warning point as a joke). I remember you saying once "Well I only ban/kick my friends because they know it's a joke." Well if that's whats going through your head right now about Forum Mod then it's a big no from me chief. Forum Moderators must maintain a professional manner. Regardless if they're your friend or not. Or even if they're on the joke it still doesn't matter. Not saying you can't joke around on the website as Mod, just shouldn't use your powers to joke around. Anyways that's my take and I'll still remain neutral for now. I just wanna see if any of the other mods have changed their views of you.

• Like 3

Achievements

14 hours ago, VilhjalmrF said:

Alright I'll put my thoughts in then. I know I can trust you with sensitive information of others and that you won't leak them. (Well maybe except the drama and discussions that go on but who knows.) But I really can't say I trust you with your behavior. From what I've seen from TTT (yes I know it's been months since the "joke ban") it makes me feel like you won't take your position seriously as a Forum Moderator. I fear that you would even misuse the moderation system on someone (example: giving someone a warning point as a joke). I remember you saying once "Well I only ban/kick my friends because they know it's a joke." Well if that's whats going through your head right now about Forum Mod then it's a big no from me chief. Forum Moderators must maintain a professional manner. Regardless if they're your friend or not. Or even if they're on the joke it still doesn't matter. Not saying you can't joke around on the website as Mod, just shouldn't use your powers to joke around. Anyways that's my take and I'll still remain neutral for now. I just wanna see if any of the other mods have changed their views of you.

So about the "banning friends", that stopped a while ago (last one was the joke ban 3-ish months ago?). Also when I had ACP I never did anything forums-wise to harm GFL or any of the members, not even those I consider friends. I do think I maintain a professional manner when it comes to public view of my GFL positions, though I do joke around in both TTT servers a little bit, it's mostly just setting a friend's karma to 0 and then giving everyone 1000 karma at the beginning of a round (usually when I notice a lot of people having below 1000 karma). As for Forum Mod, I wouldn't take the position as a joke, and giving a friend a warning point sounds pretty dumb for someone to do, even as a joke. If the whole "jokefully punishing friends" thing was still going on, I'm fairly sure Zero, or even the 2 Server Managers would've caught wind of this and already demoted me.

Not ranting, just giving my POV on this.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 8:49 AM, TheSadBandit said:

So about the "banning friends", that stopped a while ago (last one was the joke ban 3-ish months ago?).

Neat. 👌

Also when I had ACP I never did anything forums-wise to harm GFL or any of the members, not even those I consider friends.

True. You are right.

I do think I maintain a professional manner when it comes to public view of my GFL positions, though I do joke around in both TTT servers a little bit, it's mostly just setting a friend's karma to 0 and then giving everyone 1000 karma at the beginning of a round (usually when I notice a lot of people having below 1000 karma). As for Forum Mod, I wouldn't take the position as a joke, and giving a friend a warning point sounds pretty dumb for someone to do, even as a joke. If the whole "jokefully punishing friends" thing was still going on, I'm fairly sure Zero, or even the 2 Server Managers would've caught wind of this and already demoted me.

Sounds good enough to me.

Well now I'll cast my vote: +1 You were trusted with Admin CP and to my knowledge you haven't abused it. You'll have ModCP (if accepted) so I can at least trust you with that. Don't disappoint me. Good luck with your application bud.

• Like 1

Achievements

I'm gonna be real with you chief, we don't really need forum mods right now. This app while not bad (it has some good points i will say that), also doesn't have anything that makes me say "if i want to make the forum mod team better, i need this person on it". So I am going to unfortunately deny this app based both on the current needs of the team and that there isn't anything that really stands out. Good luck with the rest of your endeavors in GFL.

• Like 1