ZombieSurvivalist

General Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

TheHunterGaming#4803 THGnation#4313

Why were you banned?: Impersonating Staff :facepalm:

Why should you be unbanned?

Well this is my second appeal within 2 months for the same reason because the previous denied. This incident and one other were conflicted around 8-9 months ago on the Official GFL discord.

The IP grabbing incident was not apart of GFL in any way but was brought up to the staff team. It happend in another community that I was apart of named Divinity about a year and a half ago. I was pretty good friends with the people who played on their. So what happend is I was working for a small company that paid me and 3 other of my friends to test their DDOS protection. Yes we did have all legal rights and permission from the company and it was done accordingly to their requests. In order to test their protection we had to use a IP grabbing application which would test one of their bots and see if it would recognize a faulty link. It did not recognize it and we proceeded with the attack accordingly to their request. After a while we had finished the job and it was done and they made adjustments to their website, after this I still had a faulty link that was linked to the IP grabber and accidentally sent it to one of the members of the community and he saw it was faulty and reported me. So that's that inncident. but that was not the issue why i was banned from the discord but i brought it up again because i know people knew about it. 

2nd thing was apart of GFL I impersonated a staff member not gonna say who, but it was apart of a big prank that resulted in my ban. I was in a voice chat with 2 other staff members at the time and they were telling me what to say as I was "this certain staff member" and people later realized it was me and I went on a alt just to be in the discord and got banned on that one too. Anyways me and the other 2 staff members thought it would be a funny prank but it wasn't and I later apologized to the staff member in private. 

So yea the IP grabbing wasn't really apart of the ban but I just wanted to let the staff know what happend in case u didn't know since some did. The impersonation was a really stupid thing. I just wanted to say that being banned from the discord is like leaving out a part of GFL that I was apart of and I wanna say I'm sorry and I know that this happend a long time back but I have learned from my mistakes and I know others can agree with me and vouch that I have changed. I want to still be apart of GFL fully and being back in to the discord would make me feel a lot better and make me feel like people can trust me

Thank you for reading and I hope u take this into consideration. I'm very sorry and I will not do this again nor anything like it. -Storm  

:thumbsup:

zombie.gif.9f61cda00cc278f3206b18d15c4fe7f3.gif.1f008076e6c4f4e9413e07a2042164f4.gif

Can you give a list of all the accounts you used to impersonate? I'm gonna let other mods (or higher ups) vote/give opinions/evidence before I make any decisions.

1 minute ago, ZombieSurvivalist said:

I used THGnation#4313 and TheHunterGaming#4803

are you sure? i can't fully unban you unless i unban all of those accounts and i'm not just clicking unban all.

I'm confused about the "IP Grabbing" situation. If I remember correctly, several months ago you never mention about working for a company to test their DDoS protection. (Which I find it odd that a company would hire a random group when they themselves can easily test it without spending money on someone to do it.) And I can't remember the story you gave us way back about the IP grabbing but I know for certain that you didn't tell us about a company. I know we didn't ban you for this reason but I'm just confused about the situation since now you mention it.

Anyways my thoughts on the impersonation thing. Eh let that be by gones. It was a harmless joke but at the time you did it there was tension between the two staff you were with and the rest of the staff team. So it was pretty understandable why you were punished for that. But that was a long time ago and all is calm now. So +1 to unban you from the discord server gamer. Good luck with your appeal.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

9 minutes ago, VilhjalmrF said:

I'm confused about the "IP Grabbing" situation. If I remember correctly, several months ago you never mention about working for a company to test their DDoS protection. (Which I find it odd that a company would hire a random group when they themselves can easily test it without spending money on someone to do it.) And I can't remember the story you gave us way back about the IP grabbing but I know for certain that you didn't tell us about a company. I know we didn't ban you for this reason but I'm just confused about the situation since now you mention it.

Anyways my thoughts on the impersonation thing. Eh let that be by gones. It was a harmless joke but at the time you did it there was tension between the two staff you were with and the rest of the staff team. So it was pretty understandable why you were punished for that. But that was a long time ago and all is calm now. So +1 to unban you from the discord server gamer. Good luck with your appeal.

Thank u and yes I dont think I mentioned a company before but I said I was testing for valid reasons. But yes I was working for a small company or (website) that was starting out and my freind had created it so he knew me and asked If I could help and test his protection.

zombie.gif.9f61cda00cc278f3206b18d15c4fe7f3.gif.1f008076e6c4f4e9413e07a2042164f4.gif

1 minute ago, RivalRevival said:

I'm not part of this whole ordeal but the company thing is hurting my brain a bit.

If you were hired to test ddos protection, why would you be grabbing ip's?

Like I said above my freind is the server hoster or we called it a bot but I had to get his ip since hes running the website.

Couldn't he just give you his IP? 

I was perfectly content with that being over but now none of it makes sense at all. 

And if he was the hoster, how could an outside person who needed someones specific ip to even begin to "test ddos protection" do anything with it? Were you doing the ddosing? I'm 10 shades of confused

10.png

09d0b896183dbff5a60d2b2cc222695d.png

367262534_BOI.png.c132dc31a7816b5ef0a2142c6559bc4c.png

Achievements

Posted  Edited by ZombieSurvivalist
7 minutes ago, RivalRevival said:

Couldn't he just give you his IP? 

I was perfectly content with that being over but now none of it makes sense at all. 

And if he was the hoster, how could an outside person who needed someones specific ip to even begin to "test ddos protection" do anything with it? Were you doing the ddosing? I'm 10 shades of confused

The only way he could give me his ip is a ip grabber(well atleast all I know of) so I had found one and used it with a link and began the process. Yes I was the first one to test round one but after a week he wanted to have us try again and I was gone so my freind did it for me since he was helping. 

Edited by ZombieSurvivalist

Posted  Edited by MilkMan

So, I know you hadn't mentioned the DDoS incident in detail before, but in this appeal "General Ban Appeal" makes me think you wanted everything off your chest. Now, for the LEGAL part of this IP grabbing situation, did he give you any Legal Documentation for allowing this? Granted I can't look at it because there is probably your SSN# and such, but this is also for a damn game... I believe everything get's too stretched out because one thing doesn't add up or one thing was said wrong. This ban appeal WAS mainly for the Impersonation and so far nobody is Voting on whether you can be unbanned(beisides kite since he's a "good boy" sometimes). 

As for me and see what my staff members has put on your application, it seems you have grown and haven't started any trouble with Past or Present staff members. 

Now, the whole testing for a company thing, it's a little iffy story if I may be honest. I mean all you can do is tell people and it's on them to believe you in the end. If what your saying is all true, that's all you can do. 

Also you already know my vote considering the fact I did make you Admin.

Edited by MilkMan

giphyMilkMan.gif.fb5ae94508aa4d64ac8cb43f19d36ff4.gif

14 minutes ago, MilkMan said:

So, I know you hadn't mentioned the DDoS incident in detail before, but in this appeal "General Ban Appeal" makes me think you wanted everything off your chest. Now, for the LEGAL part of this IP grabbing situation, did he give you any Legal Documentation for allowing this? Granted I can't look at it because there is probably your SSN# and such, but this is also for a damn game... I believe everything get's too stretched out because one thing doesn't add up or one thing was said wrong. This ban appeal WAS mainly for the Impersonation and so far nobody is Voting on whether you can be unbanned(beisides kite since he's a "good boy" sometimes). 

As for me and see what my staff members has put on your application, it seems you have grown and haven't started any trouble with Past or Present staff members. 

Now, the whole testing for a company thing, it's a little iffy story if I may be honest. I mean all you can do is tell people and it's on them to believe you in the end. If what your saying is all true, that's all you can do. 

Also you already know my vote considering the fact I did make you Admin.

Yes I did have the legal documents and legal registrys  to perform the tests and I made him sign a waiver stating that this could affect his ip. When in fact after the 2nd testing we had no problems and moved on.

ok so here's what we're gonna do, you're unbanned from discord (those two accounts you said were the only ones you used are the only ones i am going to unban). any issues with ip grabbers, impersonation, or anything related to the previous activity that got you banned/kept you banned/or you were suspected of and we go right back to where we are now.

• Guest locked this topic